News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Poor Frosty. LOL.
Morning all. It's cold. I'm not a fan. My next-door coworker is in full steam. Loud. I'm not a fan of that either.  I need to repent for my thoughts towards both situations. I'd ban winter forever....and lord, I don't know that there's a way to silence the coworker. It'd be worse if she wasn't a sweet person. Or perhaps easier to imagine how to shut her up,but she is truly kind. Just louder than a steam locomotive in full shriek. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Holiday mayhem at Walmart starts next week

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not looking forward to the time change. Also, it's been colder than my body appreciates.
Gotta start planning ahead for Thanksgiving, all the kiddos are supposed to be here.

The Purple Fuzzy

I was surprised that there were quite a few garage/yard sales today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

We're BACK!!!!!

Yes, apparently you were the only one that could, Fuzzy. :teeth:
Been a long day. Going to Oklahoma for a wedding tomorrow...then church Sunday. Hoping for pretty weather Monday for final paint work on Sam. I'm beginning to think I'll never have him done.  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Been a day here. Was going to go home for lunch and get my Amazon package inside. When I got to my car I discovered I had a flat tire. Drove around the building and put my car into Tire and Lube for repair instead of going home. From what the guys in tire and lube told me, I ended up with a bolt in the tire. Had to get a new tire.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 04, 2023, 02:00:24 AMWe're BACK!!!!!

Yes, apparently you were the only one that could, Fuzzy. :teeth:
Been a long day. Going to Oklahoma for a wedding tomorrow...then church Sunday. Hoping for pretty weather Monday for final paint work on Sam. I'm beginning to think I'll never have him done.  :pound:
It's not the destination, it's the journey. Or so I've been told.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Tia, that stinks. Been there though- with a tire that had less than 2k miles on it.
Just got back in about an hour ago. Went over and enjoyed meeting Mini and his bride for a ride the rest of the way to Tulsa. Went to a friend's wedding- then we skedaddled to the nearest Olive Garden, followed by a trip by 7brew. Enjoyed company and Godly advise/discussion.  Tomorrow- church. Then Monday. Then work for two days and I'm off for five. :clap:

MsJennJenn

I wasnt able to get on either!! But so glad it's back.  :clap:

Spent Saturday doing much of nothing.
Sunday I did house projects. Started painting my kitchen. I was up till 2am.... 745 alarm was NOT welcome.  :'(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Ran most of today...got the paint on Sam done, definitely not professional but it'll have to work. Now to put him back together. Paid property taxes which were obscene. Titled and licensed the Model A finally.
Had a good service last night. A friend we've tried to get to come to church for 5 years came for the first-time last night. She ran to the altar. God touched her greatly and she told us she would be back, she had never felt like that before. Then today on fb she tagged me in a post stating God had really used me and touched her in ways I couldn't imagine. Made me cry.
Now- to get through the next two days....

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been beautiful out for the last few days. Love this weather,

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning, once more is being unkind. I wanted to sleep in....
Today and tomorrow. I can do this.  :biglaugh:

MsJennJenn

I echo Bobby's morning sentiments.  :mad:

Weather is okay here too. Was like 88 yesterday though haha.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

I think we need to ban work.  lol

I really want to be home doing nothing today.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Yes lets ban work. I don't wanna do it either.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Yellow! Er, Hi.
Plugging through the day. Closer and closer to quitting time...and tomorrow is MY day... Going to enjoy being off.

Nelle

@Work.

Technically I have the day off tomorrow for the holiday, but I'll be at work anyway. Too much work stacking up and this will help me feel better mentally going forward if I can get some off my plate.

Jeremy's leaving tomorrow morning early for a Wisconsin dog event. My current plan is to work from home on Saturday. I was goin to work from home tomorrow as well, but I wasn't able to get enough prepared to use for both days. Hoping it'll be silent at work (with everyone else off) so I can focus anyway. I just want to make SURE I'm home on Saturday even if I'm working from there haha.

Sunday afternoon is our church "fall party" at someone's house. Hopefully it won't be raining or TOO cold. I love a good sweater at those events, so I don't mind it not being too warm.

Roscoe

Well. I was off. Got up early anyway to get the kids off to school. Went and had new tires put on the rear of the Corvette- that was an ordeal that tried my patience. Had to get Jesus to put His hand over my mouth....
Came home, rainy, cold....so I cooked. Now I'm sitting here relaxing...

The Purple Fuzzy

We've got a nice rain going on and cooler temperatures.

Roscoe

Sunny and cool here. Ran errands, delivered first time visitor gift bag, took lou to lunch, visited Bro Wilsons grave to make sure it was tidy, and picked Chey up.
Now im an hour from home at her volleyball game.
Tomorrow- Senior pictures....

Lynx

I'm still here, just vacating at the moment. Catching up on online stuff because I got bored. Seems like I do that a lot, getting bored when there are about three days of vacation remaining.

When I left last Saturday, I left most of a big ole bowl of homemade pimento cheese...

Well... back up. I recently found out Walmart carries 4-pound blocks of sharp cheddar for $14 a piece.  :freaky2: So I made up my mind that homemade pimento was going to factor heavily in my diet while on vacation. I used one of those 4-pound cheddar blocks, a block of velveeta and a block of white velveeta. Also used a lot of mayo... Ran out of mayo, so I added a little buffalo mayo for a kick... Need more mayo, um, uh... Say, here's some horseradish sauce!

I filled up a cool whip bowl and quart yogurt container with pimento cheese, with multigrain crackers and rye bread to use it on. I left the rest of it at home for dad while he's staying with Grandma in my absence. I am now firmly convinced that all homemade pimento cheese should include horseradish. It was the best thing I brought with me. Dad liked it too.

Well... except if you make homemade pimento cheese for a church dinner or something. Some folks are allergic to unexpected things on the dinner table. Gotta do the same old boring thing every time or they come unglued - don't use cream cheese or pureed bell pepper in the deviled eggs, don't sweeten the tea with honey, for heaven's sake don't try anything new. But I wouldn't take this stuff to a church dinner.
"Do you sing at church?"