News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I'm afraid it's hit Texas as much as it can. It's already heading up the other direction. Boo.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Nelle

I've been making a point to start trying to listen to more preaching while I'm at work instead of listening to Hulu, Netflix, or music.. and I FINALLY listened to the podcast of Scott Graham preaching "Hide The Children" on Apostolic Classics from Texas Camp Meeting from June 2008. Wow!! I wish I could find the DVD to this instead of just the audio. I feel like our whole church needs to hear this message!

If you have kids, grandkids, work in children's ministry, have any interaction with kids.. what a message to listen to! It hit me in the gut as a sometimes tired, discouraged Sunday School teacher!

taco_harvell

We really need prayer!!! My wife is having trouble with her back again and she has a bad sinus infection. Also, the lady who does the payroll at her job messed up her vacation days.

I'm trying to figure out how to pay the necessities this month. We need a physical and financial miracle!

Anyone who says we won't go through tribulation can't prove it by me!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Roscoe

Morning, all. Back at work, fortified by a large cup of coffee. Truly, the Lord was gracious when he allowed man to refine the process of making a morning beverage from these holy beans....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Nelle on July 30, 2018, 09:45:15 PMI've been making a point to start trying to listen to more preaching while I'm at work instead of listening to Hulu, Netflix, or music.. and I FINALLY listened to the podcast of Scott Graham preaching "Hide The Children" on Apostolic Classics from Texas Camp Meeting from June 2008. Wow!! I wish I could find the DVD to this instead of just the audio. I feel like our whole church needs to hear this message!

If you have kids, grandkids, work in children's ministry, have any interaction with kids.. what a message to listen to! It hit me in the gut as a sometimes tired, discouraged Sunday School teacher!

I tried to find a link, but if you can find one that he preaches from general conference 2006 called "Something on Layaway" do it.  It was powerful enough that I had our church watch it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Quote from: mini on July 31, 2018, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: Nelle on July 30, 2018, 09:45:15 PMI've been making a point to start trying to listen to more preaching while I'm at work instead of listening to Hulu, Netflix, or music.. and I FINALLY listened to the podcast of Scott Graham preaching "Hide The Children" on Apostolic Classics from Texas Camp Meeting from June 2008. Wow!! I wish I could find the DVD to this instead of just the audio. I feel like our whole church needs to hear this message!

I tried to find a link, but if you can find one that he preaches from general conference 2006 called "Something on Layaway" do it.  It was powerful enough that I had our church watch it.

I looked online for that and can't find it. I'm surprised it's not on youtube since some of the other GC 2006 sermons were. I saw a comment on one video asking if anyone knew where that message was as well, haha. Sounds like it really WAS a good one!

Roscoe

I can't get over how much Jenn and Heather look alike in their profile pics, at least to me. It's caused me a double take when they post one after another..
And TOTS,this day is draggggging..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Nelle on July 31, 2018, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: mini on July 31, 2018, 01:41:00 PM

I looked online for that and can't find it. I'm surprised it's not on youtube since some of the other GC 2006 sermons were. I saw a comment on one video asking if anyone knew where that message was as well, haha. Sounds like it really WAS a good one!

Okay! I found out WHY it isn't on YouTube anymore! It appears to have been caught in a copyright claim by PPH. I have contacted PPH to see about how I can obtain a copy. :)

MsJennJenn

Hate having to find/use "scholarly sources". Everything that's considered "scholarly" is so out of date usually. Just quoted a 1999 article. Like really? Things are so far updated now. Rawr.

Just keep telling myself I'm almost done, I'm almost done. 139 days.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on July 31, 2018, 05:25:39 PMOkay! I found out WHY it isn't on YouTube anymore! It appears to have been caught in a copyright claim by PPH. I have contacted PPH to see about how I can obtain a copy. :)
Wait, what? You can copyright a recording of a church service? And that's legal?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on August 01, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
Quote from: Nelle on July 31, 2018, 05:25:39 PMOkay! I found out WHY it isn't on YouTube anymore! It appears to have been caught in a copyright claim by PPH. I have contacted PPH to see about how I can obtain a copy. :)
Wait, what? You can copyright a recording of a church service? And that's legal?

I thought the same... especially since I wasn't aware that PPH could claim it anyway. It's not their service, not their preacher, not their material. If anyone, I would believe the preacher should be able to claim it, haha. I guess the only way they could is if it was their camera/film that recorded it. Maybe that's the case!

They emailed me back and gave me a link to purchase the backordered DVD for $15. I sat there shocked at that cost.. maybe I'm wrong for that, I'm not sure.. but I'd hope that at least is free shipping, haha.

MsJennJenn

That is weird. I wonder what gives them the right to copyright that particular service?

I wonder if it was hosted by PPH and they didn't "air it" live. So like you are "stealing" in essence by recording the service with your own phone/video. So you had to purchase the DVD in order to hear it.

Kind of like how it's "illegal" to go into the theater and video the movie you're watching and then put it out there for people to watch ahead of it's intended DVD time.

Digital ethics are SUPER tricky these days with the influx and increasingly smart digital age.
I'm getting quickly knowledgeable about this kind of thing. As it plays a huge part in marketing.
Marketing ethics was the only class I've made a B in. :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Marketing ethics is a very fluid and ever shifting topic. Not only is it understandable you make a low grade in that class, it might actually be a good sign about your character.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

True that. All I meant is that marketing ethics has gotten harder due to the digital age. It's a lot easier to steal, borrow, copy, whatever someone else's work. Without giving credit.

Not as easy or as fact-checking as it once was.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning all. Ethics. Something that as a whole is becoming more and more rare. And something that cannot be taught, but that doesn't keep my agency from trying, with mandatory classes every year. Fortunately it is now an online class...

Very lightly scheduled for the rest of the week. Then this weekend I shall work on cleaning up my place a bit more..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 02, 2018, 12:56:32 PM:hi:
Morning all. Ethics. Something that as a whole is becoming more and more rare.

That's cus morals are what's becoming rare. You have to have morals to have true ethics!
People have no morals anymore because they don't trust God will take care of them. We're in a very selfish time.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Says one hiker, "I can't find the device that helps me locate delicious mushrooms!"

Responds his friend, "Oh no! You've lost your morel compass!"

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

:reaction:

In the last days, perilous times shall come....for men shall be lovers of their own selves more than God.....

Evil men and seducers waxing worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

:reaction:

mini

Well, if I had known you hated puns so bad, I would have started them earlier.

:ugly:

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/