News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Yes, thank de Lawd it is Friday. And I'm off all next week!SO glad I didn't cancel my vacation because the car show was cancelled....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I've been as busy as a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest.  :lol:
So, while I'm doing home visits, one of my parolees was arrested for felony drugs while with another of my probationers.....two new releases decided they don't wanna report in to see me for intake....and I've had to investigate three different plans for people to parole out., two of which were not satisfactory. I'm holding my breath until 430 and escape time...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Beautiful lazy day today. I didn't do much worthwhile at all. Felt SO good to sleep until 10 am today...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Woke up this morning, and sprayed Rusty with clearcoat. He's dry now, and looks great- very shiny, just what he needed. He still has his patina, but it's shiny now. And I just got my computer back from Lenovo. They fixed it, and didn't even reformat it or destroy what was on it. I am pleased.

Lynx

Just out of nerd curiosity, what did they say the problem was?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

I asked the same thing.  I don't think they said or told him what they replaced.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Our electricity was out last night from about 9 till 4. Makes it hard to sleep with no air conditioner. We are spoiled.

Nelle

The past two nights have been cooler outside than inside, but I'm sure the humidity would've been 10x worse out than in, haha. I cannot sleep without the noise of a fan AND the actual air, especially during the summer months.

@work.

Had a really weird dream this morning about my parents. I'm calling at lunch to make sure nothing happened overnight.

I need a nap. I woke up several times after taking forever to finally doze off.

Lynx

Quote from: mini on June 16, 2020, 12:41:06 PMI asked the same thing.  I don't think they said or told him what they replaced.

Bah. Some nerds they are. Any nerd worth his .iso images would tell the owner what went wrong, how it was fixed, and explain it in a way normal people would understand.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Lynx, I'm not complaining. They got it fixed quickly and returned it to me in good shape. I suspect if they'd told me or wrote it on the invoice, I'd have been like "Uh? Ok. It works right?" :lol:
So- I wound up getting talked into taking Chey to Silver Dollar City today to meet her "HE'S -NOT-MY-BOYFRIEND-DAD". It had reopened, with all kinds of social distancing, face masks, ect... Since it was outdoors, I gave in and took her. Beautiful day, and I got to visit with HNMBD's Grandpa who is a friend and mentor (minister).
And I took Rusty. So, around 2,2.5 hours each way, and in between I enjoyed being Her Majesty's servant, carrying her phone and fanny pack that was not allowed on the rides around.
 Also caught HNMBD and her holding hands...so cute. And now HNMBD is on Dad's list...:pound: :pound: Funny, a certain young lady never stopped smiling today and all she could talk about on the way home was "He did this, he said that". Sheesh. :pound:

mini

Just wait till she discovers FaceTime and talks for hours a night.

I told my daughter the other night that when her momma and I started dating, we didn't have text, our calls were long distance, and we got to see each other at church.

But again, I get to meet the boy my daughter is *cough*"friends"*cough* with this Friday.

Roscoe, can you be my support?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Were you made to wear masks the whole time at SDC? A friend of mine is going with family soon and they're not wanting to go if they have to really wear them the whole time. I can't imagine being humid, hot and suffocating, haha. But SDC is a really fun time! :)

@work. So ready to be in Arkansas with my parents. I really want to go, but I'm also nervous about going. I really want to make sure my parents don't get anything from me sickness-wise, but I can't stand the thought of not seeing them for much longer. lol.. Cases are unfortunately rising in a lot of areas.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on June 17, 2020, 02:01:37 PMWere you made to wear masks the whole time at SDC? A friend of mine is going with family soon and they're not wanting to go if they have to really wear them the whole time. I can't imagine being humid, hot and suffocating, haha. But SDC is a really fun time! :)

