News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

So last Sunday night I was preaching because the pastor was out of town. The time I preached before that I had a tiny little bottle of water that didn't last very long.

This time I brought a gallon water jug onstage. Learn from your mistakes, right?

It was a good tension breaker though. Everybody chuckled every time I took a drink. I don't think I'll make it a thing to always use a gallon jug when preaching, but it was good to use once.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on March 26, 2019, 10:18:29 AMSo last Sunday night I was preaching because the pastor was out of town. The time I preached before that I had a tiny little bottle of water that didn't last very long.

This time I brought a gallon water jug onstage. Learn from your mistakes, right?

It was a good tension breaker though. Everybody chuckled every time I took a drink. I don't think I'll make it a thing to always use a gallon jug when preaching, but it was good to use once.

Was anyone worried about how long you would've been preaching? LOL..   Definitely better to have more than enough water than NOT enough. I've had to keep water with me all the time since we got since in February. I randomly get a cough/tickle and only water makes it settle down.

@Work.

Roscoe

Lord , if I brought a gallon of water onstage, they'd celebrate. They'd know that I'd be short winded because water runs right through me...LOL.

Morning all. Lou could use prayer today- her store manager has requested a meeting with her at 1 pm to talk about her evaluation. She was given it almost a month ago- the entire store's evaluations were poor and it was the worst she had received in 15 years of working there. She stated that she had done nothing different, and her coworkers agreed....it was a stink and everyone in the store was angry about them, it seems like no one got an evaluation good enough for a raise.. It's a new manager, and I feel like he is trying to make a name for him self and keep from giving raises, and the only way he could do it was with poor evaluations.
Since he's requested a meeting with her, she is stressed out and needs prayer that she will say the right things.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 26, 2019, 03:33:24 PMWas anyone worried about how long you would've been preaching? LOL..   Definitely better to have more than enough water than NOT enough. I've had to keep water with me all the time since we got since in February. I randomly get a cough/tickle and only water makes it settle down.

@Work.
I did mention right after hauling the gallon jug out that it might be a long service... And later, right after I took a swig, I remarked that there was still a lot of water left in the jug.

For all of that though, I was only there about half an hour or so.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful day with tons of pollen.

Roscoe

Been a long day. And it won't be completed for me until 7pm.... But on the bright side, I've gotten a ton of work done today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Man. Nobody speaks today..
Was another busy day. Had service tonight, was supposed to teach another installment on the holiness series I've been teaching. There was a different spirit in the house though. A lot of worship and reaching, but I couldn't get past a feeling that someone was struggling with their past.  I wound up not teaching, rather using two scriptures and exhorting/pleading.  A lot of prayer. I still feel like the one it was for didn't press all the way through.  All we can do is put what God gives out though...

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Deviled eggs: Egg, mayo, blue cheese, lemon juice, dill weed.

Made 40 of them for church last night. No leftovers. Not even a smear left. Which is kind of a shame... I thought they would taste too strong for normal people and I was kind of looking forward to leftovers. Oh well, I can make more.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I'm with those 2.. about Lou. I like deviled eggs but you lost me at blue cheese.

Eating a frosted strawberry poptart and sipping some Mtn Dew. I'm still drinking mostly water, but sometimes Mtn Dew is just.. what I crave a little of. LOL.

Possibly going to Arkansas tonight to see my parents and coming back home Saturday evening. Depends.. I want to go, I want to see my parents, but I don't like driving 3 hours by myself. Plus.. I really need to get some stuff down for the church AND my home, but.. again.. my parents.. LOL.

Roscoe

Her meeting really didn't go the best, but it could have been worse. Her store manager is without a doubt a jerk. He basically said her evaluation stood and accused them (the entire front staff) of not doing their job correctly. Every time she would ask for specifics and point out that they had not received training in this policy or that, he would say he'd look into it, then go back to accusing her and the coworkers.
Currently he is mad because the store is receiving bad reviews due to a remodel. The last time the store was remodeled, under a different manager, they had employees wearing special smocks actively walking around and providing guidance to customers. Their scores were good. This jerk has not put a single person on the floor to help customers, moved everything in the store, and blames the cashiers and customer service managers for the poor scores, all the while cutting the hours of the cashiers and Customer Service Managers to the point that they often have to run the entire store with 2 cashiers.

It's funny- for someone who according to him doesn't know store policy or do her job right, she has been the one they put working on Black Friday and any other high volume day for the last 15 years- every year. Seems to me like if she was what he claimed, they'd have a more competent person on those days.

