News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: morning Thankful it is my Friday. I just had a vacation two weeks ago and it feels like I haven't had one in ten years. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work. It's my Friday as well!! Yaaay!!

Grocery shopping tonight for my neighbor/church lady, as well as for our home of course. :)

Hoping to make myself do some housework over the weekend. Some of his family are getting together for food/fireworks/swimming pool on Saturday, but neither of us really want to get out of the house, so I'm curious to what will win for the day. If it was just a couple of hours, I'd be fine.. but I don't want to be there all day, haha. I'm such a hermit.

mini

Well, today is my Saturday...and so is the next couple of weeks.  *sigh*

Had a couple of positive tests in my house, a couple of negatives, and now we are all stuck at home.  The sad part is all the stuff I need to do I cant do...this is gonna be a wild couple of weeks.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on July 02, 2020, 04:56:27 PMWell, today is my Saturday...and so is the next couple of weeks.  *sigh*

Had a couple of positive tests in my house, a couple of negatives, and now we are all stuck at home.  The sad part is all the stuff I need to do I cant do...this is gonna be a wild couple of weeks.

I spent my brief lock down period mowing the yard and cleaning up the shop, ect. And tinkering with old cars. But mine was just a few days, until I got the all clear.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:
Went and picked up the hog this morning. Now I have a freezer full of pork too. IT's overcast and I feel "Bleh". Lou wants to go to the Wilson's for a fish fry tonight. I just wanna curl up away from everyone. People stress me. :pound: I may be a wuss and plead that I don't feel great and let her go.

The Purple Fuzzy

All our company is gone for the moment. Resting.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 04, 2020, 04:56:21 PM:hi:
Went and picked up the hog this morning. Now I have a freezer full of pork too. IT's overcast and I feel "Bleh". Lou wants to go to the Wilson's for a fish fry tonight. I just wanna curl up away from everyone. People stress me. :pound: I may be a wuss and plead that I don't feel great and let her go.
And miss a fish fry?!

Any good ole suthern boy who would pass up a fish fry, for ANY reason, had better turn in his Bubba Club card. That just ain't right, suthern folk wanting to NOT go to a fish fry.

But if you're really not wanting to go... any chance I could stand in for ya? :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Freedom makes my dog's ears hurt.

When they started popping off last night I went out to find my dog and he was huddled up against the house. I took his collar off and let him go, and he promptly went where I knew he would go - under uncle Fred's storage shed, where he feels safest.

I understand the thrill of fireworks, and I know they don't fire them to scare my dog... they may not even know I HAVE a dog... but part of me gets upset anyway because I don't like it when my dog is scared. Especially when it keeps going on for hours.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

In local news, it was mentioned today at church that nobody has said anything about missing Sunday night service.

Before covid, we would have Sunday School at 9:30am, morning service at 10:30am, evening service at 6pm and Wednesday night service at 7pm.

I get the strong impression we may not ever go back to Sunday night service, and it disturbs me.

Sunday morning is when we have the most visitors. Wednesday night Bible study is when we learn something. Sunday night was when the saints got down to business praying. There was a lot of junk that got cleaned out of saints' lives on Sunday nights.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

We went to the one service on Sunday format several years ago. I too worried about that. But to be honest, I don't think the church suffered for it. For a long while, we did Sunday school, then took a 15 minute break, then Sunday service. It was ok, but some of the elders felt it was a bit long for them. We now do Sunday School/bible study on Wednesday night, and have church on Sunday service, which is 5 pm. It works well for us. I do this- if it is a Bible study type thing that I feel the church needs, I'll override the Sunday school teacher and teach it. (Wednesday night was always bible study night) Otherwise, he teaches Sunday School. Then Sunday night is church and preaching.
 It might not work for everyone, but it does for us. It might also get changed too, in the future, if the bus ministry I am attempting to get outlined to begin after the Covid 19 junk is gone takes off.
In some ways I miss the two services on Sunday- the morning service, then everyone gathering for  dinner, then returning for service. But it had gotten to the point that Sunday nights were not well attended due to the distance some of our people were driving. Didn't make sense to cool the building and pay the expenses if over half the church wasn't showing up.
We were still doing prayer meeting, that kinda thing, and I was plotting for a revival when this Covid 19 hit. It has severely cramped my style. :pound:
Fact of the matter is- any schedule you have for church will cause some to rejoice, some to complain, and some to miss. I mentioned in passing changing our service time from 5 pm to a morning service at 10 am. Oh Lord, the outcry. Little Susie had to work and couldn't make it. Little Johnny had to do this or that Sunday morning.

And when we decided not to change it- Oh lord, Sis Joy (not real name) couldn't see to drive home in the evening- never mind the fact that 9 months out of 12 it is still daylight when we get out. Sis Peace had ongoing commitments in the evening. And Bro Happiness had to work at 3 am and would prefer to sleep earlier.
 Used to- people built their lives around God and church. Sadly, nowadays, people want to build church and God around their lives. Ain't gonna work- way I read my Book, that's not putting God where He demands to be.

