News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

They're predicting crazy stuff here. Golf ball or larger size hail. A tornado. Damaging winds and rain.

They even canceled church. :roll:

Guess we'll see.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Been busy in a neighbouring county, helping with a sex offender roundup. Folks there are some sick folks among us, and I have led a sheltered life. Didn't get off work until after 7. Tomorrow will likely be a repeat.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

YOU have led a sheltered life? I thought with your background in law enforcement you had seen it all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 17, 2019, 07:33:17 PMIt's raining, again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQAafNgGzA
This song has been running through my head for four straight months, every time somebody says it's raining again...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

In local news, sourdough starter is an unpredictable beast, but a very, very slow one.

My bread reserves were low so I used my normal Wednesday off to make a batch of bread. The starter was not propagating like it should, so instead of mixing up the dough Tuesday night I let the starter sit until Wednesday morning. Still wasn't doing right, but I mixed up bread dough anyway. Let the dough sit a few hours, no rising at all. I kneaded it a second time and put it in loaf pans anyway, hoping the yeast would catch up.

EIGHT HOURS LATER the dough started rising. Just in time to get ready for church. I had a hectic night last night, shuffling bread in and out of the oven around picking up bus kids and taking them home. Good thing I live four minutes from church.

Moral of the story: Never get involved with sourdough unless you have no life. People with lives of any kind don't have time for this junk.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Our electricity has been off & on and we've had lots of rain. Thankful that's all we got. A good portion of our town is out of electricity because some transformers blew. They cancelled classes at the high school but the other schools still had class since they were on the other side of town. I bet that made some kids jealous.

MsJennJenn

Nothing happened here until about 11:45. Then it was just rain. It rained about 2 hours or so. Then that was it. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Isaac- in regards to the things we've discovered doing sex offender checks- well, even being a cop for nearly 20 years doesn't cause you to see THAT.

Hi, all. Finished the sex offender round up. Now it is raining like the second day of the Genesis Flood. I am tired of rain. Storm blew through last night, snapped a branch off of one of my trees, and nickel to quarter size hail hit around midnight. That striking a metal roof was LOUD.
 Supposed to be pretty this weekend, then back to rain next week..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Metal roof... heh! I grew up in a house with a metal roof. Gentle rain was soporific but a heavy storm would keep you awake.

What was worse, we had two english walnut trees right near the house. Every time one of those green cannon balls dropped, BAM!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 18, 2019, 10:33:06 PMMetal roof... heh! I grew up in a house with a metal roof. Gentle rain was soporific but a heavy storm would keep you awake.

What was worse, we had two english walnut trees right near the house. Every time one of those green cannon balls dropped, BAM!
I was actually a little disappointed after we put the metal roof on. I grew up living in an OLD house (built in the early 1900s) with a tin roof. If I remember right the tin was nailed directly to the rafters, I don't think it had any sheathing under it. When it rained, it was an amazing sound. Some of the best sleep I ever had came from rainy nights under that old roof.
When we put the metal roof on our house, I knew it wouldn't be as loud, due to the underlayment and sheathing, but I'd hoped for a pleasant thrumming on the roof in a rain storm. Not to be, mostly it is silent- but the hail hitting it made it talk.
 It's STILL raining. Not hard, but very much still here..

Lynx

We must have had an OLD house then.

I slept poorly because sinuses, and I expect today to be hectic. I might tear somebody's head off today. Or maybe just an appendage.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I laughed about the walnut trees. Jeremy wasn't use to them at my parents' house. The first night he ever slept there, I thought he was going to have to find shelter. He was spazzing out everytime one hit. LOL. He's better about it now even though we all find it annoying that they fall and hit, haha.

@Work. Sleepy. Felt a little sick yesterday evening but hopefully that was the last of it!

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Done with my interview. Didn't feel like they were AS interested in me as the first interview guy was. But maybe I just wowed them with my awesomeness.  :afro:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 19, 2019, 03:09:40 PMDone with my interview. Didn't feel like they were AS interested in me as the first interview guy was. But maybe I just wowed them with my awesomeness.  :afro:
Was the last guy single? :freaky2:
 Maybe his interest wasn't all professional.....
I bet Mini and I can come up with alternative facts just based on this. :lol:

Hi, all. Went back to Russellville today and finished up home visits. Then I took the remainder of the day off in comp time. It is pretty, but windy and chilly here today. Fixing to go figure out what I might can cook tonight..

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful sunny day here. :shine:
This is the first weekend that it hasn't rained all month.

Roscoe

Absolutely beautiful day. I enjoyed it by going and paying Mini the ransom for Sam the '52 to come home.  Four hours in Rusty though reminds me that he is NOT Lou's Lincoln as far as comfort is concerned. He DID get 24.7 mpg though, and that included a spirited 70 mile sprint at 75-80mph.
Now I'm fixing to put a meatloaf in the smoker. Not doing a whole lot constructive despite needing to.. LOL

sunlight

We found a bit of cash in the Sam's  parking lot recently. Left our number there- waiting to see who is going to claim it.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Hope no one claims it.
And I hope everyone had a great Easter. We had an early church breakfast followed by a church service. Was out by 10 am. I  came home, mowed the lawn, went to Russellville and picked up some plumbing supplies to fix the shop bathroom. True to form, I fixed the water issue, only to discover that a piece of the drain has came loose under the floor. This means I'll have to remove a piece of siding to get to the drain and fix it. Hopefully, I'll get that done tomorrow night- it got dark on me tonight.
 I think I'm gonna go shower and crash early tonight. Tomorrow promises to be a nightmare...I have a gazillion people scheduled.

Lynx

I have a small problem that I wish all of y'all were here to help me with.

In my town we have a lot of community services where all the churches in town get together - Thanksgiving service, a church service at the city park in May, and of course Easter Sunrise service. This year our church was hosting Sunrise service. After church of course everybody adjourns to the fellowship hall to eat breakfast.

I took a notion to make an egg dish, but I didn't want to do the standard sausage/egg/cheese casserole that everybody else would no doubt be doing. So I got a recipe from a friend for buttermilk pie. The recipe makes two pies. I swiped an industrial size pan from the church kitchen and multiplied the recipe by 8 to be sure I had enough for everybody, so I had 16 pies-worth of buttermilk pie filling in the pan. I baked it up into a custard, then put mashed pears with cinnamon on top and baked it a bit longer.

It was delicious, but the problem is I should probably have made only about 5 pies-worth. What do I do with all the leftovers? Even delicious custard can be too much of a good thing.

Maybe I should have made it chocolate...
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Are there any police stations/fire stations/ambulance stations or hospitals nearby? I would be stopping by and dropping them off as a "thank you." If they don't want them, they can do away with them from there. Either that or donate them to friends/neighbors?

@Home. My allergies have come around to say hello and now my eyes are red and puffy. Eye meds going in tonight for suuuure.

Easter Sunday was a good one! First Sunday in three weeks that I haven't been sick and throwing up! YAY!! I even had a "new" outfit on! LOL.. I didn't go shopping, but it works out similarly when you bought things a few years ago and just never wore them. I'm glad I finally got to put to use a skirt and top I really liked. We of course took no pictures since we were in a hurry to get to dinner at his grandparents.

Cats are ready for bed. They know I put them in their room at about 10, and they start pestering me about 9-9:30. They probably aren't ready to be quiet or sleep but I know they want the treats I give them when they go into their room at night. I think the next time I go to the doctor I'm going to have to mention my allergies, because when the cats spend so much time near my face, I end up with more allergy issues than normal. Seems unfair that pet love could cause you discomfort, haha.

Trying to figure out when I can go see my parents. I've tried for a few weeks but I've been sick or things were busy at church. I'm wanting to go on Mothers Day because I know it means more to my mom. I find it hard to balance seeing my family three hours away with the responsibility I feel for being present at Sunday School. Unfortunately, my aging parents tend to bear the brunt of that, and I don't see them as much as I would like. I should just deal with it and go down for the Friday evening/Saturday afternoon trips I can get. I wish we all lived closer!

We looked at a house this week that we LOVE. It's one of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen - exterior-wise. It was built in 1973, and a few of the rooms directly reflect that, but the rooms are SO spacious and any changes that we would make could be made in time. It's unfortunate that we are just not ready to make that kind of financial step. I hope that we can find something just as amazing to us when we are ready. I cannot believe that house is even still on the market. Those are the days you wish you had endless money and endless home repair skills, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy