News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Working today and tomorrow then I'm off for 2 days.

The Purple Fuzzy

Today is our 41st anniversary, time sure flies.

MsJennJenn

Wow Happy Anniversary Sandra!

Day 1 of official training. I've been bored mostly cus it's stuff I already know for most part. lol week 2 (next week) is when it gets tough supposedly. We'll see!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 19, 2024, 06:03:25 PMToday is our 41st anniversary, time sure flies.

Happy Anniversary

My parents would have been married 45 years this Saturday.

Roscoe

Happy anniversary Fuzz.
Here it is ten pm and I've just now gotten the chance to get here. Slept in, worked on Sam, went to the church and worked on Wednesday nights bible study, prayed, came home and worked on the power point for said bible study. Back to the salt mine tomorrow...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. Salt Mine. Bah. Unexpected court at 9am. I may request for the defendant's execution.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Day 2 of training. Getting back to having to be awake before 9 is hard lol. Mornings are hard.
I'm happy for the routine, but it's hard.

I slept the entire night smelling weed and I swear I still smell it now. It's very odd. And no I promise Bobby there is not an ounce of weed in my house. Thankfully hubbs hates the smell just as much as I do! LOL But why does my house smell like pot?!! It's a mystery!!!! And one I am quite perturbed at!!  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Jenn, is your hubby liking his new job?

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 20, 2024, 02:59:08 PMDay 2 of training. Getting back to having to be awake before 9 is hard lol. Mornings are hard.
I'm happy for the routine, but it's hard.

I slept the entire night smelling weed and I swear I still smell it now. It's very odd. And no I promise Bobby there is not an ounce of weed in my house. Thankfully hubbs hates the smell just as much as I do! LOL But why does my house smell like pot?!! It's a mystery!!!! And one I am quite perturbed at!!  :noo:

Right now the skunks are out in full force here.  Sunday, we were headed to church and we were talking about how bad they smelled.  As we pulled up in the middle of town, we got yet another whiff of skunk.  I stepped out and said (loudly) "Man, it stinks out here...wait...that's someone smoking weed!"  I then looked over at the car next to us, I realized someone was sitting in there smoking a joint.  I was embarrassed...lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 20, 2024, 03:05:39 PMJenn, is your hubby liking his new job?

haha no not really. he feels like he's already gotten the store to a better place.
I think he feels stuck and he's just restless cus he wants his own store.

And Mini - ewwww. But often you can tell the difference. I usually can. lol key word usually.
i know the guy next door smokes, i've smelled it late at night before. but for it to invade my house is new. so idk.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Honest confession- I've never understood how someone doesn't differentiate between weed and skunk. To me, there's a big difference. And weird confession- I LIKE the smell of a skunk,. Hate the smell of weed.
This morning, I had the torture of being around approximately 200 people. Unwashed hindquarters and weed seemed to be their choice of cologne. I was VERY glad to get out of that place...

Nelle

Our neighbor smokes it on the nicer evenings. I'm thankful she hasn't found any of these evenings nice lately. It drifts RIGHT over into our bedroom window (which is closed) and fills our house shortly thereafter. We still aren't sure if my sickness in Colorado was solely altitude-based or also somethin to do with the weed in my SIL's house. They shut off their growing operation while we were there bc I was so ill that first day, haha. I still think it was mostly the altitude since we are so low here in Southern IL and they were situated near Pike's Peak's base.

Ate lunch. I also ate three donuts. Tell no one. LOL. I'm regretting the sugar intake, but they tasted SOOO OOOOOOOO good. Hopefully I can make penance the remainder of the week. I didn't even have strawberries with my lunch as part of a small token of atonement for such greed.

I did break a small barrier for myself over the weekend. I hadn't had any tea at all for like 2-3 weeks now. I drank a small bottle of Gold Peak on Saturday and i was so nervous I would have a hard time going back to water if I tasted tea, but I didn't. I'm still enjoying my water. I'm even purchasing some new flavor packs to try. I've only not liked the starburst all pink (too sweet) and the Propel black cherry (saltiness). I only buy the zero sugar options, and I try to steer clear of Red 40 ingredient so the husband can also use them.

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I just had a maaaaaaahvelous day!

My tax return dropped last Wednesday. I promptly bought new tires, a used gaming laptop with a VERY sweet video card, a ThinkPhone, a video adapter to use the ThinkPhone's desktop mode with an old screen, a fan cooling pad for the laptop... and a little three dollar blade sharpener, the partridge in the pear tree.

A lot of stuff came in the mail today. I've been covering the whole kitchen with boxes, cables, adapters and etc. to make sure everything works the way I want, then setting up my computer table in the corner of the living room.

Right now one laptop is running Fallout 4 on ultra graphics settings with no lag at all, while the phone is acting like a desktop computer on the bigscreen monitor. The phone itself is pretending to be a trackpad so I can move a mouse pointer around.

Story time in the next post.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

So Wednesday I placed a lot of orders online. Thursday I went to w*rk and told a cow*rker "Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I had the day off, so I found the love of my life online! I decided what I wanted, then I used a few filters to screen out what I didn't want..."

She interrupted me: "What kind of cheese is it?"

>.>

I tried again with somebody else. She also interrupted me: "It's cheese?"

>.<

I tried again with a third person. She also interrupted me with: "Was it chocolate?"

Grrrrr...

I tried with a fourth person. She also interrupted with: "A computer, right?"

I mean... Well... She DID guess right. But really, FOUR WOMEN IN A ROW had to interrupt me? I w*rk with some doggone cynical people.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

This new computer is actually not the love of my life. (The port du salut wheel comes closer to that.) I think this might be the last gaming computer I will ever buy. Grandma can't last much longer, and then I won't have loads of time to kill here in the corner of the living room.

But it really was a pretty sweet deal. GTX 1070 graphics card, 8 gig video ram, for $450... in a LAPTOP! Even used, that usually costs way, way more.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Sounds like you work with people who know you. :biglaugh:
Morning all. Apparently there is an AT&T outage nationwide. I have FirstNet, a special system for first responders (Police and what not) that switches automatically to other modes and works even when AT&T can't most of the time, so I've not been impacted.
Taught last night. Crowd was down, we had several out sick, including my Chey girl. I've got to try to get her a doctor appointment.

MsJennJenn

Yep. No service here for hubbs and I either. I wouldn't of probably noticed except hubbs came home from work (his store is around the corner like literally lol) and told me cus he tried to call me. Wanted to make sure everything was okay.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

I have cell service but apparently some in my city don't because the city mentioned it on their Facebook page

Roscoe

Welp, it's official- Chey has the flu. Unfortunately, the doctor said that all she could do is let it run its course and treat the symptoms as we have been. She should be good by Monday...
Now I'm hoping the rest of us don't get it.  :sadbounce:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 22, 2024, 01:08:54 PMMorning all. Apparently there is an AT&T outage nationwide. I have FirstNet, a special system for first responders (Police and what not) that switches automatically to other modes and works even when AT&T can't most of the time, so I've not been impacted.
Yeah, about that...

I have Mint Mobile (T-Mobile mvno, one of the little guys that buys bandwidth from the big guys and sells it to you) and I had service all day. Apparently almost everybody at w*rk has AT&T because they were all complaining.

Every service will go down now and then - like, EVERY service. It's unavoidable. Not just practically unavoidable, it literally cannot be avoided.

I like to use one service as my daily driver and get the lowest cheap yearly plan on another service for a backup. Like, Mint Mobile (T-Mobile) for my main service and a cheap Boost Mobile (AT&T) yearly plan for a hundred bucks. The backup is only one gigabyte a month, but I only need it if my main provider goes down.

Put the backup plan in an old phone I never use anymore and only turn that phone on if my main phone doesn't have service for some reason. And for $100 a YEAR, it's worth it to still be able to connect.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. Friday, Thank de Lawd.  The scale is mean. Lack of coffee is mean. And I'm a grump.

MsJennJenn

Yes thank the LORD it's Friday finally. My tummy isn't too happy this morning.
I'm eating some toast. Hopefully it will calm. We have to be on camera for our training classes. So like every day. Ugh. lol that's the only bad part about virtual. But at least I get to be at home. Thank the LORRDTTT!  :sing:
-Alexander Den Heijer-