News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: At work. Participating in interviews. Doing them by zoom which is different. Not really a fan, but it is working. Praying we get some good candidates. So far, I'm not impressed with any of them, overly.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work for now. Husband woke up early this AM in pain and we were up for a while trying to figure out how to make it stop. It calmed down by a few percentages and he was able to rest a little, but he was concerned that it might be his appendix, so we took him to the VA. Due to their remodel of the ER and the COVID19 situation, I couldn't wait there with him like we normally would. So.. I drove the 15 min to work. I'll work here until I hear from him.

So thankful for the VA and that these kinds of trips don't cost extra money, so we don't have to avoid going to get things looked at. I just wish their regular clinics had access in the evenings or weekends so that it wasn't a choice between missing a day of work or having medical things taken care of. Not everyone who is a veteran is retired, and I wish they would realize that in their treatment facilities. I hate that we have to come to their ER when something happens instead of going to a primary.

Anywho. I was able to get a little sleep and thankful for a job who is flexible.

Roscoe

I bet the VA is a bit of a relief financially. When Lou smashed her finger unloading my grill with me, we had to go to the ER....no long wait, but it cost me $1,084...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Yes! When we first got married, he almost cut his finger off. He went to the local ER (literally a block from our home) and it was EXPENSIVE! We found out then about the VA and that he can get things taken care of there. I'm not sure why he didn't know about that before, but I'm thankful we know now! He's been able to get his stomach surgery (gastric sleeve), gallbladder removed, appendix removed now, and he will eventually have to have some sort of back surgery I'm sure due to the degenerative disk (disc?) disease he has in his spine. Plus he's been able to get disability for his foot and back for injuries that happened while they were at sea. They've caused problems/pain since then, and it's nice to finally have that documented.

Roscoe

:hi: Where is everyone? I'm eating a late lunch....finally got the interviews done. Now to hash out who we hire and pray they are good.....

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been to a few yard sales, then doing some chores.

Nelle

I've been @work, left, and then came back to work. Husband is finally home from the hospital and hopefully still resting. I came back to work because I have an oil change at 4pm, and I cannot miss this one.

Lynx

I'm still here. Just nothing to report. So I don't report it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Ive been quietly stalking you guys in the background.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Ain't skeered. I have the ultimate security of not having anything I care about that you are able to touch. :P

except my grandma... But if you mess with her, you got my whole family on your back!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I don't do anything quietly.
 I'm sitting in the recliner considering dinner. I've ate two Sonic corn dogs, a bite of scrambled eggs, and two pieces of bacon all day..
Dropped off some more of Sam's parts and we put his rear end under him. Monday, I'll drive and pick up the driveshaft. Hopefully, Ole Sammy boy will be back on the road next week. Oh, and I've found the paint I want for it, too. International Blue.

Roscoe

Everyone is awful quiet today. :pound: Did little today. Right shoulder has flared up again- about once a year it begins to hurt badly, so bad I can't lift my arm very high. That time of year is apparently here. I took tomorrow off since it is Chey's birthday. We went out tonight after church to Colton's for her birthday and she enjoyed time with her bf. I was glad we did- I talked with his grandpa, and really needed his words of wisdom. I have a tendency to get overloaded and pull back to myself. Mini, Taco and him are about the only ones that catch it, and I can occasionally hide from the brothers as they rely on text and calls. Not as easy to hide from the one that sees ya every week. His counsel is so much appreciated...

And I guess I'll put this out there. Several months back, I requested prayer over an unspecified big deal in our life.  This is what it was/is.
My pastor is advancing in years and expressed a desire to step back, a couple of years ago. He approached me, and I plainly did not want the job. I told him as much, trying to convince myself that it wasn't God's will. I struggled to be a preacher and a christian, much less a pastor.
Another young couple came in. Very anointed preacher, and I will always love him. He was "q'ed" up to pastor and I thought I was released. Strangely, I still felt a draw and an ache. I put it off as normal concern over a change as my pastor has been my pastor for 30+ years. 
Things didn't work out with the other young man and he moved on, around the end of August last year. I was  then asked if I would pray about it and step up. Lou and I talked and prayed, we were in full agreement.  Both of us had felt for some time that we had made a mistake by not agreeing the first time, but didn't see a way out, as the other young man was here. I would never knowingly do anything to hurt him, and I pray that God moves mightily in his life and ministry.
 Long story short, I agreed to  step up and follow God into the unknown, since I had nearly been driven insane, literally. In the past 10 months, I have been the acting pastor, as both Bro Wilson  and Sis Wilson has had health issues  they've been dealing with . Bro Wilson isn't going anywhere, and will be "Bishop". He has referred to me as Pastor for a while, which has wrecked my world, as I don't know how I will ever fill the shoes of that man. It makes me cry every time he says it or texts me it.
This is not what I wanted, truthfully. But, I will tell you that I KNOW I am in God's will, and, well, His will ain't always mine. And now- I find I want it more than anything. My being, my life, my everything is now in wanting to see my little church grow, protect my people, and  in doing the will of God. There are tons of challenges ahead. My entire church is behind me- I've been told a couple of times recently, by people who have known me all my life " I'm proud to call you pastor".
So far, we have not formalized everything, no installation service or anything like that- alot of which the Covid 19 stuff has hindered. But the reins have steadily been handed to me. I told Bro Wilson, "I'm in no hurry. I just want to be in the will of God, and if that is cleaning the toilets, I have a brush. Mowing the lawn, I have a mower. Preaching the word, I have a voice.  The name on the sign don't mean anything to me." As long as he is alive, he is my pastor and his word will ALWAYS supersede mine- I've seen the fruits of that tree and know them to be good.
I owe my brothers Taco and Mini the world. Without their encouragement, their bluntness, their wisdom, I would never have had the courage to follow the leading of God.
I'm scared to death. But I know I CAN'T do this- but God can. All I have to do is follow Him. So- that's a condensed- yes, condensed version- of my life the past year, and probably why I come across as bipolar. LOL. On the bright side, while I think God could've found a better mouthpiece, he could not have found a better First Lady. My wife, my rock, has been anointed for this all of her life. Together, the storms will blow, and we will survive.