Lynx

Last night I set my dog free so he could hide under uncle Fred's storage building while the fireworks were going off.

Today I could not get him out from under it. Not because he was still terrified, but because he is not the slightest bit hungry.

"Food!" always works to get him out, no matter what. But this time I said "Food!" and he didn't even twitch.

I got a pack of smoked sausages and tossed him one. He sniffed at it and looked at me like, "Eh, I've seen better."

He's not hungry, he knows I will put him back on his run and he ain't going nowhere.

My mistake was getting the only dog in the animal shelter who looked like he had a brain in his head. It is clear that I should have gotten a dumb dog. Australian Shepherds are just too smart for my own good.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Ready to go home. Attempted to mow the yard before yesterday's monsoon, and bent a lawnmower blade. No prob, I'll run and get one at Walmart. Oh no. Walmart decided they would stop selling parts like that , which they have sold for 40 years. Now I gotta order one and wait for it to come in. :pound:

mini

Talking about dogs and fireworks...

We were sitting on our front lawn just past dusk on the 4th, waiting for the local fireworks show to start.  It was really a murky dark, with some visible traces of light filtering down from the setting sun.  All around us fireworks were going off.

Suddenly a dog came tearing down the road.  I guess he got spooked too.  He was a black shadowy streak flying down the road at full speed.  As we heard him approach I had long enough to say "Do you hear that..." and he was past us and gone.

Ive never seen a dog move so fast in my life.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

This morning the dog was delighted to see me, and positively EAGER to get that collar back around his neck. He knows he gets fed right after I put the collar back on him. Pickings must have been slim.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@work.

That's all I really have to offer yet.. lol

Roscoe

@ Mini. :laughhard:

And in sharing-Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel is AMAZING.

The Purple Fuzzy

I have nothing much interesting here except I made a couple chocolate pies,

Lynx

I just spent $300 on phone service. No, it's not 700 gigabytes a month at 40Mbps. It's the $50 a month plan, but it's only $25 a month if you pay for a whole year up-front.

Still... it feels weird to pay that much for a phone plan. But I won't pay anything else until about this time next year.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

:hi:

Just realized I haven't posted anything for over a year.  :couch:  I've been working a lot since this pandemic started. Came home tonight to find a golden potty on my doorstep courtesy of a teen fundraiser at my church

Lynx

Howdy BSR. We have noticed your absence, even if you have not.

A golden potty? I'd love to hear the story behind that one.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on July 07, 2020, 10:27:13 AMHowdy BSR. We have noticed your absence, even if you have not.

A golden potty? I'd love to hear the story behind that one.

Its a fundraiser idea the youth group at my church came up with called the Golden Potty Award  They spray painted a potty gold and put it in church members yard for a maximum of 3 days.  The church member can keep it those 3 days or they can...

Flush the potty:  pay $10 to have it removed early

Plunge the potty:  pay $10 to designate the next recipient of the golden potty

Clean the potty:  pay $20 for seasonal insurance to insure the potty never shows up in their yard

If you don't have the seasonal insurance the potty can show up in your yard more than once.  When they did the fundraiser a few years ago it showed up in Pastor's yard 4 different times.  Based on recent Facebook posts, I suspect it was my Pastor and his wife who sent the golden potty to me.

Roscoe

So, it's a shakedown racket. :lol:
Morning all. Back at work. Dragging a bit. Got ready for work, poured myself a huge tumbler of rich creamy cold chocolate milk to start the day. Got in the car and headed to work. As I pulled up to a stop light, I reached and took a swig of the delicious concoction, the first of the morning. It was RUINED. Is there anything nastier than having a mouthful of sour milk and no place to spit!!!. Oh, but I was ticked. The whole "Renew a right spirit within me" verse came into play. :pound:

Nelle

@Work.

Going to try to cook a boneless pork loin when I get home. I have asparagus to cook as well. And I'm also going to try a way to get me to eat cucumbers. I have Chive & Onion cream cheese and top that with Everything Bagel Seasoning on top of sliced cucumbers. Hopefully I can learn how to successfully slice a cucumber without butchering it. Here's hoping it's all edible!  (I've never been much of a cucumber fan, but I'm hoping this makes them edible for me.)

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on July 07, 2020, 02:40:40 PMSo, it's a shakedown racket. :lol:
Morning all. Back at work. Dragging a bit. Got ready for work, poured myself a huge tumbler of rich creamy cold chocolate milk to start the day. Got in the car and headed to work. As I pulled up to a stop light, I reached and took a swig of the delicious concoction, the first of the morning. It was RUINED. Is there anything nastier than having a mouthful of sour milk and no place to spit!!!. Oh, but I was ticked. The whole "Renew a right spirit within me" verse came into play. :pound:

I think now you owe your mouth & taste buds a Dr Pepper.. lol