News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on August 29, 2018, 05:10:50 PMSo.much.drama.in.my.husbands.family. It's so frustrating, disappointing, and makes me so incredibly anxious/nervous/unsure.

<snip>. It's overwhelming not knowing what to say or do, but feeling like you need to do something.

We are supposed to go to Arkansas this weekend to see my parents since Jeremy finally has a day off work (holiday on Monday). We will drive down Saturday after he gets off work and come back home Monday afternoon. So ready for a break from Illinois. Then in 24 days from today, we are finally going on vacation to Nevada! Thankful for jobs and homes and cars.. but man, they are sure stressful sometimes, haha. We are going to have to buy a new vehicle this fall/winter before he starts his mandated overtime with the USPS for Christmas deliveries. I'm not sure I can handle 12+ hour days here at work while I'm waiting on him to get off work. It's been.. a/c, roof, car, etc. If we hadn't already purchased our plane tickets, I wouldn't be going on this vacation in September, haha. I would LOVE to be able to pay down majorly on some bills so that our credit scores can get even better so we CAN get a great deal on a car! Again - I am SOOO thankful that we have good jobs.

Speaking of.. I need a nap. It's so dreary here from the weather that I think everyone's feeling the need for a nap in the office.

I understand completely. We had a similar situation arise recently- my niece got busted with meth and a whole bunch of other illegal things. She has a tiny 8 year old daughter, who looks like she is 4, not 8, and Department of Human Services was called. When they took the kid, the DHS worker is a close friend and former coworker. She immediately called me...we said no. I can't go through the heartache, and it would have meant some very hard sacrifices for our family, including pulling Chey from private school to afford it. The child's other grandma was available, so she went to her- in Illinois. I hated it- but I had to make choices based on what is best for MY child first, and at this point there would be no way to raise another child without pulling her from private school, which to me would be majorly unfair.
 Sometimes, being an adult s.ucks and the hard decisions are even worse to have to make and look at yourself in the mirror afterwards. I second guess myself all the time , wondering "did I do the right thing?"
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Seems to be a reoccurring theme here lol ...prayers all around!

My brother and sis-in-law are working towards getting guardianship then eventually adopting a little girl and her soon to be brother. The mom is crazy and off her rocker. She's part of my sisinlaws family of some sort. I dunno the relation.

She (the mom) harmed the little girl in the past though, so she def. can't have the girl back. But they've stopped working towards guardianship because if they wait until the baby boy is born, they have a better chance of getting both kids.

Love listening to that little girl talk. She's not even one yet. We Marco Polo so I get to hear her talk. She says hi, bye, and puppy. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
One day closer to the weekend. A three day weekend, glory to God. I NEED that. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Where did everyone go???
I'm glad it is Friday. A pain of a coworker resigned, though, and as a result I have a ton of her people on my caseload. She was terrible at her job too, so I've got a 5 star mess to fix... I really am fighting a battle to not hate her right now.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 30, 2018, 04:41:52 PM:hi:
One day closer to the weekend. A three day weekend, glory to God. I NEED that. LOL
A three-day weekend for you means a lot of business for us at my job. I have just now reloaded my stash of chocolate at the job to cope with it.

Our town needs a movie theater. Or a bowling alley. Or a skating rink or somewhere else for people to go besides the local fast food factory.

Bobby: I rejoice with you in being relieved of the presence of a pain of a co-worker.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well.  I enjoyed today. Little bit of jeep time with the kiddo, a little bit of Rusty time, and I got the new top for the jeep in and installed.
And I had time to cut the grass at the house and the church.

The Purple Fuzzy

Kids birthday parties will make older folks tired. That is all.

Roscoe

:hi: At work. After church on Sunday night. Yet another of my wayward children have been arrested on felony charges. I ain't gonna be here for long, which is more than I can say for him......

Roscoe

Did everyone forget about GP??? No one posting :sadbounce: How am I supposed to know what is going on with you nuts if ya don't post?? :pound: :pound:

And I see that Mel may meet a guy named Gordon soon and he will sweep into her life quickly. Here's hoping he's a gentleman and doesn't do any damage. But one can never tell about these tropical dudes.. They have a stormy disposition. :ugly:

sunlight

Im alive. I don't think I have ever in my adult life felt as dependent on other as I am now. I don't like it. That's all.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Yeah, Im not too thrilled about my new guy-friend. But Im not scared. We have already spent extensive time in prayer and fasting about the entire storm season. So we may get the storms, but God will spare us any major damage. I have faith.

But I have lost everything before, so Im not scared of that either.

Just waiting to see.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I am now working third shift at my new job and I really like it. Its very minimal work and same rate of pay. Lol

The hardest part is staying awake after about 3am.

taco_harvell

GOD is working a miracle in me and for me! I feel better than when I started this physical and spiritual battle 5 years ago. I have no headache!!! I'm moving better, I can get around without 2 canes, and I weigh less than I have since I can remember, and I slept like a rock last night. I'm trusting GOD to complete this work in my back and right leg, both are still in pain and there are some serious issues in my lower spine... But I know the GREAT PHYSICIAN JESUS CHRIST! GOD has done a miracle in my mind, body, and spirit!

My blood sugar would spike with the severe pains on top of other pains then if I took something to lower it or the pains eased it would drop rapidly more than once to 17. GOD protected me and blessed me with a wonderful wife who spotted when the blood sugar dropped and she helped me get something to bring it up quickly.

GOD healed me in Canada of blood sugar issues I was off all meds when this happened for me 3 years ago. I was actually put back on blood sugar meds because my blood sugars were dropping and was told the diabetic meds meant to lower blood sugars also worked to ''balance the blood sugar''. It actually began to send them to high and then it was still having huge drops. I've taken no blood sugar meds tonight and my sugars are in the normal range!!!

I can't put into words what GOD has done for us! Believing HE can and will make me WHOLE!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to my Creator and the Author and Finisher of our faith JESUS CHRIST!

To be continued...
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: sunlight on September 04, 2018, 04:31:16 AMIm alive. I don't think I have ever in my adult life felt as dependent on other as I am now. I don't like it. That's all.

Being dependent on others for almost everything is one of the hardest most humbling things I've gone through. I will say in those times God taught me many lessons especially about trust. Hang in there Sis, you're in my prayers!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

Back from Arkansas last night. We didn't get there Saturday night until.. almost Sunday lol. So so tired, BUT I enjoyed spending a day and a half with my parents. :)

Only FOUR workdays for me this week. WOOHOOOO. BUT.. next week my coworker is off on vacation and I'm praying our boss doesn't make us compensate for her work lol. It's a bit much how much she has to do at the drop of a hat from these bosses, haha. At least one of them she's taking with her (her husband), hahahaha. Then SHE is back for a week, and then ~I~ am going to be gone for a week! WOOHOO.  I can't believe how fast this vacation has come upon us. I have NOTHING packed/ready, haha. I'll have to start getting all that figured out this week I guess.

Roscoe

:hi: At work. Barely awake. Made the snafu of driving the Jeep in because I have some errands immediately after work to do. It would usually be no issue,  because a coworker has court in another county. He usually drives direct from his home, but the ONE time I leave the state truck at home, he comes in to get a vehicle. Dear God. I might add that this is the pain that tries to find a reason to complain on me.

MsJennJenn

I traipsed off to Austin for the 3-day weekend.  :updown: 
I'm so tired today. So, so tired.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Nearly quitting time....please, dear lord. It has been a very long day. And at lunch, instead of eating, I paid the state its pound of flesh for the privilege of me working and buying a jeep. :pound:
 One of my major pet peeves is paying sales tax on a used vehicle, especially one that is 24 years old...

Nelle

Went to a Mary Kay part last night. First ever "spa" experience.. interesting!

Poor Jeremy had to be the one waiting on me last night. I thought the party would only last an hour... more like it started at 630 and didn't end until after 8pm. LOL. My bad. He had been off for an hour or so already before that as well. He got to eat dinner tho.. I only got snack foods. I told him that I was just cashing in all those days I waited hours for him after work LOL. But today, we're both a little sleepy. I apparently need to be going to bed at like 7pm, haha.

Eating toast w/ grape jelly for breakfast. Sitting here at work trying to talk myself into *not avoiding work.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on September 05, 2018, 12:46:33 PMEating toast w/ grape jelly for breakfast. Sitting here at work trying to talk myself into *not avoiding work.

Doing better than me then. I'm avoiding/ignoring it.

Stomach is so upset this morning, I dunno why.  :-?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Gordon was legit a mild storm.

Little wind and rain and he moved along about his business.

Thankful.

MsJennJenn

Yes and he's pushed the rain this way. It's rained all day here. We're thankful for that also! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:  Lou has put up with me for 15 years as of today. I was a sweet boy and bought her flowers. Got called a romantic sap because I purposely bought lavender roses(same color her bridesmaids dresses were) and had them place yellow Carnations in the bouquet (The first flower I ever gave her,way back when I was trying to impress her).
She was happy. I wish I could afford about two weeks in Europe, but until I win the lottery that I don't play, that's on hold..

The Purple Fuzzy

Happy anniversary, Bobby.

We still need rain. We are under a burn ban.

Roscoe

So annoyed this morning. Lou was on the way to take chey to school today and some idiot pulled out, hitting her in the side......No injuries, but the car is bent up again, and I had to repent. :pound: