What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It's been drizzling here all day.
 Slept in, then went to church. Preached, came home. Relaxing now, dreading tomorrow. BUT, if I can get through three days I should be off for four between a sick day for the fat doctor trip, and comp time for Friday....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Monday's are always hard to get moving.

Nelle

@Work. About to fall over my desk asleep.. trying to eat some toast w/ jelly to pep up! They're doing some road construction by Wendy's so I couldn't stop in there this morning. I've got to do recon tonight on the way home to see if it's worth the effort tomorrow, haha. Thankful for other ways to work so I can avoid the actual construction if I want.

Revival was great. Messages on-point as always.

My dryer hated me last night, thus I am now sleep deprived. The "eco boost" accidentally somehow got switched on the panel and I haaaaate that setting. It takes HOURS to dry clothes on that setting, haha. I got to bed WAY too late due to that.

Nelle

@Work. I fell asleep when I got home instead of cooking supper. I woke up long enough to eat a sandwich my husband so sweetly picked up for me. Sat up for an hour and a half for my medicine to settle down, and then went to bed again. Basically slept through the storms.. kinda glad I was so tired that I wasn't able to be overly anxious about them.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had some hail this morning, according to my husband. I slept through it. ;)

Roscoe

It came a good storm last night here. Blew down a couple branches too. But it looked like no major damage from what I could tell leaving the house this morning. Today is 80 and sunny. Absolutely beautiful.....
And I'm ready to go home for the day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"What's worse than raining cats and dogs?"
"Hailing taxicabs!"

I don't know about hail, but we sure have been getting rain and lightning, off and on, for more days than I would like. The ground doesn't have a chance to dry out enough to mow, and the grass is getting disturbingly tall.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. Eating leftover spaghetti for lunch. yum.

Roscoe

Sweet baby Jesus. Today. Lawd. It's none-stop.....
But come on 430. 'Cause then I'm free until Monday.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:.
Been busy. Went to the Doc, then on Friday picked up the refi funds, paid for the shop building, paid off the slab, and bought some tools.
Now debating buying back my motorcycle I sold years ago. The guy just called me out of the blue wanting to sell it..

Roscoe

:hi:
 Big storm came through this morning. Lots of rain...
I'm dragging a bit today, too. It being mother's day, I'm missing my mama, even though it has been nearly 20 years since she was in her right mind on this day.
 It's cool outside and I'm stuck inside.. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Storms are supposed to come through here, too.

Nelle

@Work. First day without rain in a while it seems. Very chilly tho!

MsJennJenn

The fanta cherry thing at Mcdonalds is good Lynx. Just like a cherry icee. YUM.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Slogging through Monday. Cool and overcast.  Ready to go home.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 10, 2021, 07:54:09 PMThe fanta cherry thing at Mcdonalds is good Lynx. Just like a cherry icee. YUM.
Now try mixing it with a fudge sundae. (Get them to ring up a small frozen cherry fanta, fudge sundae and put all the ingredients in the frappe blender.) It becomes a cherry-chocolate smoothie/float.

I took Grandma to the doctor place yesterday, and while we were waiting... and waiting... and waiting... I was going to get one of those cherry-chocolate smoothie/floats, but the McD's there didn't have frozen coke yet. In fact they were setting it up when I went there. Ah well.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Ew naw. I aint about ice cream or chocolate like that. lol I'll keep the cherry icee. Or mix it with the coke one.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Back at work. Our main site we use in our system has been down since noonish....

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Lynx

Quote from: mini on May 14, 2021, 12:22:23 PMIts quiet on here...

Hello everyone!
Quote from: mini on May 14, 2021, 12:22:23 PMIts quiet on here...

Hello everyone!
Hmm...

I bought 44 king-size dark chocolate kit-kats for 59 cents a piece. I have developed a very unhealthy habit of starting my day with a kit-kat.

Nothing much else to say. Sorry.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I just bought my hubby some dark chocolate with almonds at Aldi.

Roscoe

Took Chey and Lou to Branson Friday night. Back home, relaxing before church.