News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

This morning I was an hour into work and was already to quit. :roll:
Already had an argument with my boss. We have a division vice president (so my bosses boss) coming tomorrow for a "round table" with our district leader teams and she wants me to "order nice food that's nicer then I normally do"...I asked her multiple times what she considers nice and what that means. She could not give me an answer. So I got irritated. She hung up. Then later texts me "not the great start I'd hoped for". Well...give me more details that I ask for. That I always ask for.  :nono:  :noo:  :updown:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

What foods do you normally order?

@Work. Jeremy's mom was transferred over to rehab Saturday evening. Had her first day of therapy yesterday. Jeremy went up to be with her for it. She was doing great at all of her stuff. Hopefully in two weeks she will be home and probably still doing in-home therapy as well.

Aric's memorial service was very sweet on Friday. Thankful that the family was able to have this in order to transition in their grieving process. I'm so thankful he was a "yes" person and went to China like he wanted. He was able to experience so much and saw so many things. If we knew our time was short, what would we do to enjoy life more? I'd soak up a few extra moments with my family I think.

MsJennJenn

I've ordered a wide variety. Mediterranean, Tacos, Pasta, Sandwiches.
We can't have a sit down dinner. The environment we'll be in won't be accessible for that. lol Idk what she's wanting.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Jenn- I'd almost ask if your boss was my wife, at the risk of getting whipped. Anytime we discuss going out to eat, that's the basic gist of the discussion. "I know what I want, but I don't know how to convey it to you". :laughhard:

Totally vegging, doing nothing. Too cool to do much outside and I am lazy. So today is a me doing nothing day. Got drafted into going to a minister's meeting tonight...I'm going but I'm plotting how to avoid future requests for a short while. Too much coming up and I'm gonna require some unplug time soon...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Gotta love technology. A few years ago Walmart rolled out what was supposed to be a new and improved way to clock in and out using a smartphone. Today that "new and improved" system was glitching and saying we hadn't clocked back in from lunch when the time clock itself clearly showed we had clocked back in from lunch. Because of the glitch several of us were locked out of running a register the 2nd half of our shift.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 23, 2023, 08:40:33 PMTotally vegging, doing nothing. Too cool to do much outside and I am lazy.
Duly noted that Bobby considers himself too cool to do any real work.  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 24, 2023, 02:32:20 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 23, 2023, 08:40:33 PMTotally vegging, doing nothing. Too cool to do much outside and I am lazy.
Duly noted that Bobby considers himself too cool to do any real work.  :biglaugh:
I'M not too cool....even though it obviously looks like that's what I said. Too lazy I'll admit.
Back at work
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It appears it is starting to mist with snow flurries mixed.. Supposed to be snowing later today.We might get up to 5 inches or none- we are apparently right on the line. I'm torn because part of me hates snow and wants nothing to do with it...part of me wants a free day off...

Backseat Radio

We're expecting the snow tonight and into tomorrow. 4-8 inches of the stuff. Pastor is already talking about canceling church tomorrow night if we actually get the upper end of the snow amount.

Nelle

If I don't get to miss work and get snow tomorrow.. I'm going to be upset. LOL.

@Work. Unfortunately if I do get enough snow to miss work, I won't get to "work from home" since Jeremy's day off is tomorrow and that computer will be in use by him. BUT I can at least take my timesheet home and take hours from our electricians for payroll! I could totally use the day to work on the house AND on the church paperwork, so I wouldn't mind it a bit.

Backseat Radio

Online Grocery Pickup was getting stomped on today because of the incomming snowstorm. Spent my last 2 hours of work tonight doing pick walks to help them get caught up.

Backseat Radio

The weather forecast had been predicting snowmagedon for today. So far all we have is a dusting of snow.  :sadbounce:

Not wanting to go to work today after being up in the middle of the night sick.

Roscoe

Well. The weather  :sing:    :sing:  "Came in like a wrecking ball"..  :sing:  :sing:
But it didn't do a lot. Apparently we were on the fringe...local roads got a bit slick last night but we had a slight warm up and rain that washed the roads down somewhat. We were put in inclement weather policy, meaning we didn't have to report in until 10, but my overachieving self was here at normal times.
Sitting here dragging though. May splurge today and eat out at lunch. I've really been trying to cut back on eating out.
Now to get through the day and get to church tonight.

Nelle

@Work.

We got snow! I didn't get a snow day... but.. that's ok. I have plenty to do here at work that needs to be done asap anyway, haha. I'm just thankful I made it safely home!

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully, no snow here. It's about 40 at the moment.

MsJennJenn

Yea no snow here for me either. Hubbs got it 30 miles north though when he was at work. He sent me a snap and it was pouring over there. I said welppp babe no luck at home we got nothing lol

It's so gloomy today and I'm about to murder my demon kitten. He's broken 3-4 items of glass variety in the last week or so and I am SO OVER IT. He's driving me bonkers. I plopped him in time-out (his room) this morning.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 25, 2023, 06:14:49 PMIt's so gloomy today and I'm about to murder my demon kitten. He's broken 3-4 items of glass variety in the last week or so and I am SO OVER IT. He's driving me bonkers. I plopped him in time-out (his room) this morning.
My mother has had indoor cats ever since I was old enough to remember, but she has never, ever had a problem with one of them knocking over breakables. Probably because they know that if they tried it, they would get impromptu flying lessons immediately.

Me, I don't have the patience to deal with it. When I have had a cat, it has always been an outdoor creature. Usually my outdoor cat stays warm in winter by lying next to the dog.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

MsJennJenn

Binxy is a black cat and a kitten. He's beyond rotten.

He climbs on everything. In every window he can. Knocks stuff over everywhere. He's now broken one of my vintage cactus glasses  :'( , a vase full of plant cuttings, and a plant in a pot that was a favorite so cute pot. Those aren't all of the things he's knocked over, those are just the broken ones. He's knocked over more plants but no casualties except the aforementioned one.

Keke is 12 years old. She's happy eating and sleeping. lol
Binxy..... is 6 months old and he's a literal tornado in feline form.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning. Around 40 at church last night with several out. Good teaching from Bro Clayton. But that was last night- today I'm back at work. Sabotaging my diet by having gone by the local coffee shop and getting a oreo mocha frappe. SO good. Ordered a medium for me, and a small for a coworker. Comparing the two makes me think it is the same amount of product in each....
Cool out, only around 32 degrees, but sunny. Have I mentioned I am ready for summer?!?! :pound:

Backseat Radio

Now that holiday season is over, I finally joined the church choir. Got my first look at this month's song and my reaction was...you call that a choir song? That's just another repetitive congregational song.

Nelle

@Work. Jeremy had nightmares last night while sleeping.. and between him thrashing, breathing weird, and saying weird things, sleep wasn't so great, haha. I didn't want to wake him because he has a hard time going back to sleep, but I hate that anyone is tormented by bad dreams in a time we are meant to be resting and allowing our body to repair itself some.

Busy day today at work. Snow is still outside BUT it's off the roads, so I'm good. :) I love how beautiful snow is.

MsJennJenn

I love how beautiful snow is too but man I'm with Bobby on this one I LOATHE the cold. I'm ready for summer. Just leave me in summer. I'll hibernate and sleep thru winter.

Had a dentist appointment this morning to finish off a bridge with the final bridge crown.
Three thousand dollars later...and the cost of food these days, I'll be eating dirt for the next 6 months.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Choir practice got canceled tonight because of potential black ice conditions  :sadbounce: