Tears Are Never Stupid

Started by RainbowJingles, May 28, 2008, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

I took a deep breath and tried to strengthen the stalwart dam of emotions that threatened to break, flooding my cheeks with tears.

I muttered through my emotion, "Stupid girly tears."

Someone heard.

The response came quickly:
"Tears are never stupid."

The dam began to weaken as the admonition continued:
"Consider if God has the hairs on our head numbered.  How much more does He count the tears that are shed?"

It all belongs to the Lord.  My tears are His.  He is taking care of me, as He always has.  I am, as always...

In His Hands

- Elona  :-)

*posting so I'll have the quote saved when I get back from the meetup and have room in my sig line for the quotes*

MelodyB

Oh wow. Thanks Elona...after a tear filled drive home and a emotional morning, that SO hits the spot.

*TIGHT HUG*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

**HUGS** Mel back

It hit the spot with me, too, girlie!

**HUGS** again

sunlight

* sunlight hugs elona tight.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

My tears are sometimes stupid, when they come all of the sudden for no apparent reason.

RainbowJingles

they're still in that bottle, though.  :-)  Right?

RainbowJingles

Even your purple hairs are numbered!  :bigcheese:

iridiscente

BOL! Purple hairs... from the WARM PURPLE FUZZZYYYYY!

RainbowJingles

**HUGS** Dina

**HUGS** Fuzzy purple hairs

**HUGS** her awesome friend who doesn't think tears are stupid

iridiscente

Ashlee

Tears are never stupid?  What about when what you're crying for is something that has no solution.  Some tears are worthless.....

iridiscente

Or if they're in self pity for doing something you knew was wrong in the first place?

RainbowJingles

*shrug*

Say what you like, but I stand by my sig line.  Whatever the reason for the tears, God sees them still.
Whatever the reason, they aren't unnoticed.

**HUGS** quotable friends

iridiscente

:) You just wanted to hug them again, didn'tcha!?

RainbowJingles

lol

Yup.  You guessed it.  How did you know?

Ashlee

I'll take a few hugs right now.  Come to think of it, I don't think I'd ever turn them down.  lol

RainbowJingles

**HUGS** Ashlee
**HUGS** Ashlee
**HUGS** Ashlee
**HUGS** Ashlee
**HUGS** Ashlee
**HUGS** Ashlee

Hmmm...  you'd never turn down ANYONE's hugs?  :freaky2:

Oh, Newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

:bigcheese:

Ashlee

He got his share.  lol.  And it appears they weren't only from me.....  :freaky2:  Now whatcha got to say Elona?

*silence*

Uh huh, that's what I thought

RainbowJingles

You're right.  They *weren't* only from you.  He had a lot of hugs from a lot of people.

*watches Ashlee's silence*
You know what silence is, don'tcha?

:hypocrite:

WAIT!!!!
Have I been pulled into :pwink: ing my own thread?!?!?!

:reaction:

:pound: Ashlee

Ashlee

:laughhard:

*goes to see the nurse about the bump on her head*

The Purple Fuzzy

Thought this was a fitting illustration.

RainbowJingles

Newsman

*Hugs Lady Elona*
*Hugs Lady Ash*
*Hugs Lady Ash again*

If I may, for Lady Ash and any others of you who may be beating up on yourselves, may I offer a bit of hopefully witty yet kernel-of-truth commentary?

Q:   You know why you should never be too rough on yourself?
A;   Because there's almost ALWAYS someone else MORE than willing to be!

As to whose tears God sees, even when we are suffering from our own actions/failings/faults, even when we know not why we cry, God still sees it, and wants us to trust in His help, whatever the situation we find ourselves in.

As a sparrow falls not to the ground without our Heavenly Father's knowledge, so surely must he see when one of His children shed tears.

John

Ashlee

Thanks John.  *Sheds a few more*

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Newsman on June 12, 2008, 07:22:54 PM
Q:   You know why you should never be too rough on yourself?
A;   Because there's almost ALWAYS someone else MORE than willing to be!

John

John:
Believe it or not, that particular commentary that you have used countless times finally made it through to me some time ago.
I don't know if I ever properly thanked you.

There was a particularly low point in my life where I found my self-talk was nothing but negative.  I would call myself "stupid idiot," "bird-brain" and any other number of seemingly silly insults anytime I would do something that seemed less than intelligent.  Slowly, the silly sayings began to make their way into my mind on a deeper level, and I began to believe them (or perhaps I had believed them before I even started).  I began to really believe what I said ("you can't do anything right, Elona") and the things I called myself ("good grief, you're a loser"), and began to slide into depression.

A few startled glances from my pastor's wife helped me realize how often I was calling myself names that were less than positive, and I started pausing momentarily before I would say things like that to - or about - myself (even in a joking way).  Remembering your saying, I thought about the negativity that I received in my life and realized that it was enough on its own and that I didn't need to give it to myself on top of all that.  I can't say that I categorically stopped overnight, and I still can't say that I don't slip up once in awhile, but I *can* say that I feel better about myself, and that my confidence levels began rising after I decided that I am God's creation and that I shouldn't say bad things about His child.

Thank you.