@work. So ready to be in Arkansas with my parents. I really want to go, but I'm also nervous about going. I really want to make sure my parents don't get anything from me sickness-wise, but I can't stand the thought of not seeing them for much longer. lol.. Cases are unfortunately rising in a lot of areas.
They want you to wear them everywhere, but will allow you to take them off on the rides, I'm told. Kiddo and HNMBD kept theirs on from what I saw.:eyebrow: There were few enough people, though, while we sat from ride to ride, I often pulled my mask down with no one around and breathed. And it really wasn't bad hot here yesterday. Like low 80s. Almost cool for June in Arkansas.
They make you answer a list of questions, one of which was " Have you had difficulty breathing recently?" I pointed and gasped "Yes. Right now. After walking up the Mount Everest replica you call a parking lot to get here.."  :rotfl:
They also take your temperature. If it's over 100, you and no one in your party can go in.
And as far as cases rising- we have another spike going on here, but it is mainly in the northwestern part of the state. It seem much of that is driven by the poultry industry- one Tyson's meat packing plant had 199 positives- and immigrants. That part of the state has a large population of Marshallese  people as well as Hispanics. I know from personal experience working with them, many of the Hispanic immigrants, legal or otherwise, will live 30,40 to a house. We had 2 Guatemalan guys work with me at Tyson in the 90s. They would come here on work visas, work 9 months to a year, then go home for 3 months. They sent every spare penny back home and apparently were the equivalent of Rockefeller in their little villages. But over here- they didn't spend a dime. I gave them a ride home one day- they and others had rented a 3 bedroom house. Not a stick of furniture in it. There were pallets, with small dressers all over. Like 5 beds in the living room, each bedroom with 4 or 5- I bet there were 30 people living there, no exaggeration. When they live in that close proximity and work together- one person gets it and the whole community has it.
That and we are finally testing more. I suspect it's not so much a spike as it is us actually finding cases that have been here for a while.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a hot day here. Was 97* a little while ago.

The Purple Fuzzy

Anybody out there?

Not that anyone cares, but 5 years ago today was my last day at a job I worked at for over 12 years. I joined GP while working there. In the early years, it was either feast or famine. I had nothing to do or too much to do, so I was sometimes bored and GP was hopping back then. Between laying off people & folks quitting & them not hiring more I absorbed many positions. (With no raises)
When they tried to get me to absorb another job 5 years ago, I'd had enough. I turned in my notice. I've missed a couple folks but not the job.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 19, 2020, 08:37:59 PMAnybody out there?

Not that anyone cares, but 5 years ago today was my last day at a job I worked at for over 12 years. I joined GP while working there. In the early years, it was either feast or famine. I had nothing to do or too much to do, so I was sometimes bored and GP was hopping back then. Between laying off people & folks quitting & them not hiring more I absorbed many positions. (With no raises)
When they tried to get me to absorb another job 5 years ago, I'd had enough. I turned in my notice. I've missed a couple folks but not the job.
I'm here. Been busy. Wish GP was still hopping...I miss checking in to see a ton of new posts. If the Lord wills, I've got around 11 years or so before I can retire. Actually looking forward to it. This week of vacation has kept me busy enough to know that I can keep myself busy. Unfortunately, I have to have money to pay the bills. But if I can make it to retirement, the state can pay me for the rest of my life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I didn't retire. We're just depending on Jesus. ;) I can't "retire" for a few more years.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 17, 2020, 02:31:14 AMAlso caught HNMBD and her holding hands...so cute. And now HNMBD is on Dad's list...:pound: :pound: Funny, a certain young lady never stopped smiling today and all she could talk about on the way home was "He did this, he said that". Sheesh. :pound:
And of course you were not even close to the same about Lou...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 20, 2020, 09:27:21 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 17, 2020, 02:31:14 AMAlso caught HNMBD and her holding hands...so cute. And now HNMBD is on Dad's list...:pound: :pound: Funny, a certain young lady never stopped smiling today and all she could talk about on the way home was "He did this, he said that". Sheesh. :pound:
And of course you were not even close to the same about Lou...
AND I had 13 years on Chey's current age....:lol:
Hi. Slept in today, when I did not mean to. Went to town. Came home and tinkered with the corvette. Three different attempts at shimming the starter and it no works. I came inside before I started throwing tools. Gonna get up and cook in a bit..

Roscoe

And the place is silent. LOL. Hope all the dads had a good day. Dreading tomorrow. The downside of a week off is all the c.rap that I have to deal with upon return.

Lynx

This goes against the diet you sometimes mention, but...

Would it help to bring a stockpile of dr. pepper with you today?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

What. A. Weekend.

Had to come back to work just to get some rest.  I am currently sitting here in the dark enjoying the quietness.

The Purple Fuzzy

We got some much needed rain this morning. :bigcheese:
Im sure my flowers are happy. Hope to get more today.
I should be getting to see grand babies soon. :)