News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on July 16, 2019, 03:28:01 PMI would say I would love to come meet yall, but between work and moving, I doubt I'll have time to sleep much less wander to Rogersville. Enjoy that area. It's pretty.
We would have loved to meet ya. But I understand. I hope Chey enjoys it- It's awful far for a weekend, but it is what she wants.

Also- Prayers please, for a coworker's daughter. She just turned 15- after church on Sunday she complained of feeling ill. They took her to the e.r. and while in the waiting room she passed out and her heart stopped. They suspect a bacterial infection of the heart, and she is now on life support and dialysis, and at this point the prognosis is bad. The coworker and I have not always seen eye to eye, but he is a good father and devoted, and apparently, understandably, this has gutted him. Please pray for Gracie..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Morning. Back at class, day 3. Just got a terrible text. My coworker's  daughter  passed away this morning.  Last night all I could do was hold Chey and cry thinking about what he is going through. Today- I have no words.
Nothing  anyone can say will make things okay.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

MsJennJenn

That is rough. Tough trying to introduce people to Jesus when you can't explain situations like that either.
:sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 17, 2019, 05:25:08 PMThat is rough. Tough trying to introduce people to Jesus when you can't explain situations like that either.
:sadbounce:
True. So true. Especially when, even as a life long believer, you look at an incident like that and honestly get a bit angry at it all. I look at the people that I know who are hellbent, for lack of a better word, (and I hope that doesn't offend anyone) on destroying their life with drugs and the like.
 This sweet girl had it all going for her. Beautiful, a good student, a good family, a future so bright it hurt to look at it-and she went from vibrant and active to dead in three days.
 Just two weeks ago, she and her father took a Dad and Gracie road trip. They went to a formal dinner, to a theater and a concert, and just generally enjoyed each others company. Her Dad was so happy to tell about their plans before going and spoke of how much fun they had when he returned.
I am thankful that he had that time with her- and gutted that he lost his baby.
Guys, I have no words to say to him. No idea what to say or do. All I can do is pray for them.
That, and hold my little girl tighter, and treasure every moment. Because one never knows, no matter the age or health, how much time you have with those that mean everything to you.

Roscoe

The next to last day of the class, I am given the secret password for local food joints. I just obtained an amazing chicken sandwich... now I'm mad I didn't get to enjoy it the last two days.

Lynx

That sounds about right. In this area you can get a plate of amazing fried fish if you tell them "cook it like you cook it for (my uncle's name.") This password works anywhere within a 50 mile radius, because my uncle has been to all of them and is on familiar terms with all the cooks and waiters at each one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Completed the class. Came home a bit early and mowed the yard. Dear Lord it is HOT out there.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's WAY hot. They say it may cool off some next week. I hope so.

Roscoe

It's a couple degrees cooler today, but not so as one could tell. Lou got on to me for driving the Jeep, as it doesn't have air. I pointed out to her that while we currently have four licensed and drivable vehicles, only one- her Lincoln- has air. She has told me recently that I need to put air in Rusty, even if I have to sell some of her Walmart stock to do it. But that stuff has really gained in value this year, going from low $80s per share to around $115, and I really hate to kill the goose laying gold eggs, even if it would be a nice dinner. We don't have a lot of stock, but what we have is becoming a nice emergency fund, and no a/c really isn't an emergency in the context of a vehicle.
 So I'm working a bit, then coming in to the 73 degree house and cooling off, then working a bit more.

Lynx

If you installed air conditioning in a vehicle of that vintage, would it not compromise the antique integrity of such a vehicle?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 20, 2019, 05:53:14 PMIf you installed air conditioning in a vehicle of that vintage, would it not compromise the antique integrity of such a vehicle?
If the vehicle in question was a low production, bone stock, specialty car that scored high points on a show field, yes. But Rusty is majorly modified. He looks original, but is on an s10 frame, modern running gear, and his rear fenders are actually from the next bodystyle. A purist who only wants stock vehicles would clutch his chest and die over the way Rusty has been done.  People like me, though, love and appreciate him. As a result, there's pretty much nothing I can do that will mess him up, as long as I keep him looking somewhat stock outside.
 He'll get a/c someday.
Now Sam- I probably won't do that to him. He's gonna be bad close to stock. And in regards to that, I bought a new sander/polisher at Harbor Freight today. Lawd have mercy. Twenty minutes and that sucker shucked off ALL the old paint and rust from Sam's extra front fender I'm working on. A few minutes work and it'll be ready for primer and then paint. Little by little, I'll have the old guy looking right....

Lynx

You with your truck sound like me in the kitchen. Some purists would clutch their chests and faint in horror over the kitchen rules I break, but I make some pretty good things. They will never appear on a restaurant menu, but everybody who tries them says they are good.

So yeah I can understand customizing your truck for your comfort.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Yawn..

@Work waiting on the husband to get done delivering mail so we can go pick up his work car and bring it home, so I won't have to get up at 5:30 again tomorrow morning to carpool. Thankful the cost to get rid of its issues were only $15.32, but also a little annoying to have just had the car in the shop to prevent these types of things while we were on vacation, haha. Quick balance of the tires, a leak check, and a sensor cleared - and the Elantra is running smooth again I hope! :)

At least I have somewhere cool to wait (work).. and I don't mean cool as in fun. I mean cool as in not the devil's home, haha.

Roscoe

:hi:
Rained most of the day here. Extremely busy at work. I needed to go pick up some body filler at Walmart, but never made it that far. I wound up working an hour or so late and just came home to my recliner, where I'm cuddling with Daisy.

The Purple Fuzzy

Hopefully Daisy will make your day better.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. Daisy and hugs from Chey-girl did the trick.
And in other news, today is one of the rare days that I actually had to MAKE myself come to work. It is beautiful and 69 degrees here this morning. Absolutely perfect weather. Sadly, I have a gajillion  people scheduled to report in today, so I gotta be here..

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 23, 2019, 03:36:36 PMIt's my birthday. :girltongue:

A Happy Birthday to you, a Happy Birthday to you.. May you feel Jesus near every day of the year.. :)

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Happy birthday! It's almost roscoes and he is gonna be 50!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-