Backseat Radio

:hi:   Its been a mostly boring day. 

I had to join church service via Facebook live stream this morning after learning yesterday that I may have been exposed to Covid-19 at work.  Felt really strange to watch my church do communion and not be there to be able to participate. Our youth pastor preached this morning from James chapter 3 a sermon titled "Watch Your Mouth" reminding us that our words have the power to build up or destroy. 2 families were voted into church membership at the end of the service.

Lynx

Bobby: I'm glad you're there to take the job, because I think you're a good man for the position. And I'm glad it scares you to death. You won't make most of the mistakes more confident people would make. :)

Now you know why Solomon prayed for wisdom. "How would I know how to lead Your people just by my little self?"

Now if only that house y'all have been looking at would drop just a bit more in price. It is a lot closer to the church, right?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe, I wondered if you'd taken that position from some little things you've said. Just stay humble.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 27, 2020, 02:03:17 PMRoscoe, I wondered if you'd taken that position from some little things you've said. Just stay humble.
Yeah...I struggled with it. And when Corona virus hit, it just added to the worry. Thankfully, Bro Wilson is staying, so I won't be thrown to the wolves so to speak. And my prayer every day is , "God, give me the wisdom to lead this, thy people". Along with "renew a right spirit within me"- cause someone spoils my mood every morning by the time I get to work. :laughhard:

Isaac, thanks for the vote of confidence- and yes, the house is about 10 miles closer to the church. I still am not thinking that we will purchase it, as bad as I would like to. Seems a better financial decision to stay where we are.
This has kinda changed my plans.... I had thought to work my 11 years I have left with the state, join the Deferred Option Retirement Program the state offers and do a couple more years, then retire to the mountains away from everyone. Now I am looking more at working my 11 remaining years and pulling the plug to focus on the church. But, things change often, so we will just see where God leads.

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

I had kids/grandkids stop back by. Things will settle down once everyone finishes moving.

Backseat Radio

My coworker called off tonight so I get to run the electronics department by myself for 4 hours. Thankfully there's no truck freight tonight.

Nelle

@Work, but almost done.

With Jeremy off work for two weeks from surgery, I have to mow the yard. It has rained every single day. LOL. It's going to be a rain forest before I can finally mow it!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 27, 2020, 09:21:58 PMThis has kinda changed my plans.... I had thought to work my 11 years I have left with the state, join the Deferred Option Retirement Program the state offers and do a couple more years, then retire to the mountains away from everyone. Now I am looking more at working my 11 remaining years and pulling the plug to focus on the church. But, things change often, so we will just see where God leads.
If your plans had gone off as intended you would have been bored stiff, and you'd have a lot of regrets about wasted time. (Though a few years of peace DOES sound lovely...)
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Just realized I hadn't checked in since like first of July.
Which is approximately when I took over the Schnucks payroll. So makes sense. Doing an extra 98 stores payroll has been kicking my tail.

My parents are officially moving to Indiana. The got a house there two weeks ago.
They gotta sell the one here. Mom has to finish out one more year of teaching. So who knows what will happen cus of covid.

But...I'm still here and alive. Just tryna figure things out in life.
I turned 35 last week. That feels weird.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Jenn! Good to see ya again.Have you found a new church home?
And in sharing- my day stunk...I did like 22 office visits among other things. Then got home, and Lou had to go back to town to drop off our niece who had spent the night. I got a call a short time later. A probationer driving without a license, with his parolee girlfriend, attempted a u turn- right in front of Lou. No where to go, she hit him at 55 mph. She and Chey are sore, but God had his hand on them and kept them from serious injury. I fear that's not the case with the Lincoln. If it isn't totaled, I'll be surprised. Fenders, hood, grill, radiator, bumper, both air bags, ect. Tow truck driver said he'd guess $8k in damages, plus the airbags that are over a grand apiece.
And...it doesn't look like the at fault party has insurance. Thank God we have good insurance and uninsured motorist.
Now the waiting game to see what the insurance company says..

Lynx

When something like that affects you personally, can one of your partners take on that probationer's case to avoid conflict of interest?

I know if I had that guy's case and that happened with somebody in my family, it sure would be a conflict of MY interest to handle his case from then on. Christian or not, I'd be conflicted about my interest in putting him under the prison.

Uh... To make sure he won't hurt anybody else, of course.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 29, 2020, 12:07:14 PMWhen something like that affects you personally, can one of your partners take on that probationer's case to avoid conflict of interest?

I know if I had that guy's case and that happened with somebody in my family, it sure would be a conflict of MY interest to handle his case from then on. Christian or not, I'd be conflicted about my interest in putting him under the prison.

Uh... To make sure he won't hurt anybody else, of course.

Fortunately, he was not on my caseload. He knows me and recognized me- The couple recognized Lou, but I think it was from Walmart. When I pulled up in the state's car, which is a cop car without markings, and got out, their faces dropped and the female began crying.
Yeah, my personal feelings towards the situation are not exactly what a Christian should have. I shall have to have two things this morning- more prayer and more coffee.