News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
 Morning all. Cheese, who seduced you? :lol:
Thank God it is Friday. I intend to use the weekend to get my property nice and clean. Got a load of metal to haul off, and a big brush pile I shall probably burn..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

My parents are having another "surprise" visit this Sunday for Jeremy's birthday. I have always preferred to have 1-2 weeks notice so that my house can be in super great shape for visitors. Instead now I'm going to be cleaning all night and tomorrow and tomorrow night! I love them, but they make me nervous when the visit all of the sudden! hahaha.. It'll be worth the work tho!

We are going to take them to one of the local peach orchards for peaches and cream. YUM! Jeremy gets to pick the restaurant for his birthday dinner. I'm hoping he picks somewhere good, haha.

Chseeads

Glory be to Jesus, let the Hallelujahs roll...

:spin:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Beautiful day here. Yesterday was too, although it was hot. I spent most of the day working on my yard. Hauling brush (3 trailer loads!) , a trailer load of scrap metal, and a lot of weedeating, grass cutting.
It amazes me 1) how much stuff accumulates and 2) how much work it is to keep a house and lawn nice looking. I haven't even worked on the flowerbeds much or replaced the dead flowers who gave up from the heat....

Lynx

I can't wait until October. October is my happy month. It gets cooler outside, bugs are DYING BY THE TRUCKLOAD!!! and the grass stops growing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

GOD answered 2 prayers for us yesterday. My wife had several health issues over the last 2 months that caused her to miss work. Then her vacation pay got messed up. I asked some on here to pray for provision because we had no clue what to do after paying medical bills for both of us then this. Saturday my pastor told my wife a minister felt led to take an offering for us, and when she got it yesterday it was almost to the penny what she missed at work and her vacation pay that got messed up.

Then, we somehow got a case of the flu in July/August. Yesterday it hit me like a train wreck. I had chills and shakes so bad I was shaking the floor around the bed. I almost went to the er several times. After my wife went to bed it got so bad it felt (and feels) like a rib cracked. I couldn't get my voice loud enough to call my wife and I thought about calling an ambulance. Instead, I began to pray put a small prayer cloth on my head the Spanish pastor gave me and just began agreeing with the prayers they prayed. I began to sweat like a pig in a smoker. I feel better right now than I have in a month!!!

Praise GOD!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on August 05, 2018, 06:04:53 PM:hi:
Beautiful day here. Yesterday was too, although it was hot. I spent most of the day working on my yard. Hauling brush (3 trailer loads!) , a trailer load of scrap metal, and a lot of weedeating, grass cutting.
It amazes me 1) how much stuff accumulates and 2) how much work it is to keep a house and lawn nice looking. I haven't even worked on the flowerbeds much or replaced the dead flowers who gave up from the heat....

I've watched houses here and in Alabama go from dream homes to not even being able to see the house when people walk off and leave them. There is a video that goes through baseball and football stadiums 6-12 months after they were closed. It's amazing how fast nature reclaims an area. Even in the desert... I was reading where a wind storm in the Sahara uncovered a city no one in living memory knew was there.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

My parents came yesterday and spent most of the day with us. I love seeing them. They make me feel safe! We got to eat lunch, have peach smoothies, and laugh about random stuff. They just make my heart smile.

We got the report back about our roof today. The insurance is saying there isn't any hail damage, so I have about a week to figure out what to do with the situation before they non-renew us. Probably going to have to get the roofer guy to schedule us for later in his schedule and then write a letter to the insurance telling them we have contracted him to fix it, so that they will renew us for now and then we send in proof that we actually fixed it when it's complete. Hoping this all can go smoothly and the money will be there. What they call "adulting" stinks, haha.

In GOOD news, Jeremy's truck is now fixed. We could've fixed it for the part ourselves, but we weren't convinced that was the issue. Like.. we literally bought the replacement part and had it in my car to put on, but Jeremy tried to clean the old one and when that didn't fix it, he didn't think it was the problem. Our friends took it down to that shop on a trailer (saved $100 on towing!) and they fixed it before noon today! So for about $100, I now can leave work on time.. and sleep an extra hour and a half in the mornings! WOOO! :) I was allowing for much more than that in our budget just because his truck has tended to be on the expensive side of repairs. I will be jumping for joy when we can finally get a different vehicle for him to drive to work.. one with less issues! haha

Roscoe

Taco, that is great. I tried to call you back again...I'll try later. I've absolutely stunk at communication lately.
And Saturday the local butcher shop had chuck steak on major sale. For 10 bucks, I got one that weighed nearly 3 lbs. I put it in the crockpot this morning with potatoes and two cans of French onion soup. When I came in, I cooked a couple cups of rice, and served the meat and potatoes over rice. It was delish. And now I have a blueberry cobbler baking for dessert. I'll totally cheat on healthy eating and drown it in vanilla ice cream.
 I need to go back outside and do a bit more yard work, but I am totally lazy.

Chseeads

You're also totally weird. But who's counting.

On roof topics....  I never have heard back from the roofing place about finishing the gutters and other few odds and ends.....  I don't know what the hold up is with that. 

Lynx

Wait, what?

Bobby: You're making blueberry cobbler, but it's not "cheating on healthy eating" until you drown it in ice cream? I have got to know the ingredients in this healthy blueberry cobbler.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Ike- I can't remember your pastors name. I was randomly talking to Robbie about your grandma and your church the other day and he was asking. (Tell your grandma I said hi)
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Urgh. It is morning. I am NOT a morning person. I do NOT want to be at work dealing with, ick, people. But here I is...
And Isaac, the cobbler is fruit. Therefore it must have SOME health benefits. The ice cream was just a demonstration of how far I was going off the healthy eating wagon.
And re:roof- the metal roof we recently did was the best thing we could've done. Now I need to replace the gutters or at least do something about them. A storm took down the front gutters years ago and I never replaced them.

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on August 07, 2018, 11:47:47 AMIke- I can't remember your pastors name. I was randomly talking to Robbie about your grandma and your church the other day and he was asking. (Tell your grandma I said hi)
PM sent.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

It is storming here again. Thunder, rain, everything.  I really hope it doesnt do that Friday, because I'm off and would like to putter around in rusty..

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on August 07, 2018, 01:32:20 PM
Quote from: sunlight on August 07, 2018, 11:47:47 AMIke- I can't remember your pastors name. I was randomly talking to Robbie about your grandma and your church the other day and he was asking. (Tell your grandma I said hi)
PM sent.
Got it. Thank you!

Roscoe

Still raining/storming. They claim that the chances decrease as the week progresses and Friday will be sunny. We shall see. Today, I have court and church. Gonna be a long day..

sunlight

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

sunlight

Quote from: EricShane on August 09, 2018, 04:01:03 PMOh my goodness.

Dude! Where have you been? How are you? Talk about someone who disappears for a decade then shows back up! Lol.

Roscoe

WOW. A golden oldie. Now if they would stay around.....

I made it through a rough day. TWO of my offenders were arrested in separate assault cases, to go with a third who had assaulted someone the day before. This means mucho paperwork. Now I'm off for three glorious days. Gonna enjoy them- I have nothing I HAVE to do.