News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

oh, ST, but you are so beautiful!  such kind eyes and easy smile . .  . and such GORGEOUS hair!! 

funny though how our impressions of ourselves and our assumption of someone else's impressions are so very different.  i guess that's why it's so very important to speak good things to one another.  if you had heard 100 good things that day, maybe the child's words wouldn't have hurt so much?  but . . . where were the 100 speakers to fill your mind with grace?

hhmm . . . 

i well understand biting sarcasm - having grown up as Fat Kris (as opposed to my sister, Tiny Tina).  and, of course, sarcasm became my manner, too, until i realized how hurtful those words could be.  it's kind of fun, sometimes, to try to find good things to say to some people - some are more difficult than others, but now that it's a habit . . it's much easier and i find it harder to find the "bad". 

ST, really, i see you as confident, gentle, caring, strong and absolutely beautiful!!  (and if i had soap, i'd talk to the that kid who said otherwise!)
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

MelodyB

So is that why you jumped on me so fast when I used that word the other day Kris?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

newkris

exactly!  i see as hilariously funny!  always quick to have an answer for someone . .  . fat?  no.  maybe ..  . PHAT!!  would be a better word!!  always the extra voice to keep the conversation moving - sometimes serious, sometimes not so serious.  quick to be encouraging . . . those are words that describe you.  i haven't actually seen you and it's hard to judge from pics, but it looks to me that your smile is rather winning and your eyes are very sparkly - a little mischievous even - so that's what i think of when i think of you. 

so.  now there's your lesson for the day!

a friend of mine recently encouraged me to make a list of all of the good things i could think of about myself.  it took a couple of months, but i found a few things.  i think you ought to do the same.

HAPPY MONDAY!
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sister_Mom

Ahhhhh..... Much better way to start off Monday than my boss' idea. Positive, encouraging, actually being interested in people, enough to be observant of their good qualitys, behavior and personality. Hey Kris, how would you like to become a marketing director?  :freaky2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Thank you, Kris. You're one of those encouraging people I want to be like when I grow up. ;)

(And just for the record, I can't imagine what they were thinking to call you Fat Kris! There's nothing fat about you! *hug*)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

titushome

Quote from: newkris on May 21, 2007, 11:57:23 AM
oh, ST, but you are so beautiful!  such kind eyes and easy smile . .  . and such GORGEOUS hair!! 

It's true.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

Oh, my word! I'm gonna cry. That's a very high compliment coming from you, Don! *Hug* for my favorite brother-in-law.

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on May 21, 2007, 07:39:41 PM
Oh, my word! I'm gonna cry. That's a very high compliment coming from you, Don!

It is?  Sorry to make you cry...
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

*laugh* Goof.

Good tears, not bad tears. There is a difference, ya know.  :updown:

titushome

- Augustine

SippinTea

Exactly.  ;)

Btw, how's Baby and the little Mama doing today? I should call her this evening...

titushome

They're doing quite well.  Though she still regularly feels nauseated, the vomiting phase is almost completely over.  She's even been able to eat some foods (milk, cheeseburgers with the works) that she had to avoid for a few months.

Our next appointment - and the one at which we'll find out the baby's gender, unless we change our minds - is next Tuesday!
- Augustine

SippinTea

Yay!  :clap:  Good reports are always nice. :)

(It's a boy.)  :P

Classicrambler

Quote from: titushome on May 21, 2007, 07:29:35 PM
Quote from: newkris on May 21, 2007, 11:57:23 AM

It's true.

Your avatar, Don, on the other hand....

titushome

- Augustine

MelodyB

SippinTea

:spitlaugh:

Mel! Sarcasm/dry humor such as that coming from YOU? You musta been hanging out with me too much lately.  :P

But speaking of your avatar, Don....what were you doing? It looks like you're preparing to be decapitated.

MelodyB

Since when am I not sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor? I do that all the time.

:hypocrite:

titushome

I was lying on a picnic table up at the Hawk's lot.  The thing I like about the picture is that my face is so overexposed, it looks like it's glowing.  The whole picture actually has John (CR) in the foreground and me in the background, so the camera focused on him, resulting in the washed-out look.  I cropped it to show just me, though.
- Augustine

Classicrambler

I thought he should have turned it so it looks like he's standing up...but no.

Since when does anyone listen to me? 

Maybe it looks more like he's a burn victim, with a plastic replacement face. We could start a thread containing the story on how it occured...with details added by all the members of GP.  :great:

In other news, today is my mom's birthday. What should I get her? HELP!  :hypocrite:

LarryTheCucumber

Quote from: Classicrambler on May 23, 2007, 12:11:26 AM
In other news, today is my mom's birthday. What should I get her? HELP!  :hypocrite:
:o
:pound:
:laughhard:

SippinTea

*grin* Don't worry. He got her something really nice. I already heard about it. :)

titushome

Quote from: Classicrambler on May 23, 2007, 12:11:26 AM
I thought he should have turned it so it looks like he's standing up...but no.

How's that?
- Augustine

Classicrambler

Now make it so we don't have to scroll around to see it...

or is it just me?

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.