It's not just Lou- he has done the same thing to at least two other longtime- 20 + year employees this week. I think he is wanting to run the old hands off - Lou has 15 years there. I told Lou to leave it in God's Hands and do the best she can. We are actively praying God moves him. In Lou's time of working there, every time someone has came against her, God has moved them out- fired, transferred, quit. He'll do it again.
Keep praying for her and the situation. It hurts to see her upset about this. She takes a HUGE amount of pride in her job and doing it well, and it has hurt her severely.
It's strange that she has gotten sterling reviews and evaluation the entire time she has been here, and suddenly is the worst employee ever. The only thing changed is the store manager.
The entire store is upset about it too.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 28, 2019, 04:02:32 PMIt's not just Lou- he has done the same thing to at least two other longtime- 20 + year employees this week. I think he is wanting to run the old hands off - Lou has 15 years there. I told Lou to leave it in God's Hands and do the best she can. We are actively praying God moves him. In Lou's time of working there, every time someone has came against her, God has moved them out- fired, transferred, quit. He'll do it again.
Keep praying for her and the situation. It hurts to see her upset about this. She takes a HUGE amount of pride in her job and doing it well, and it has hurt her severely.
It's strange that she has gotten sterling reviews and evaluation the entire time she has been here, and suddenly is the worst employee ever. The only thing changed is the store manager.
The entire store is upset about it too.

Retail is HARD. Hiring and keeping good management is even harder.

I've worked for CVS for 17.5 years. I've seen my fair share. But God WILL take care of Lou despite the poor management. He's done that for me countlessssssss times throughout my job history. I even had a manager at one point making me physically ill. To the point one day I said "okay God...it's me or her cus I can't keep doing this." The next week I came in and found out she would be gone within the week.

God will give Lou strength AND peace. Sending prayers!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Please convey my sympathy Bobby. When you have a good work ethic, it really stinks having a bad manager.

One of the worst parts is you know it would be so much easier if you did not care... You can see plainly how much easier it would be... But that would be directly contradictory to your work ethic, so you cannot not care.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on March 28, 2019, 07:42:56 PMPlease convey my sympathy Bobby. When you have a good work ethic, it really stinks having a bad manager.

One of the worst parts is you know it would be so much easier if you did not care... You can see plainly how much easier it would be... But that would be directly contradictory to your work ethic, so you cannot not care.
Amen! I've been there. It's hard.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on March 26, 2019, 03:47:48 PMLord , if I brought a gallon of water onstage, they'd celebrate. They'd know that I'd be short winded because water runs right through me...LOL.

Morning all. Lou could use prayer today- her store manager has requested a meeting with her at 1 pm to talk about her evaluation. She was given it almost a month ago- the entire store's evaluations were poor and it was the worst she had received in 15 years of working there. She stated that she had done nothing different, and her coworkers agreed....it was a stink and everyone in the store was angry about them, it seems like no one got an evaluation good enough for a raise.. It's a new manager, and I feel like he is trying to make a name for him self and keep from giving raises, and the only way he could do it was with poor evaluations.
Since he's requested a meeting with her, she is stressed out and needs prayer that she will say the right things.
How did it go?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on March 29, 2019, 09:31:43 AMHowdy taco.

Scroll up to post #162.
Thanks... My phone doesn't show every post for some reason. I need to upgrade to an Android.

Lynx

My uncle Fred tells everybody they need an iPhone... then he grins like a gremlin and says he owns an Android, but his retirement account has Apple stock, so he is in favor of everybody else buying an iPhone.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:

Been a long week. Went and got new tires put on Rusty tonight- I was a tightwad and bought the cheapest I could get at Walmart.com and had them delivered to the store and put on. As we were leaving the manager came out asked if the trailer tires were mine. I said no, I'd just bought the tires I had put on. He said okay, and I left. Found out later that they had put the wrong tires on Rusty, some more expensive ones, and the "trailer tires" he referred to were actually the cheaper tires I'd bought.... So tomorrow, I have to go back, tell them what they did , and offer to pay the difference. I sure don't want the shop crew to get into trouble, they are good people.

Lynx

Maybe God was telling you Rusty deserves better tires than the cheapest Wal-Mart has...

That's like me feeding my dog the cheapest dog food available. I have tried that before. He looked at the food and looked at me like "What have I done to deserve this?"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well, it cost me an additional $30- but integrity should have a higher price than that, IMHO. So I paid it. And Rusty had a dimmer switch going out- as in sometimes you dim your lights and had none. Problem was it was a new style on the column switch that was mega difficult to change and expensive. I channeled my inner MacGyver and found that Chevy trucks from the early 80s  had the old style "foot stomp" floor mounted dimmer switch- with the same plug that the column style had. So, what if? $12  and ten minutes work later, Rusty has his dimmer switch. AND it is in the floor where an old truck's dimmer switch should be. Kinda happy saving money, work and time.

Lynx

Saves money, work, time AND design ethic. :)
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't believe it's getting so cold again, I'm glad I didn't take the banana and lemon trees out of the greenhouse yet.