News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on July 07, 2020, 02:43:45 PM@Work.

Going to try to cook a boneless pork loin when I get home. I have asparagus to cook as well. And I'm also going to try a way to get me to eat cucumbers. I have Chive & Onion cream cheese and top that with Everything Bagel Seasoning on top of sliced cucumbers. Hopefully I can learn how to successfully slice a cucumber without butchering it. Here's hoping it's all edible!  (I've never been much of a cucumber fan, but I'm hoping this makes them edible for me.)
The only way to make a cucumber edilble is to pickle it. :lol:
And pork loin- my go to. You really need a smoker. Slice a pocket lengthwise in it, mix your favorite chunky salsa ( I use Peach Mango salsa, it pairs nicely with pork), cheddar cheese and a bit of brown sugar.. Pour that in the pocket, wrap the loin in bacon, season it with a bbq rub and brown sugar, and smoke it at 220 ish for about 3 hours or until internal temp is 170 ish. About once every thirty minutes, spray it with apple juice. Delicious and tender if you don't over cook it. I smoke with hickory, apple, or a blend of the two woods.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on July 07, 2020, 02:43:45 PM@Work.

Going to try to cook a boneless pork loin when I get home. I have asparagus to cook as well. And I'm also going to try a way to get me to eat cucumbers. I have Chive & Onion cream cheese and top that with Everything Bagel Seasoning on top of sliced cucumbers. Hopefully I can learn how to successfully slice a cucumber without butchering it. Here's hoping it's all edible!  (I've never been much of a cucumber fan, but I'm hoping this makes them edible for me.)
Fried cucumbers are good. Stewed cucumbers are also good, chopped up and mixed in the squash.

A few days ago I made some Mediterranean potato salad, with zucchini and cucumber mixed up in it, along with lemon juice, oil, salt and a bit of dill weed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Sharing- I am happy. God has blessed us again. Several years ago, we made the mistake of buying a living room suite that was beautiful- but was bonded leather. Over the last year or two, it has progressively gotten worse, with the top grain coming off. It looked like the furniture had mange. :mad: It had to go!
Lou and I recently looked at a living room suite- couch, loveseat and recliner, all a nice chocolate brown cloth- and was able to get the price down to $1100. Cheap and decent, but not cheap enough for the budget now. I told Lou we should hold off a bit and see if we get another stimulus before we drain savings. Started to go back and get it anyway, but the budget really couldn't swing it. :mad:
Yesterday, my coworker mentioned her parents had recently purchased a living room suite, but after getting it, decided they would rather buy real leather, not cloth. They offered to sell it to me cheap. Keep in mind, none smoking, no pets, and less than a year old furniture.... I inquired of the price. Couch, loveseat and recliner, all a nice chocolate brown cloth for $500. I just bought the EXACT furniture Lou picked out- at less than half the good deal price. It literally had the little tags from the furniture store showing the care of it still on the back of the furniture. God is SO good!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Did you warn them about that leather they were wanting to get? They might catch mange from it... :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on July 07, 2020, 12:08:19 AMI just spent $300 on phone service. No, it's not 700 gigabytes a month at 40Mbps. It's the $50 a month plan, but it's only $25 a month if you pay for a whole year up-front.

Still... it feels weird to pay that much for a phone plan. But I won't pay anything else until about this time next year.
What carrier?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 08, 2020, 10:19:06 AMDid you warn them about that leather they were wanting to get? They might catch mange from it... :p
I suspect their  budget is a bit higher than mine, judging from the large pool and immaculate house of around 3k square feet. Therefore, it is likely their cowhide will be close to still moo-ing, not the bargain basement scraps put together with glue that MR Cheapskate here bought. :laughhard:

Morning all. Back at work. Hoping 1) Today goes by quickly and uneventfully and 2) Bro Clayton does the Sunday/ bible school lesson so I don't have to. LOL.

Nelle

@Work.

The cucumbers were made edible w/ the cream cheese chive & onion and the Everything Bagel seasoning.

Honestly, the ONLY way I LOVE cucumbers.. is when my dad makes his sweet & sour pickles. I LOVE them.

On the pork loin - I was trying to avoid having to smoke it because that's the husband's deal. I was trying to cook it in the slow cooker/oven. I still haven't found a good crockpot recipe, but I'm going to have to get something together tonight so that I can cook it Thursday at work. The plan was to do that last night, but it was just too busy to prep. I also need to cook that asparagus before it finishes going bad. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on July 08, 2020, 02:16:51 PM@Work.

The cucumbers were made edible w/ the cream cheese chive & onion and the Everything Bagel seasoning.

Honestly, the ONLY way I LOVE cucumbers.. is when my dad makes his sweet & sour pickles. I LOVE them.

