News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Quote from: Sister_Mom on May 01, 2007, 01:22:17 PM
But your ramblings are especially hitting me to the core this morning Kris. Thanks, I needed to see that.  :great:

Still praying for you.

Yeah, me too. On all three sentences...

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

My moseying mind is meandering on the topic of compliments and how they affect self-esteem...(thanks to a certain thread in singles) LOL

Too many times in this world of ours, compliments have endless strings attached or are just plain a lie. And I think that's twisted the way some of us think--even about sincere compliments. I know for myself, even when someone at church tries to give me a compliment I often find myself thinking "What do they want this time?" (LOL) or  "Why would they say that when it's so obviously not true?"

The last of which brings up another point...does the way we perceive ourselves affect the way we accept (or reject) compliments? or is it the other way 'round?

I don't have answers, just lots more questions....

LOL

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on May 04, 2007, 06:54:55 AM

Too many times in this world of ours, compliments have endless strings attached or are just plain a lie. And I think that's twisted the way some of us think--even about sincere compliments. I know for myself, even when someone at church tries to give me a compliment I often find myself thinking "What do they want this time?" (LOL) or  "Why would they say that when it's so obviously not true?"

That is totally me right there.

:thumbsup2:

Good stuff Ruby, Good stuff.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

No ramble this time. Just a quick notice to my friends that the rest of GP doesn't need/want to know about, and I figured y'all would look for me in here anyway. :)

I'm leaving town tomorrow and will be gone for about a week. Taking a much-needed vacation with my family. :) So...no internet access for a while, and I knew a few of you would notice if I disappeared for that long. Oh, and my cell will be off all week, too, because it's my business line, and I'm NOT dealing with that on vacation! LOL But I'll check for msgs occasionally. *smile*

God bless you all!

apsurf

Vacation===the interpretation....

Her family has a guy they want her to meet....if she says no, they leave her in the mountains!!
:laughhard:

Have a safe trip my friend, and God BLess!

SippinTea

I could think of worse fates than being left in the mountains. :)  Remember, I'm a mountain kind of gal! :P

And thanks for the well-wishing!  :hi:

apsurf

New Interpretation......The teacup will be given to the first guy to offer a water buffalo as a trade! :laughhard: :teeth:

SippinTea

*mumble* Did I mention I'm running away? LOL

Quote from: nwlife on May 12, 2007, 05:27:45 PM
Her family has a guy they want her to meet....

And I certainly hope you're wrong about this one. They have been pushing kinda hard again lately. *sigh*

Just in case y'all wondered...Singleness is NOT a problem and it DOESN'T need to be fixed!!
(There. I feel better now. LOL)

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on May 12, 2007, 05:36:21 PM

Just in case y'all wondered...Singleness is NOT a problem and it DOESN'T need to be fixed!!
(There. I feel better now. LOL)

Well said My Tea Sippin Friend!

I for one would notice if you were gone, and I will miss you...who am I gonna talk to all night? But you deserve a break and a rest, so enjoy it while you have the chance!

*EXTRA BIG HUGS*

Have a blast!! And think of us when you are in the woods alone with Jesus!

SippinTea

Thanks, Mel! You're a peach! And I'm sure I will think of you. LOL It'll seem strange to go to sleep without a 'good night' wish from you.  :updown:  I'll be wishing you could be with me sitting by the campfire! ;)

MelodyB

I wish I could be! That would be awesome!

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on May 12, 2007, 05:36:21 PM

Who said it was? It's a gift, right? Surely you've heard of the gift of singleness...some people just seem too happy to give theirs up. Phoooey.

MelodyB

Oooooo I like that!

Singleness is a GIFT!

Classicrambler

Yep...you can choose to keep it, or get rid of it.

What does one usually do with a gift?

LarryTheCucumber

:laughhard:

I'll be saving that quote to repeat at an inopportune moment in your future, CR...  :freaky2:

Classicrambler

To which I will reply, " 'Tis more blessed to give, than to recieve."  :grin:

apsurf

But from what I have heard through the grapevine, your downfall from bachelor has been planned by some of your family....  :hypocrite:

newkris

yeah, well, many a poor bachelor has had his family plan his debunking from the EOB. 

hey, surf?  what's on your av?  that's a little . . . odd . . .kind of creepy even!  wanna see some more minneapolis pics?  i took some the other day at st. kate's where i'm hoping to go to school in the fall. 

sorry.  i don't know how i get off topic so easily.  :pwink: 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Classicrambler

Quote from: nwlife on May 18, 2007, 12:52:27 AM
But from what I have heard through the grapevine, your downfall from bachelor has been planned by some of your family....  :hypocrite:

Why am I not surprised?  :roll:

SippinTea

Yeah, CR...ya been to eharmony yet?  :roll:

No?

I didn't think so.

Me neither.

Classicrambler

"I am determined

to hold out to the end...."  :sing:

SippinTea

SippinTea

Somewhat Gloomy Glimpses into My Meandering Mind...  :smirk2:  Hopefully these meanderings end well...

How is it that some people have a knack for giving a direct stab to an already open wound? How is it that they have a talent for drilling in to the very point you're most vulnerable, most hurting, most wanting to hide from everyone's eye? How is it that point-blank hits can turn you from an adult into a sniveling, cowering, eleven year old—even if it's not visible to anyone else?

Okay, granted she's a child, and probably has no idea that words can hurt that badly. But still...why would she say that? "I don't like your face..." And then proceed to elaborate in detail the reason she doesn't. No kidding. That's why I don't like it either.

At which point I'm silently asking "Do you think I like looking this way?" "Do you think I enjoy looking like a freak?" "Do you think I'd have picked this face if I'd been given the option?"  ....Which sends me to the bigger question of "God, are you sure you knew what you were doing?"

Reading things like "for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works" only make me think of a hundred sarcastic remarks. Not a good reaction to God's Word, I know. Verses like Zephaniah 3:17 are somewhat comforting: "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." But only when I can manage to keep my only mirror as the reflection in His eyes. And that's a hard perspective to keep since I'm living here, not in heaven.

If nothing else, though, these things serve to remind me of the kind of person I don't want to be, and the kind of person I want to become. I want to hand out compliments freely to everyone around me, to focus on the beauty I see in people (both internal and external), to bring as many smiles to the faces of others as I can, to never cause tears. Especially not the kind of tears that don't show, because those are the kind that result from the worst pain. Even when I can't see or find God's perspective of myself, I want to be able to help others see it for them. I want to see the good in people, and be generous in pointing it out.

Watch your words!!!

James 3:6-8--"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison."

Proverbs 16:24—"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."

Proverbs 29:20—"Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him."

Proverbs 12:18—"There is that speaketh like the piercing of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health."

Proverbs 18:21—"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Proverbs 31:26—"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Yeah, the Pro. 31:26 thing...yeah, that's the kind of woman I want to be.

Sister_Mom

This is something that has also been on my mind pretty strong for the last couple of weeks. While we can't control the behavior of other people, and we can see things that they don't think we can see, the selfishness, degrading others in order to lift themselves up, cutting remarks to keep someone under their thumb... we do have more control over who we are and how we handle the equally sensitive feelings of others. We have to remember that even those who make those remarks do have feelings they are trying to hide, and are just as easily hurt as we are, they just deal with their feelings differently (hopefully).

Reacting in the manner that comes natural to the flesh, and the way they expect us to, doesn't do us or them any good.

Mat 5:44-48  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

It's not the easy road, but it's the better road.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB