News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on July 16, 2020, 02:31:56 PMThat stinks. I can't imagine saying that to my coworker even if I thought it! LOL. It's not like you can control it. She knows now that she's not meeting the expectation for that rating, so maybe.. she needs to up her game to be seen and noticed.

Actually, I would've thought the kid met that expectation.  It's a weird place for me- I know I am liked by my supervisor, and appreciate the favor shown by God, but I DO work hard at doing whatever is assigned to me with all my might. I trained the coworker, who is a close friend, which is probably why she feels free to make these comments. They are done in a joking manner, but I know there is some real hurt there, and I don't know how to respond.

And now, our state database I have to use has taken a dump. Right when I was in the middle of an important bit of business. DIS says they are working on it... :pound:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Nelle, nosy nerd question... Chromecast or Miracast?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. My facebook has lit up. The governor of Arkansas just mandated mask wearing in public places. You'd think he had just placed the entire state on house arrest, drained every bank account, and declared he was a re-incarnation of Hitler....
I fail to see the issue. Maybe I'm slow. I WANT to do whatever I can to protect myself and my family. I don't like it- but while I know where I'm going, I'd like to have a few years before I hit that exit ramp..:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Basically it boils down to "We're Americans, we have rights, and even if it's a matter of life or death YOU CAN'T TELL US WHAT TO DO CAUSE WE GOT RIGHTS!"

That's one reason I like my dog a lot better than a lot of people. I say "No!" and he stops doing whatever he's doing. He doesn't growl at me or try to hide what he's doing or take whatever he's doing and run away, and he doesn't act as though I've insulted him by telling him no.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on July 16, 2020, 06:48:28 PMNelle, nosy nerd question... Chromecast or Miracast?

just the Apple adapter. Has a spot for the HDMI and a charger (since apparently it drains battery to cast..). Worked great for me!

Quote from: Roscoe on July 16, 2020, 08:46:40 PMWell. My facebook has lit up. The governor of Arkansas just mandated mask wearing in public places. You'd think he had just placed the entire state on house arrest, drained every bank account, and declared he was a re-incarnation of Hitler....
I fail to see the issue. Maybe I'm slow. I WANT to do whatever I can to protect myself and my family. I don't like it- but while I know where I'm going, I'd like to have a few years before I hit that exit ramp..:lol:

When they announced that certain stores here are requiring it.. I thought.. "I was under the impression that this was already mandatory?! I've been wearing them EVERYwhere not only to save myself, save my family, but also to follow the rules!" lol.. I get the arguments against, but I really just want my family and friends, and those of others to stay alive.

Nelle

@Work. Started the day off as a Grump. I'll admit it. LOL. Hopefully as the day flows, the happiness seeps in. I'm already a little peppier than I was when I first woke up. I cannot WAIT to sleep in tomorrow at my parents house and wake up to YUMMY breakfast!! I'm staying there until Monday so that I can soak up that extra family time. Hopefully that's all I soak up. My bro/sis make me nervous in that.. they go see people when they're visiting, and we are nervous they are going to get accidental exposure to the virus.

Roscoe

:hi: Totally a grump today too. BUT- It is "Casual Friday" Our boss wants us to deep clean the office and told us to wear jeans. Of course I obeyed, kinda. I'm wearing jeans. With a bib. Ok, I'm wearing overalls. And I'm quite comfortable.
And to Chey's delight we are touring the Greek Revival Mansion today. The buyer backed out and it's back on the market, cheaper. We are gonna LOOK. I won't promise anything further.

Lynx

Cheaper is good. Is it cheaper enough to seriously consider? :teeth:

Quote from: Nelle on July 16, 2020, 09:33:20 PMjust the Apple adapter. Has a spot for the HDMI and a charger (since apparently it drains battery to cast..). Worked great for me!
Oh, iphone... well that works too.

And yeah, all screencasting methods drain battery like crazy. But for what they do, it's worth it. :)
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Its been another hot sweaty day in Indiana.  I had to run freight for the office/back to school department as well for the electronics department tonight.  Walmart starts requiring face masks for customers Monday. Rather glad I'm not the person stationed at the door.  I wouldn't want to deal with irate customers.

Lynx

Yeah the job of door greeter has gotten a LOT worse the past three months. I've started feeling sorry for them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

We came, we saw, we ate, we went home to cool down.

This afternoon our church had a big dinner outside. (Covid, y'know.) Fried catfish, french fries, hushpuppies in the deep fryer, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, lemonade and tea in bottles in the coolers, cookies on the side, ice cream very briefly before it all melted.

The catfish did not come from a box in a freezer and the hushpuppies were not made in a factory. I tanked up on them and didn't even look at the hot dogs and hamburgers.

Right up until time to eat we didn't know if it would be a boom or a bust. It was really hot out there, and I wouldn't have blamed anybody who stayed at home. But we had about all the church show up. And they didn't grab a plate and get back home to their AC, we all hung around and chatted.

The dinner was complicated because the pastor called about an hour and a half before eating time to say he was driving his wife to the ER with chest pains. She's back home now, and we managed without her direction. It was odd not having her to tell us where she wanted this and that placed during setup though.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Hot here today,too. Went for a small drive. Dropped off Sam parts. Mowed the yard, then took a chainsaw to brush on the property line. Got a bunch cut up, but not hauled off- that'll wait for an evening when I get home. Too hot to mess with much.

The Purple Fuzzy

We just got back from my eldest daughter's new place. Took some stuff to her and hubby helped get some electrical plugs hooked up for her. I was glad to see their place but also glad to be home.

Backseat Radio

We had a guest preacher at church this morning.  Used Mark chapter 16 to talk about God can still move large stones aka the problems in our life.

Roscoe

:hi: Church last night went well. Back at work this morning. Feeling slightly overwhelmed, but making it.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
At work. Been a long day already and it's not yet noon. I've made some mad already, denied some plans to get out of prison, done a ton of paperwork and am now eating a salad that has a smoked chicken breast diced up in it. Been three days since I had a normal soda- I have drank a diet soda however.
Currently have nearly no one in the house happy with me- as much as I love the Manor house we looked at, I really have concerns about going deeper into debt. Lou wants to live up town and likes it. Chey wants the room and the style of the house. I love it too- but as I told them I have to be sensible and do what is best for the family in the long run.

Lynx

That's why you have a dog. No matter how unpopular your decisions, the dog still piles up in your lap. :)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: in a mandatory CPR class- thanks to the pandemic it is virtual, which actually suits me well. The quality of the video and sound lacks though. But with my nice three screen setup, I have it playing in the background while I work away on things  I NEEDED to do. I like.

Nelle

@Work. I'm not unhappy/grumpy about it, but I mean... independently wealthy would be fun too. LOL. At least it's payroll day, which means we get paid Friday! (I do the payroll hahaha)

Husband's car is going into the shop in the morning for an oil change and a rogue check engine light. Hopefully it'll be quick fixes. Then Friday my car is going to get an oil change. I have a feeling they'll finally say I need new tires.

Roscoe

I enjoy my job. Would totally rather be independently wealthy. Heck, Dependently wealthy would be ok. I just wish I had scads of money, which would enable me to have scads of time to do the things I truly love. LOL

Backseat Radio

Good morning  :hi:

My state is officially under a wear face mask in public mandate starting Monday.

The Purple Fuzzy