On the pork loin - I was trying to avoid having to smoke it because that's the husband's deal. I was trying to cook it in the slow cooker/oven. I still haven't found a good crockpot recipe, but I'm going to have to get something together tonight so that I can cook it Thursday at work. The plan was to do that last night, but it was just too busy to prep. I also need to cook that asparagus before it finishes going bad. :)
I have actually simply baked the pork loin in the oven, after seasoning, at around 225, and sprayed it with apple juice as in the smoker to keep it moist. It comes out ok- I prefer the smoked flavor of the smoker- but you have to watch not to over cook it. If you go much over 170,175 internal temp, you'll have a flavorful equivalent of boot leather, in my experience. :lol:
With  pork loin, in my opinion, a stuffing of some sort is nearly mandatory, to give it flavor. Another of my favorites is to finely dice cooking apples, mix with brown sugar and diced onions, and stuff it in the "pocket" you cut in the loin. With Pork, apple and citrus, apple especially, pairs really well and adds a bit of flavor that it needs. And I've done that in the oven lots of times before I got a smoker.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on July 08, 2020, 02:16:51 PMOn the pork loin - I was trying to avoid having to smoke it because that's the husband's deal. I was trying to cook it in the slow cooker/oven. I still haven't found a good crockpot recipe, but I'm going to have to get something together tonight so that I can cook it Thursday at work. The plan was to do that last night, but it was just too busy to prep. I also need to cook that asparagus before it finishes going bad. :)
The beauty of a crock pot is, the recipe is whatever you want to go in it. Toss in anything you think will fit with what is already in the pot.

You don't need a recipe. Just a spice rack. :teeth:

Quote from: sunlight on July 08, 2020, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Lynx on July 07, 2020, 12:08:19 AMI just spent $300 on phone service. No, it's not 700 gigabytes a month at 40Mbps. It's the $50 a month plan, but it's only $25 a month if you pay for a whole year up-front.

Still... it feels weird to pay that much for a phone plan. But I won't pay anything else until about this time next year.
What carrier?
AT&T Prepaid. But you can't get it on an existing number, and you can't get it at the local store. It has to be a new SIM card ordered online.

That's what made me stall for a bit. I have to get all my friends to change their contacts list for "Isaac." But it's just too, too good a deal to pass up.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: At work. Slogging through the day. Have half a day, aka an eternity to go. Went over last night and worked with Cody on Sam the '52 a bit. We are edging ever closer to the first stroll down the road with his new highway geared rear end and assorted new parts. I'll have to hold up on much more for a bit and let the pocketbook recover. The low budget swap that I didn't think would cost more than $300-$400 is sitting closer to $1000 and that pretty much drains the Man Toy Fun Fund...lol.

Nelle

The Purple Fuzzy

My kiddos just left. Gonna try to hit some yard sales.

Backseat Radio

Its been a long day.  One of my coworkers called off so I was by myself from 4 pm till almost 9 pm.

Lynx

Been there.

"Dude didn't come in today so we need you to do two people's jobs."

"Do I get two people's pay?"

"What? Two people's pay? That's crazy! Cut out that nonsense and get to work."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Hot as the devil's house here. I went to town, paid more ransom for Sam's parts, took back the lawn mower blades that were wrong, came home and mowed the grass after picking up limbs, all in 100 degree weather with no a/c. now I'm heading to Walmart to pick up my online grocery order

The Purple Fuzzy

GrumpyBear

Howdy Y'all! This is Roscoe's daughter, Chey. This account use to be mom's but I have stolen it for my own, because for some reason it will not let me create a new one, plus she never uses it so, I'm sure she'll be fine! :biglaugh:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

Backseat Radio

Looks like I'll be going to the 2nd service tomorrow.  One of the ladies from my church came in today and needs help with her phone.  I'm not permitted to work on phones when I'm on the clock so I told her if she had trouble setting up her new phone to hit me up at church tomorrow and I'd help her.

Quote from: GrumpyBear on July 12, 2020, 03:44:43 AMHowdy Y'all! This is Roscoe's daughter, Chey. This account use to be mom's but I have stolen it for my own, because for some reason it will not let me create a new one, plus she never uses it so, I'm sure she'll be fine! :biglaugh:

:hi:

Roscoe

Well. No more venting about the daughter. :pound: I've been invaded!!
But there is much truth in her signature line. Hi, BSR.

After my last post, I came back with the groceries, put them away- and have done nothing else productive. I don't even have to preach tomorrow, Bro Wilson is gonna. :lol:

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Roscoe on July 12, 2020, 04:04:54 AMWell. No more venting about the daughter. :pound: I've been invaded!!
But there is much truth in her signature line. Hi, BSR.

After my last post, I came back with the groceries, put them away- and have done nothing else productive. I don't even have to preach tomorrow, Bro Wilson is gonna. :lol:
Oh, please do continue to vent about me, I`m sure I`ll have fun defending myself and venting about you too :lol:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3

Lynx

Bobby and daughter venting about each other... That's a win-win for the spectators.

*Lynx goes off to grab some popcorn and settles down to watch the show.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: GrumpyBear on July 12, 2020, 03:44:43 AMHowdy Y'all! This is Roscoe's daughter, Chey. This account use to be mom's but I have stolen it for my own, because for some reason it will not let me create a new one, plus she never uses it so, I'm sure she'll be fine! :biglaugh:

:hi: Howdy, Chey! Welcome. :)

Roscoe

:pound: Isaac.
 Morning, y'all. Dragging a tad. Anything requiring much effort is out today. Plain and simple- I'm lazy. :lol:

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Roscoe on July 12, 2020, 05:26:50 PM:pound: Isaac.
 Morning, y'all. Dragging a tad. Anything requiring much effort is out today. Plain and simple- I'm lazy. :lol:
I believe I'm going to drag you up to town in a bit..sorry :P
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3

Roscoe

Well. Went to church. Stopped at McDonald's and ate with the Longs ( Chey's HNMBD's family). Dreading tomorrow like I used to dread a whipping when Mama went for a switch....