News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I bet you were the most comfortable person in the courtroom though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Y'all, I enjoy music, but I have never liked musicals. Annie was tolerable, and I kinda like Mary Poppins, but I despise Sound of Music and Phantom Of the Opera...

That being said... I was very against watching anything remotely like a musical. All my people on FB, and some of my closest local friends were raving about The Greatest Showman, and I knew I was not going to like it. I KNEW IT.

But I LOVE IT.

I have watched it three times now, listened to the songs over and over via YouTube, looked up Memes, and literally have been thinking about and singing the songs for almost a week now. I can't believe how much I love this movie.

if you have not seen it, you must, even if critical. It's AWESOME.

ok. that is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on April 18, 2018, 04:24:56 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 18, 2018, 02:58:54 PMYou want some cheese with that whine?! haha
No 'cause it'd probably be moldy. :pound:
Today- is a repeat of Monday. Stepped out of the truck at work, dressed up because I have court-  and hear a RIIIIPP. Ripped my pants from stem to stern. I'm rocking Walmart's elastic waistband old men pants now, and I could care less. I make 'em look good.

:reaction:  Something's gotta give this week. I'm becoming very decidedly Seth-like.

Oh my. :o

Nelle

I cannot keep up with what the actual day is. Church was moved to tonight instead of last night this week. I HAVE been able to sleep in until 7am every day this week thanks to my husband's weird work schedule this week. So that's a bright spot. :)  It was beautiful yesterday again.. and I was stuck inside all day. Today? Cold and dreary. Still stuck inside tho. LOL. Hopefully it'll be nice on Saturday while I am helping do some visitation for childrens church.

mini

Totally off the subject...

[rant]

I realized today that I have not had a phone I was excited about in years.  This isn't a iPhone vs Android argument either, just hear me out.

About 10 years ago, I got my first smartphone.  A Blackberry.  I remember the day I got it, and that day I realizing that I could make it get not just my email, but various other apps that truly made it useful.  I let out a whoop when I made it work that day.

A couple years later, I got my first android phone.  A Galaxy S.  It had bugs, and I remember the process of trying to figure out how make it work in spite of the bugs.

Then a couple years later I got the Galaxy S3.  Now that phone was fun.  I put a custom android rom on it, I did this or that, and really made that phone work for me.  I even bricked it a few times and made it come back to life.

Then I got a Galaxy S5.  This was the beginning of the end.  The phone just worked.  All the stuff that I did for the S3 to make it work "my way" was available right off the shelf.  But the phones lost something.  There was no need to customize your phone any more...

When I got my current phone, it was a real struggle to figure out what I wanted.  It still works but is older and slower, but its not (nor has it ever been) exciting.

Im afraid that my android phones have become what iphone was years ago.  A phone that just works.  Nothing exciting, it just does what its supposed to do.  While that is enough for most people, wheres the adventure?

Sure they make a phone bigger, or better form wise, but the adventure has been lost.

*sigh*

[/rant]
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Bouzie rant is more like it. lol  :roll:

It's a form of communication. Not a toy! What sorts of "adventures" are you wanting exactly anyway? lol  :teeth:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Phones way outpaced me years ago.  Truthfully the Galaxy 7 I have is not one bit better for me than my old Galaxy S4 active. And after 2 years of my workphone being an iPhone, I can truthfully say I prefer the Android, and both of them are more capable that I'll ever need.

I went to more training today. During weapons retention I had a friend as a partner- and I was able to take his gun in 9 seconds. He's 25 years old, in shape, 6'3 and around 215lbs.  I'm old, fat, and not supposed to be able to do that in his mind. I showed him looks are deceiving.
Then it was his turn to be the bad guy. I knew I was going to lose my gun, but it wasn't going to be a walk in the park for the Jolly Green Giant.
He PICKED me up by my gun and arms, and strolled around the room with me. Without my base to push against, I eventually had to let go and let him have it, but he admitted that had the replica gun actually fit in my holster correctly he couldn't have got it. The whole class was cracking up about me basically being jewelry for him.  If I get in a fight though, I want that boy on my side. He carried my 250 lb butt around like I was a chewtoy for a pitbull...
And glory hallelujah, we finished early and I have the rest of the day off. Gonna go find some meat to smoke and clean up my yard, and maybe the shop.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 19, 2018, 04:55:54 PMBouzie rant is more like it. lol  :roll:

It's a form of communication. Not a toy! What sorts of "adventures" are you wanting exactly anyway? lol  :teeth:

I have no idea what a Bouzie rant is.

I guess what I am saying is a phone has turned back into a phone/camera for me.  Why should I have a smart phone if thats all I need?  But on the other hand....I sure am interested in a couple thats coming out this year....

Quote from: Roscoe on April 19, 2018, 05:30:49 PMGonna go smoke and clean up my yard, and maybe the shop.

I totally read it this way at first....LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on April 19, 2018, 06:20:50 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 19, 2018, 04:55:54 PMBouzie rant is more like it. lol  :roll:

I have no idea what a Bouzie rant is.

I guess what I am saying is a phone has turned back into a phone/camera for me.  Why should I have a smart phone if thats all I need?  But on the other hand....I sure am interested in a couple thats coming out this year....

Quote from: Roscoe on April 19, 2018, 05:30:49 PMGonna go smoke and clean up my yard, and maybe the shop.

I totally read it this way at first....LOL
:pound:
 Well, it's a good thing you ain't around. 'Cause I've already got one big goofy bird in the smoker. Don't think I'd have room for two of ya...
And I've already smoked some pork chops, and snuck in two 1/2 lb chunks of Petit Jean Bolgna too...nothing better than smoked bologna.
Working on Rusty.. He's developed an exhaust leak, ect. Fixing to go  to Cody's and have a new head put on, a new ignition switch, and anything else wrong fixed. Hopefully he can get it done before the car show.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: mini on April 19, 2018, 02:48:59 PMTotally off the subject...

[rant]

I realized today that I have not had a phone I was excited about in years.  This isn't a iPhone vs Android argument either, just hear me out.

About 10 years ago, I got my first smartphone.  A Blackberry.  I remember the day I got it, and that day I realizing that I could make it get not just my email, but various other apps that truly made it useful.  I let out a whoop when I made it work that day.

A couple years later, I got my first android phone.  A Galaxy S.  It had bugs, and I remember the process of trying to figure out how make it work in spite of the bugs.

Then a couple years later I got the Galaxy S3.  Now that phone was fun.  I put a custom android rom on it, I did this or that, and really made that phone work for me.  I even bricked it a few times and made it come back to life.

Then I got a Galaxy S5.  This was the beginning of the end.  The phone just worked.  All the stuff that I did for the S3 to make it work "my way" was available right off the shelf.  But the phones lost something.  There was no need to customize your phone any more...

When I got my current phone, it was a real struggle to figure out what I wanted.  It still works but is older and slower, but its not (nor has it ever been) exciting.

Im afraid that my android phones have become what iphone was years ago.  A phone that just works.  Nothing exciting, it just does what its supposed to do.  While that is enough for most people, wheres the adventure?

Sure they make a phone bigger, or better form wise, but the adventure has been lost.

*sigh*

[/rant]

Gotta agree with you. The whole industry has been lacking anything really NEW for years and years. The latest thing is an edgeless display, with zero bezel - big whoop! The last real improvement in functionality was USB OTG and it went largely unnoticed.

I think the problem is the companies aren't really sure what to invent. They could put so many new functions on standard phones, but they don't think enough people would go for any one function to make it worth their while developing it. So they just make the existing functions better. USB mini goes to USB C, Bluetooth jumps to the next version, 3G becomes 4G becomes 5G and nobody really needs 5G when 4G is fast enough to stream video... yawn. There's nothing really NEW!

As I have said before, I will consider smart phones to have truly arrived when I can use one to connect to an audio interface and record 32 channels of live audio in real-time. But I don't see that happening any time soon because no company will develop the processor, any hardware or wireless connection or any storage unit necessary for such. Why bother? The lowest common denominator customer would never pay for that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Never thought of my phone as a means of adventure...

What do you want? An app that is a portal to Narnia?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

I'd like an app where my grandkids could come visit whenever I want.

Lynx

He wants his smartphone to be interesting again. The WOW! factor wore off long ago and smartphones are currently just handy tools.

I wish they would remake the Motorola Atrix. Small form factor, and you could plug it into the back of a laptop shell and it would become the laptop.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

If we are wanting impossible apps- I want a banking app that never runs out of money for me...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 20, 2018, 12:59:41 PMIf we are wanting impossible apps- I want a banking app that never runs out of money for me...

I'm def. on board for this one. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 20, 2018, 02:23:58 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 20, 2018, 12:59:41 PMIf we are wanting impossible apps- I want a banking app that never runs out of money for me...

I'm def. on board for this one. lol

:stupid:

Quote from: Lynx on April 20, 2018, 11:54:41 AMHe wants his smartphone to be interesting again. The WOW! factor wore off long ago and smartphones are currently just handy tools.

Exactly.

I read a article where a journalist went to one of the most prestigious auto shows in the world, with his smartphone as his only camera.  The pictures were stunning.  It led to the reasonable assumption that smart phones have taken over our need for high end cameras.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on April 19, 2018, 06:20:50 PMI have no idea what a Bouzie rant is.

Bougie is the correct spelling haha. I always add a z instead. Something my sis and I do.
Bougie is urban slang. Means you're like uppity. Fancy. or aspiring to be as such.

Examples:
"What kind of chips are those?"
"Organic Parmesan Oregeno with Olive Oil, they're 4 dollars a bag"
"Man those are bougie chips"

"When my friend Miya wears a blazer or Lucy gets a massage I call them bougie cause we're unemployed college students."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 20, 2018, 03:50:36 PM
Quote from: mini on April 19, 2018, 06:20:50 PMI have no idea what a Bouzie rant is.

Bougie is the correct spelling haha. I always add a z instead. Something my sis and I do.
Bougie is urban slang. Means you're like uppity. Fancy. or aspiring to be as such.

Examples:

"When my friend Miya wears a blazer or Lucy gets a massage I call them bougie cause we're unemployed college students."

So all you iphone people are bougie people? 

:ugly:

Roscoe

Examples:

Mini- RUN!!!
I looked up Bougie.  First definition- Bougie; Noun; a thin, flexible surgical instrument for exploring or dilating a passage of the body.
You is gonna have a phone shoved up ya nose.  :laughhard:

Urban Dictionary has the hipster Jenn's definition. Which begs the question- how on earth did they take a word like that and assign THAT definition to it?   ???
LOL

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on April 20, 2018, 03:55:59 PM

Examples:

So all you iphone people are bougie people? 

:ugly:

:roll: From what I read the camera's on non-iPhones take the #1 spot. lol so you can't really call an iPhone bougie.

But yea Bobby I dunno how they got to it either. lol the actual definition def. doesn't match the urban one.
I did say it was "urban slang" though. lol I clarified.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Toddler + mommy's coffee + phone = disaster

Also...

Three sick kids + one tired mommy = one loooonnnngggg week

The good news: PRS can now be found in three locations. World domination up next.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Don't bother. Have you seen the shape the world is in lately? "The meek shall inherit the earth," but these days even the meek don't want it. It's a real fixer-upper...
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

That's why they need great salsa. It improves everyone's attitude - fast!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been quite a day. Hubby had to get stitches then my aunt ended up in same er that we had just left.