News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. I may give in and have a Dr Pepper for lunch. Been busy already. Then got word one of the officers in our Conway office has tested positive.....not what I want to hear. I've been off for a week, so I haven't had contact with ANYONE. I'm closing my office door and hoping cooties don't come here...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. Woke up in a daze, not sure of what day it was. Sadly, I discovered it is NOT Saturday. Or Friday. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@work.

Drinking my Coke Zero w/ Sugar Free Blackberry Syrup.. over ice, of course. It's MUCH better with ice.

Also about to attempt to eat a chicken biscuit. I let it sit too long earlier and it got cold, so I just reheated it a little.

I leave in TWO DAYS for Arkansas. Unfortunately due to other corworkers being off on vacations and whatnot, I have to wait until quitting time Friday to leave, and I have to be back Monday for work. I wanted to take Monday off as well, so I could stay thru Sunday night. Oh well. :) Hopefully the virus stays away and I can go again soon.

MsJennJenn

A friend is trying to get me to go with her next week to Arkansas. She's a talker though and the thought of a 6 hour car ride with her doesnt sound appealing LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

About time ya'll A) came back on GP and B) consider coming to the Promised Land. Please, though, watch yourself. We are apparently a COVID-19 hotspot right now.
 And today was- well, eventful doesn't begin to describe it. Remember the coworker I had spoken about in the past who didn't care for me? Well, while I was off last week apparently he had a bad day. The copier, as usual was on the blink and from my understanding he said something along the lines of " I'm going to shoot this copier, everyone in the building, and myself".
This was said loud enough apparently everyone in the office heard it, and believed him. Supervisors called him in this morning, and around 9:45 I was informed that he was no longer one of us. In addition, my beautiful, near perfect caseload was taken from me and dispersed to other officers and I got his caseload. It is the caseload version of the Titanic, and I am bailing water with a teaspoon. Apparently it never crossed his mind to DO HIS JOB.
To make matters worse, he supervised sex offenders, so I am back to dealing with them, which I abhor. AND I find out that he has alienated the sheriff's office and jail in the adjoining county, where I have to deal with a large majority of the caseload, to the point that they won't hold my prisoners and hate us. I have to set up a meeting to have a conference with the sheriff to try to smooth over what this idiot did.....:pound:
My anxiety will be sky high. All of that and then the ongoing church stuff....shew.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sorry, Roscoe. I hate cleaning up other folks messes.

Lynx

Cleaning up other people's messes is about a third of my job. My wallet just loves it when other people are lazy.

Of course the messes they leave at my job are more like a pile of boxes in the way... Nothing like a junked caseload.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

I know that absolutely stinks getting stuck with his caseload. Hopefully you can repair that relationship with the other offices. Praying he stays away from your offices as well. That's always such a scary thing. Obviously he was not cut out for his work(place).

@work. I'm leaving tomorrow for AR. I'm excited. I haven't been very grumpy ALL week! LOL..

MJJ - do I know this one? LOL.. Unlikely I know, but not many people tend to venture to AR from TX.

The Purple Fuzzy

We have grand kids here and more coming next week. :)

Roscoe

:hi: Shew. Got here at 630 this morning. Just now getting to take a pause...But it is a beautiful day, and I will be off in a bit to spend the evening cutting grass- my zen place where I can pray and meditate.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. Another busy day ahead. Several in fact. In addition to the above mentioned issues, another officer in my office is leaving to become a deputy. I won't have time to turn around for work. LOL. God, hold me in Your hand and keep my little pea brain because I'm gonna be nutso for the next few months.

Nelle

oh dear! Change is hard, but I wouldn't want to keep changing haha. Hopefully it'll transition smoother than you think.

@work. Long night last night. Didn't feel good, finally got relief halfway thru the night with only a few hours of sleep left available. Really hard to get up early for work anytime, but with less sleep - especially today. (That Friday 7=3:30 instead of 8-4:30.) It really hurts until about mid-mornings on Friday, but I'm excited to get started on my road trip this evening to my parents, so I'm trying to not complain.

MsJennJenn

Well her mom came back to Texas. Which is why she wanted to go to AR in the first place. So trip avoided. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Today's been kinda blah. It would've been Mama's 76th birthday. Lord, I miss her. Rode around a bit with Chey, picked up a grocery order and delivered it to a coworker who is quarantined after testing positive with Covid 19.
 Bro Wilson and I talked- we are going to one service a week in church, just Sunday, with Wednesday night being live stream only. I hate it, but this mess has flared up again here bad. Bro Holmes's in Little Rock, Bro Shield's in Beebe, and several other upc and independent oneness churches I am familiar with have all had cases with some of them becoming a hot spot- Bro Holmes' has somewhere around 20 at least, I heard.  Trying to trust God, but also trying to be responsible. We have alot of older people in the congregation. :sadbounce:

Lynx

We haven't seen any trouble with covid around here. Yet. But as residents of west Tennessee are mostly acting like it's no longer an issue, I can see where it's a-coming.

In local, and totally unrelated news: Peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwiches are nothing short of heaven-on-bread.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

You can learn a lot from a dog.

My dog is on an eight foot lead, attached to a two hundred seventy foot wire "run." I was riding the lawnmower around the yard and he was at the end of his run. He saw me coming and... you know that look a dog gets when he starts to panic? He couldn't leave his run, he didn't want to run past me, and there was nowhere else to go. He started pacing back and forth with his head down, trying to gauge if it was safe to make a run for it past the lawnmower.

I of course knew I was not going to run over my dog. But I didn't want him to panic, so I said, "Dan, go" and pointed to the end of his run. He went to the end of his run and sat down... exactly where he was before he saw the lawnmower coming. He kept watching me of course, but he was no longer panicked about the situation. The only difference was, this time he was there because I had told him to go there.

This didn't change anything else in his circumstances. There was still a big noisy lawnmower operating in the area, and he still had no idea where I was about to go with it. But I told him to go there, so he figured that was the safe place to be, because I had told him to go there.

Sometimes I wish I was as smart as my dog. I'd probably panic a lot less.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Prepared sermon. Went to church. God moved, sermon not needed. Sermon saved for another day. Addressed spirit of fear that has attacked church. Moving on in victory.

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on June 28, 2020, 05:48:34 PMYou can learn a lot from a dog.

My dog is on an eight foot lead, attached to a two hundred seventy foot wire "run." I was riding the lawnmower around the yard and he was at the end of his run. He saw me coming and... you know that look a dog gets when he starts to panic? He couldn't leave his run, he didn't want to run past me, and there was nowhere else to go. He started pacing back and forth with his head down, trying to gauge if it was safe to make a run for it past the lawnmower.

I of course knew I was not going to run over my dog. But I didn't want him to panic, so I said, "Dan, go" and pointed to the end of his run. He went to the end of his run and sat down... exactly where he was before he saw the lawnmower coming. He kept watching me of course, but he was no longer panicked about the situation. The only difference was, this time he was there because I had told him to go there.

This didn't change anything else in his circumstances. There was still a big noisy lawnmower operating in the area, and he still had no idea where I was about to go with it. But I told him to go there, so he figured that was the safe place to be, because I had told him to go there.

Sometimes I wish I was as smart as my dog. I'd probably panic a lot less.

That preached. Someone pass the offering plate.. lol.

@work.

Seeing my parents was amazing. I hated to leave. Also my friend's daughter LOVED her present too. She's into princesses and bugs.. so of course I got her a bug vacuum, cage to hold said victims, and then a bug book to identify them with! She LOVED it, hahaha.

Roscoe

@ Nelle- LOL. Poor bugs. At the rate things are going here, I'd expect she can put it to good use during the upcoming plague of locusts.

I simply refused to come in early today. I've been glued to this computer and other work related duties all date. I'm currently alternating between yelling "Oh, come ON!" and repenting for my wicked thoughts. It's really good I am not God today. I confess I would probably be throwing lightening bolts at some folks, especially my former co worker.
Looking forward to quitting time. :-)

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 29, 2020, 08:58:25 PMLooking forward to quitting time. :-)
My brain registered "quitting" before my eyes got to "time" and I thought you were about to walk out... er, storm out and resign.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 29, 2020, 09:07:03 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 29, 2020, 08:58:25 PMLooking forward to quitting time. :-)
My brain registered "quitting" before my eyes got to "time" and I thought you were about to walk out... er, storm out and resign.

Too far down the road to a check for the rest of my life to do that. LOL. Eleven more years....
Morning all. Back at work. Swigging a Dr Pepper that I don't need, solely to get me going this morning.

The Purple Fuzzy

I've got grandkids again & more coming today. Gonna be busy. :)

Nelle

@work.

Starting off the morning bad.. eating a sugar cookie and sipping Dr Pepper.

Roscoe

Where be everyone? Ya'll need to post more. And Isaac, I meant to remark on your earlier dog post- I like that. Very true.
And in sharing, I had a semi embarrassing day. I had to go to work with a black eye. A black eye my TWO POUND CHIHUAHUA gave me.
So, last night we lay down, and Chey comes in the bedroom, along with the fur babies. They decide to watch a movie. I could care less since I go to sleep before ever watching one. So, I doze off. Apparently a decision was made that the pups could sleep with us. I woke up sometime in the wee hours, and in my semi conscious state, apparently infringed upon Daisy the Devil-pup's personal space. She and I are somewhat alike- we are grouchy when awakened suddenly. She came to life with teeth and BIT my left eyebrow. I now have a 1)blackened eyelid and 2) a nice eyebrow piercing that I didn't plan on. I couldn't be mad at her- it was my fault. But it was embarrassing to tell my coworkers what had happened. I shoulda lied and said Lou punched me. :rofl: 

Lynx

I can relate. Or rather, my uncle Fred can relate. Three dogs pile up in his recliner with him. If somebody knocks on the door, they leave skid marks. >.>
"Do you sing at church?"