News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: mini on March 20, 2019, 12:45:04 PMI dislike Texas strongly.

Houston.  We rolled in at 9:30 pm. 12 lanes of traffic.  Ever driver is driving like they are in NASCARs spring training camp.  You are doing the speed limit and a 4 cylinder sedan blows by you doing 90.  Maybe that's what got me.  Most of the cars blowing by you are not cars intended to blow by you at any speed.

But what a skyline.  I bet they have more skyscrapers in their downtown than in the entirety of Oklahoma.

Ok...I looked it up.  Oklahoma City has 17 buildings higher than 250 feet.  Tulsa has 20 higher than 250 feet.  Houston's 52nd tallest building is 428 feet tall.

But I still don't like Texas.

:ugly:

Don't hold Houston & Dallas against the rest of Texas. :girltongue:

Lynx

JenN beat me to it. In some cities the speed limit is a suggestion, but a very bad suggestion if you want to stay alive in the stampede.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Just FYI - Don't speed in Illinois, especially with out of state tags. They'll pop you faster than a kernel of corn pops with a bit of oil added. I always shake my head when people just zoom past me on the interstate. Usually Tennessee and Texas drives actually. We have an area by the state line around me that is KNOWN for popping people like crazy from either the City of Ullin or the State Troopers (also a station there in Ullin). I don't know why people don't heed the fact that most of us IL drivers are RIGHT on the money on the speed.. like.. that is a red flag to me as a visitor that something is likely to happen if I'm not doing the same. (I drive like this in other states.. I watch the local traffic haha)

Slept pretty well last night for the first time in like a month. Still waking up with headaches, and I am SOO ready for whatever this "sickness" is to leave completely. It's hanging on for its life, but I'm so thankful that it's not as bad as it could be! I am barely coughing, and I just have some daily irritation with sinuses (other than the headache).

I need a nap tho.. I'm so ready to go to sleep early tonight! :D

Heather

I grew up .5 miles from a Nascar track. I drive swiftly [especially on the interstate] but not like I've heard of Texas drivers. And the rest of my area definitely does NOT drive quickly. Soooo.....the Nascar thing doesn't really pan out there Jenn.

I'm having a really hard time with my attitude toward my mom. She says I will meet her new dude on my own terms, then 24 hrs later brings him into my workplace where I'm forced to meet him. Last week when I expressed I needed her the day after Topher she was too busy with her dude. This coming saturday [her birthday naturally] she's making it out that she has told him her kids take priority.....I'm waiting to see what her next contradiction is. It makes me not even want to talk to her.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:

Got up today and spent the day doing things I wanted to do. Like work in the yard. Still looking forward to the next couple of weeks when the petunias and such start hitting the stores so I can plant the window boxes, ect, but I at least got a jump on making my place look nice.
I also replaced Rusty's sparkplug wire and got two new tires on the way for him to replace the nearly bald ones on the back. They are around five or six years old, so I guess we've gotten our money's worth out of them.

And in other sharing- I have discovered that Texas' definition of "mild salsa" is NOT the same as mine. Lou bought some mild salsa while we were in Texas at one of those little flea market/ homemade salsa and jams type places. She cooked porkchops tonight, and one of my weird things is to drown pork chops in Salsa. I grabbed the jar she bought, dowsed my chops, and tied into them. What a delicious flavor- right up until the second bite, when it took the top off of my head. Holy mother of all that is good, what did they make this stuff with?!?!? Liquid fire roasted habaneros? Ghost Peppers? Dear Lord, it was viciously hot... but the flavor was so good, I ate it with tears running, and now I have a bad case of indigestion/ hole burned into stomach...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't eat the hot salsa, I only use mild.

Heather

Tried to talk to my mom about my above post. I've now upset her and I'm a terrible daughter and she needs to "take a step back". I'm not sure taking a step back from being a mother is an option but whatever. I'm sorry at 36 I finally stood up for myself. I should have done it sooner.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

I love salsa - but I have started having tongue issues when I eat salsa, so I don't eat much anymore.

I'm sorry, Heather! I hope things get better between you!!

Eating lunch - grilled barbecue chicken and a baked potato! Jeremy grilled them last night. Smelled delicious and tastes yummy!

It's FINALLY Friday!! I am so excited to sleep in tomorrow and do some house cleaning! (Not even being sarcastic!) I'm hoping to be able to open some windows. I'm almost afraid to look at the weather app, haha.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 22, 2019, 03:48:36 AMAnd in other sharing- I have discovered that Texas' definition of "mild salsa" is NOT the same as mine. Lou bought some mild salsa while we were in Texas at one of those little flea market/ homemade salsa and jams type places. She cooked porkchops tonight, and one of my weird things is to drown pork chops in Salsa. I grabbed the jar she bought, dowsed my chops, and tied into them. What a delicious flavor- right up until the second bite, when it took the top off of my head. Holy mother of all that is good, what did they make this stuff with?!?!? Liquid fire roasted habaneros? Ghost Peppers? Dear Lord, it was viciously hot... but the flavor was so good, I ate it with tears running, and now I have a bad case of indigestion/ hole burned into stomach...

:rofl: just cant keep up with we Texans in anything I see.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 22, 2019, 09:17:19 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 22, 2019, 03:48:36 AMAnd in other sharing- I have discovered that Texas' definition of "mild salsa" is NOT the same as mine. Lou bought some mild salsa while we were in Texas at one of those little flea market/ homemade salsa and jams type places. She cooked porkchops tonight, and one of my weird things is to drown pork chops in Salsa. I grabbed the jar she bought, dowsed my chops, and tied into them. What a delicious flavor- right up until the second bite, when it took the top off of my head. Holy mother of all that is good, what did they make this stuff with?!?!? Liquid fire roasted habaneros? Ghost Peppers? Dear Lord, it was viciously hot... but the flavor was so good, I ate it with tears running, and now I have a bad case of indigestion/ hole burned into stomach...

:rofl: just cant keep up with we Texans in anything I see.
Apparently not. LOL. It seems my Greatgrandfather made a great decision when he deserted Texas for Arkansas back around 1920....If it weren't for the fact that Lou was born in Texas, I'd question everything about that great state...

Sorry Heather, for what you are dealing with.

And in sharing- we loaded up the Jeep and struck out today. Been gone all day, flea markets and cruising the area of Mountain View, where I intend to retire someday. Beautiful back roads with clear mountain streams really get me,
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

So Wednesday I changed the battery in my backup car, which had been sitting there about five months, turned the key and it fired right up.

Just a few minutes ago I put on my toe shoes, got out my bike and my legs fired right up. Just a quick five mile trip-around-the-(country)-block.

I think I will need a few more trips around that block before I am up to par for riding to w*rk and back again, but I had no problems. Spring is here!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Oh yeah, I should probably define that. A country block is where you drive down a country road, take the first right, and keep taking the first right until you wind up back where you started.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Interesting. Never heard that definition.

Roscoe

Cooler today with a few sprinkles. I'm doing nothing, Nothing at all. Lou got up early and went garage sling with her mom. It apparently turned into a girl's outing, since one or two of her friends wound up going too. They've apparently loaded her car up cruising around Conway.

Lynx

And now I picture Bobby sitting beside the police scanner, waiting for news...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. figured I'd run in and say hello before the day starts because I doubt I'll have time to after we open.....

sunlight

I have no idea what's going on... but friend after friend after friend have come to me with really bad news in their life lately. Why does it seem that everyone goes through hard times all at the same time?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

I don't know, and I sure wish someone knew...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

The Lord knows.

Can't seem to get awake this morning. :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

We were supposed to have bigger storms Sunday but they were just a tiny roar, thankfully.

We are doing Missionary Sunday for Sunday School this coming Sunday. (I bet I could somehow work the word 'Sunday' into that a few more times LOL.)  We are spotlighting Ireland this quarter. I have purchased a few snacks from Ireland online from a store and the kids will get a chance to taste them. We're going to talk about the missionaries that are currently there, hopefully play an Irish kids game, and a few fun facts about the country. We'll also spend some special time of prayer for them. I believe this country's has at least one younger child as well, so I'm hoping I can get everyone to help me sign a card or something for them. I wish I could do a care package, but since I'm self-funding this spotlight every time as well as other SS endeavors, I'm not sure that's a possibility yet. Anywho .. I'm excited for it. I hope the kids enjoy it. I'm hoping that we will learn that there are others in the world other than us and ours, and that our prayers are important to help them.

I was thinking about doing the "What's Your Leprechaun Name?" but I'm terrified that something will be inappropriate. I'm going to have to test it out with their names myself first and then find my name tags and everyone will go by those names on Sunday during class, LOL.

About to leave work for the day. I'm feeling better again today. I slept pretty good last night, so I'm hoping that becomes the norm again! :D

The Purple Fuzzy

We had crazy storms come through with hail and such. Up around Dallas the hail was breaking out windows. :o

Lynx

Add that to the list of reasons to never go to Dallas...
"Do you sing at church?"