GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 18, 2016, 02:54:16 AMMy redbuds came back from the root that was left.
Quote from: Lynx on December 18, 2016, 04:18:52 AMEven the Bible says something about at the scent of water the root will grow back. There's hope yet for yon redbud.

It DID have several "suckers" sprouting from the base. I may pick out the strongest, straightest appearing one, trim the rest off, and hope for the best..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

We were hoping the battery in Tiny Car would last a little longer, alas she gave up the ghost this morning AFTER everyone else was gone so I didn't make it to church. It'll be Friday before we can get a replacement but we will just share the Subaru I guess.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 17, 2016, 11:18:53 PMLayers. Ick. I'll just huddle next to the fire, thank you. :lol:

I'm with Roscoe. Layers. Ick. I HATE winter. I hate layers. I hate having to bundle up. :noo:

Currently huddled with my space heater on my desk at work. Instead of on the floor.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Lord, it was cold this morning. Eleven degrees. It was warmer in Alaska than here. :pound: Not a fan, at all.  Made it through an incredibly busy day. Had to bite my tongue to keep from letting my inner smart alec come out in an email to the boss.  I had addressed an issue to my immediate supervisor Friday, we had determined the course of action she wanted me to take, and I had documented it. The main boss looked at one report she gets daily, and fired off an email listing all the things to do- things that, of course, had already been done. I really wanted to tell her to actually look at the items in question before firing off emails that make her look retarded. Thankfully, I didn't. And later I found out she'd done the same thing to at least two other coworkers. We've decided she's bipolar. Or bi-stupid, which is more likely. :lol:
And I have came home and have bread rising for 6 loaves, to be taken to work as Christmas presents tomorrow. Life is grand, even though it is too cold to enjoy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Hi.

I woke up yesterday and dressed for church and when I left it was a sunny 70º. By the end of the day, at 8pm, it was raining, windy, and 34º. Talk about a drop!

Today it was actually sleeting/lightly snowing in my drive thru window! I froze today...but surprisingly enough, I still have yet to turn my heater on this year. This apt stays at 70º or above without help. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

Currently I'm laying in the bed with a long sleeved shirt on under my gown and sweat pants and I'm quite warm with just the usual bedding.

Oh...and a snuggly cat.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Snuggly cats FTW! I fell asleep many a night with a cat purring on my stomach.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Not a cat person. I'll take my tiny, loving Chihuahuas.
Morning, all. Wonder what kind of fresh Hades awaits me today......it's cold as the  blue blazes out there. Thankful my job is not an outdoors job this time of year....

The Purple Fuzzy

It's warming up some here. It's already up to 37 and should get to mid 50s.

Heather

loving and chihuahua do not belong in the same sentence.

So not battery. Actually alternator. I'd prefer it to be the battery as it is $80 cheaper. Grrrr. However, I still love my car.

One of my classes for Spring has been dropped due to low enrollment. I was really looking forward to that class too. But I had signed up for 6 figuring it probably would. So only 5 classes for me.

Mel-Brandon and I were talking a Southern Mississippi visit either late February to early March or possibly early May. Do you have a preference?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Thank you Heather, that is exactly what I was thinking. Almost all the chihuahuas I've met were snarling, sulking, ill tempered beasts. Rather noticeable, as animals in general seem to recognize me as at least benign. I have met four or five chihuahuas that were friendly, but the vast majority were cranky.

Bro. Bobby I sent you a text message. Have you changed your number?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Our Chihuahuas are sweet. The newest one has an attitude when she is annoyed, but very loving until you push her button. And, no, brother, the number is the same, I just had one of those days that I didn't have time to eat, much les respond, and when I got home I forgot to.

Lynx

Maybe it's the owners. I have noticed with dogs in general, the more you spoil a dog rotten, the more rotten it becomes. Chihuahuas are small dogs and people are prone to spoil them. Also people who are prone to spoiling dogs and children (think little old ladies) are more likely to get a chihuahua than they would get a larger dog. Perhaps I have met so many cranky chihuahuas because they are more likely to be spoiled.

But I don't meet a lot of surly yorkies or feists or dachshunds. Only chihuahuas. Maybe they are the peaches of the dog family - sweet, but spoil quickly. ^.^
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on December 13, 2016, 12:42:31 AMHello. And Mel, I'm with you on the friends met online thing. The people I've met here have become some of my best friends, with a couple crossing the line into family, in my book.
And I don't understand why Cheese and some of the others don't take a minute or two every week or so. This is one of the few places in life I actually stay in touch with, and it's because it's my "safe place"....somewhere I can be me, be transparent, and know people won't judge but will pray for me. I assumed everyone needs such a place. But then again I could be just weird..

Oh you're definitely weird and I'm certain to judge. 

:hypocrite:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on December 22, 2016, 01:02:03 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 13, 2016, 12:42:31 AMHello. And Mel, I'm with you on the friends met online thing. The people I've met here have become some of my best friends, with a couple crossing the line into family, in my book.
And I don't understand why Cheese and some of the others don't take a minute or two every week or so. This is one of the few places in life I actually stay in touch with, and it's because it's my "safe place"....somewhere I can be me, be transparent, and know people won't judge but will pray for me. I assumed everyone needs such a place. But then again I could be just weird..

Oh you're definitely weird and I'm certain to judge. 

:hypocrite:
:pound: :pound:
Well, at least the comment dragged you out to post.

And Isaac, I believe you are right. Chihuahuas are easy to spoil....:lol:

Roscoe

sunlight

Our Christmas break plans of going to Virginia have to officially be postponed. Sometimes extra bills stink. Our trip got changed to a fast less than 2 day run to Missouri to pick up a couple kids that recently moved there from here to bring them to Texas for the break.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Indeed it has. BUT=I'm off until January 3. :bustamove: Life is grand- now- I've got tile to price and possibly purchase and lay, wallpaper border to put up, a Corvette that will be fixed, hopefully next Monday...just tons to do.

Lynx

Bobby I got tired just reading all that. Have fun over there.

In local news, dad will be in tomorrow with his girlfriend. We shall see how she deals with the madhouse that is our family dinner.  And I will see how Uncle Fred reacts to her. Uncle Fred is very useful because he has a way of just knowing about somebody. If he takes up well with somebody, that person is probably a good kind of person.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. First of all- Thank you Heather for the Christmas card...all of you know I'm pitiful about sending cards, and no, I didn't send a one this year... but We love each of ya and are thinking of you.
And in sharing, I've got half the border put up, priced the tile and the materials for the book shelf, and smoked a pork loin, managing to bake two loaves of bread in the mean time. And I've rearranged our bedroom and am about to start cleaning/preparing the radio room... It will be the next recipient of tile.

mini

I'm off 2 days.  I hate working at a place that can't close for holidays.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

It's really warm & humid... Like 70* already today. Crazy for the end of December, even for Texas. Last weekend it was in the 20s.

mini

mini