Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

:hypocrite:

Lynx

Wait and see all you wish. I will be over here on my perch, curled up taking a nap.

I don't know if I am apathetic or just indolent, but I sure do enjoy my life.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Hmmm.
The fun our late brother Newsman would have with this thread title....
Sure do miss him and his investigations.

I slept in today. Last night I put together a thought for church tomorrow- we will see if God lets me deliver it or does what He has done nearly every service recently and change things.
 I did get to drive Rusty a bit, and met up with a close friend who had me drive his gorgeous C6 Corvette. Someday- I shall own one of them too... lol.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on November 03, 2019, 09:28:33 PM:placeholder:
:pound:

Well. Church went decent. Stopped and bought groceries. The week begins in just another 11.5 hours. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And the week began. Made it through the first day..
Coffee was my friend. I got home and my beautiful wife had cooked Steak, fries, green beans....life is grand.

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been moving some of my chicken pens to another spot in the yard. I think it will work much better.

Lynx

My dog is unhappy and there's nothing I can do.

During the storm a week ago, a tree blew down and fell on his 280ft line. I can't remove the tree so the dog is tied to a small tree out front. Much less exciting than a line he can trot up and down and see all the neighborhood from.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Urgh. Coffee. I need a large infusion.  Went to bed early last night- like 830ish. Woke up at 230, then back to sleep until this morning. I'm really not a fan of this whole work thing, but the alternative is starving and homeless and I KNOW I'd like that less. Thus, here I be.

Nelle

@Work.

Once I start eating Cream Cheese & Chive crackers.. I can't stop. They are SOOO good. Jeremy bought some for snacks for work, and I swiped two little packages this morning (b/c they started off as only MY faves, not his anyway LOL). Yum. The rest of his box is in danger.

I've been thoroughly enjoying wearing sweaters this week without almost getting frostbite still. Saturday was COLD! I had two hoods pulled up over my head plus ear warmers, and of course a hoodie plus a coat (that's the 2 hoods). It was warm, but my hands had to stay in pockets! haha.

This daylight savings time is something I thoroughly enjoy for 90% of the day. My only complaint is that the sun sets so early, but.. I've been early/on time to work both days this week, and I'm not overly tired. The newness eventually wears off, but I'll enjoy it while I can. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

I wish it would stay on daylight savings time. I don't like it getting dark so early.

MsJennJenn

Me either. It was dark at 5:46 yesterday ugh the WORST.

Gloomy, cloudy and rainy here today. Isn't helping either.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Roscoe

:hi: Would appreciate prayers. Short story is we've been under attack...spiritual, mental, and now, Lou's job is eliminating her position it seems and she will have to take a $1.69/ hour pay cut. Lots and lots of stress. I know where it is coming from and why, and our only path is to double down on prayer and trust God.
 The devil is mad. Without going into details, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have been placed in a more prominent role in our church. I am touched, honored, and scared slap to death on where it appears to be leading.
I've mentioned the stress recently- as soon as I told God, "I'll do whatever as long as I am in Your will"
it intensified. Last week, every night was nightmares. Woke up feeling evil in the room one night. I got up and took control of it and kicked it out of the house in Jesus name, went back to bed.
I know that this is an attempt, along with the mental attacks, to cause me to back away. But I told God the other day, "I said I would do what You wanted. I'm NOT backing down. You have to put a stop to these attacks so I can." I am standing on His word...but if you could lift us up in prayer I would really appreciate it.

Nelle

@Work.

Finished church books last night so I'm good until the next bank statement hits in say.. a couple of days, haha.

Eating a bologna sandwich for lunch. Every now and then I crave these. They are literally my childhood, haha. My brother would make me one every single day of summer break. Loved it.

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

Wednesday is my day off.

Went to church to meet a few others and clean out the freezers and refrigerators that didn't have any power for half of last week.

I thought I was going to make bread today, but it's not rising. No idea why.

We were without power for eight days, so I have a lot of cooking to do to build up Grandma's little meals in the freezer again. The cost of food isn't a whole lot, but having to do all that cooking again is... annoying.

That is all.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

That's too bad, Isaac. 8 days is a long time to not have power. :(

Roscoe

Bah. At work on a dreary day. A fellow officer is out and I'm handling one of her offender's cases for her after he was stupid and did stupid things last night. I have stepped away from Facebook for a bit and realize now how addicted one can get to that place. Usually in my down time, I scroll through there. I've not today, since I deactivated my account, but I keep starting to do so before I remember that. Definitely a habit...

Lynx

Yup, everybody has certain sites they check reflexively.

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Bobby I don't have a FB. Haven't for a while.

And Sunday my pastor said "don't say you will do whatever He asks if you're not ready to face the attack that comes with it." Praying my friend.

Oh and I've had 2 dates since Saturday with a new guy friend.
*cough* :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 06, 2019, 10:19:26 PMBobby I don't have a FB. Haven't for a while.

And Sunday my pastor said "don't say you will do whatever He asks if you're not ready to face the attack that comes with it." Praying my friend. So true. Thanks!

Oh and I've had 2 dates since Saturday with a new guy friend.
*cough* :hypocrite:

Spill the beans! TWO dates in a week with the same dude?!?! You are practically engaged!!!

Quote from: sunlight on November 06, 2019, 10:29:38 PMRoscoe- praying for you.
Jenn- do tell more! Lol.
Thanks, Chel.

Lynx

Methinks the thread title is mayhap misdirected, as JenN be the lass a-courting.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

May be some truth in that. Of course, it could be a coincidence , and perhaps I should use Almighty Mod Powers and change the title to : "Lynx and Jenn have both gone a'courting (separately) in sharing 5 hundred and 14."  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

Morning all. It is rainy. As in we got over 5 inches of rain last night, and it has shut down my system. And I have to go do home visits today- in the rain. This mess needs to go.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 07, 2019, 02:21:28 PMOf course, it could be a coincidence , and perhaps I should use Almighty Mod Powers and change the title to : "Lynx and Jenn have both gone a'courting (separately) in sharing 5 hundred and 14."  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

That is a strange coincidence...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller