News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

How long of a drive to Branson for you, Roscoe?

Nelle

@Work. It's raining.. again. It's apparently supposed to rain for several days. Hopefully this means the ground will be saturated enough to not 'drought' this year.

Only one week and a few days until I get to spend four days with my parents! I'm so glad I get to go see her before she has her surgery.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sunny for now but the rain is supposed to be back this evening.

Backseat Radio

I can officially work without a face mask now that Walmart allows fully vaccinated individuals to ditch the mask. Forgot how much the mask blocked odors. One of my first customers smelled horrible.

Roscoe

Raining again here. Bah. Have court today as well. double bah. And Fuzz, Branson is around 2 and a half hours or so...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It rained bunches where Dina lives.  About 9 inches. They had a flash flood and their chicken coop was in water almost to the top. Thankfully it must have left some air room cause they only lost the rooster who didn't go in the coop.  Ben was afraid they lost them all.

Nelle

@Work. Ready for the weekend.. lol. One week basically!

Pastor's wife in a neighboring church is in the hospital with COVID. She's one step down from being on a ventilator. Oddly enough, I don't see anyone on Facebook asking for prayer for her. Dunno why. I hope people are beyond treating this like it's an unspeakable illness. I'd want everyone praying for me! But anyway.. several in their church have it as well. Makes me even more cautious at work and about.. because I obviously don't want to be sick and then miss getting to see my parents before my mom's surgery.

MsJennJenn

Hasn't rained in a day or two here. I think it seems to be missing me and hitting all of the Texan's around me.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Urgh. At work on an overcast friday. I hope this weekend is pretty. Covid around here has become almost a none-event. Our governor has ended the state of emergency, and people are traipsing around without masks. I just hope it doesn't flare back up. I'm still very skittish, considering the toll it took on the church and people I love. I fear alot of churches will struggle for years due to this and alot of people will as well.
But it is what it is. We don't get to pick the trials, we just live through them.

I'm strongly considering doing something that many would find stupid. A local guy has something I've wanted for years- a Farmall Cub tractor. I think if tomorrow is pretty, I am going to fire up Sam and go see exactly how low I can talk him down  on it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Suns been out here. So happy. It keeps showing overcast forecast but then I get sun. WINNNN :shine:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

I've spent my day in the back of Walmart repackaging old contract phone demos to return to vendor. My store won't be carrying contract phones anymore.

Roscoe

Supposed to be pretty tomorrow. I've got to go pick up Lou's purchases...a dining room suite, and a coffee table end table set. Somehow, I also got drafted to start work covering the one paneled wall  we have in the living room with rustic wood looking wallpaper. I've gotten one roll of four installed. But tomorrow I WILL enjoy a ride in Sam before I do anything else.

Lynx

Bobby, you and my uncle Fred. He'd love some pics of that Farmall if you think of it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Worked on the "accent wall" for a bit Saturday. Went and got the furniture. Bro Wilson called and stated he would cover Sunday, so I got up Sunday and went  to look at the tractor. It's in decent shape, being a '53 model, but not good enough for the asking price. Guy came down some but is still $500 more than I will pay. I'll probably let that one go.

Nelle

@Work. Had lunch and breakfast. Sleepy now. Just a few more days until Arkansas. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Our yard is soggy. At least it's only sprinkling so far today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 And Happy Birthday Fuzzy.

I guess I'm getting as bad as those other heathens. I find myself forgetting to post here, been so busy with life in general.  Still plugging along. I finished Lou's Accent wall. Still have resisted buying the tractor. And I get the pleasure Sunday of performing my first wedding, for my kid brother. So, I've got a metric ton of things to do tomorrow, and this weekend, to prepare, and hope to still have a little "me" time to work on Sam...

The Purple Fuzzy

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Roscoe. :)

Lynx

I'm still here. Just nothing to report, so I don't report it.

Only thing that might come close to being worth reporting is, I'm getting real good at making this boiled custard. I'm going through about a gallon and a quarter a week.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Dear Lord. That much custard would make me diabetic and cause my weight to go up.
In sharing, Sam now has an adapter on the way to make his speedometer read correctly. Now, instead of reading 35 when you are going 55, it will be accurate. And while out yesterday, I ran by a small local shop that sells parts for old trucks. This is good or bad depending on your view. I can get parts now without shipping which saves me money. However, I can get parts without shipping, which increases the likelihood that I will buy. :ugly:
I need to finish this truck before it, along with its friends the shop and the bedroom remodel/building project, puts me in bankruptcy.
Yet holding on, trying to see the weekend....

The Purple Fuzzy

Cooking cause grandkids are coming in tonight.

Nelle

@Work. ONE MORE DAY! :) I have to spend my evening packing my suitcase, packing mom & dad's stuff all up that I'm taking down there to make food with and whatnot. She won't be able to lift anything heavier than a shoe, as well as I'm sure stand for a while at a time, so I'm taking some items down to make her some snacks. I'm hoping to give them some new recipes and possibly make some so they can just pop them in the oven. Dad has been on a pretty strict diet and is very stubborn when it comes to trying new things.. but I'm pretty sure I can peer pressure him into trying it while I'm actually there. :) He HAS liked some of the recipes I've given them in this same thought line, haha..

I'm also struggling not to be jealous of the landscape mini and family are getting to experience this week. It renewed my desire to want to go to the Grand Canyon and that general area for sure. I need to get a good month to just.. roadtrip all the places West I want to go. LoL

Nelle

@Work.

Today is THE day! I am on pins and needles waiting for 3:30, so I can go home, grab my stuff, and head out! I do have to stop at the Mennonite store to grab some sugar free candy for my dad... and maybe some stuff for me to snack on today driving down and tomorrow driving to/from cemetery. :)

I need a nap. I waited too long to grab lunch... it's apparently raining again today. I barely made it in the house last night before the torrential downpour happened.

Roscoe

Pretty here today. I spent all morning smoking meat for the company picnic/ casual day. It was well received. Looking for 5 pm so I can go home.