News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I bet your own little girl is happy about that arrangement, having friends over every day after school.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

BroTrey

???  a ceiling tile in the bathroom just came down... there is a dripping sound.... looks like my upstairs neighbor has a leak.  ???

Must be delivered from apartment life.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Chseeads

Oh, it may be their doody water dripping down on you.  What a treat.

w2cchas

Poop and cards tomorrow.  Bah.

Get tractor Saturday. 

Roscoe

How cheerful, Seth.
Ate dinner. Drove the 'vette a few miles. Mowed the yard. Considered throwing the weedeater I bought this spring across the yard, as it refuses to start.
Fixing to crash for the night. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Steering fluid has a leak somewhere.
Right side front tire has a bubble.

This week just keeps getting better.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Ah good, at least I'm not the only one.  Yesterday my minivan's left front shock apparently just flat gave out.  it started making a noise like busted suspension, and when you push down on the front of the vehicle the left front won't bound-rebound at all.

The sun comes up and the sun goes down.
Hands on the clock they just keep going around.
I just get up and its time to lay down.
Life gets tee-jus don't it?

I open the door and the flies swarm in.
I shut the door and I'm sweating again.
I move to fast and I crack my shin.
Its just one darn thing after another.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I took Chey to school in the Corvette. I'm marking it as a red letter day, since it made it home trouble free. Maybe I've finally got it reliable. :-)
I came home, got the Canyon/BadBoy combo, and went back to the church, where I took out the tall grass.... Now trying to decide what to do next..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on August 29, 2014, 03:55:04 AM
Considered throwing the weedeater I bought this spring across the yard, as it refuses to start.

You sound like my sister.  The ones we have had...she had a Craftsman, I had a TroyBilt, but I hardly ever used it, she did...and they weren't running right.  I think she went and bought a new one today. 

I on the other hand, have not even mowed our yard the last couple of months or something...seriously.  I got too busy picking beans and garden stuff to sell, and canning, along with working and such that I never have done it.  A lot of the actual yard itself is really not too huge...it's bad off, but not utter wilderness....down by the road it is...I'm trying to let the cows eat that down, cause I can't mow it.  It needs bush hogged...  I'll have a tractor to do it, but I would imagine our bush hog may need a little TLC, it's bit sitting around for years. 

Anyhoo.....

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on August 30, 2014, 03:04:11 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 29, 2014, 03:55:04 AM
Considered throwing the weedeater I bought this spring across the yard, as it refuses to start.

You sound like my sister.  The ones we have had...she had a Craftsman, I had a TroyBilt, but I hardly ever used it, she did...and they weren't running right.  I think she went and bought a new one today. 

I on the other hand, have not even mowed our yard the last couple of months or something...seriously.  I got too busy picking beans and garden stuff to sell, and canning, along with working and such that I never have done it.  A lot of the actual yard itself is really not too huge...it's bad off, but not utter wilderness....down by the road it is...I'm trying to let the cows eat that down, cause I can't mow it.  It needs bush hogged...  I'll have a tractor to do it, but I would imagine our bush hog may need a little TLC, it's bit sitting around for years. 

Anyhoo.....
The weather we've had this summer has made the grass thrive. Up until the last week or so, I could mow without getting dusted out, which in an Arkansas summer is unheard of... but it's caused me to mow every week, sometimes twice a week. Except for at my 1/2 acre junkyard- I haven't mowed it in five years or so. I keep it high because it hides my junk treasure, which decreases the likelihood that Scrapper Methhead will haul them off.
I had a Troybuilt weed wacker- loved it, until it quit starting. So I went this spring and bought a new, albeit cheap, Murray....I've used it maybe a dozen times. Now it either won't start, or will start and run for twenty seconds, then die. Stupid thing.  :pound:

Chseeads

Grass here this year has been slow to grow....at least in some cases....  It's not been dry, been pretty mild, but grass hasn't grown very fast here for some reason. 

We have the guy next door to the church mow the church yard and field, how often he has mowed has been sporadic.  The part of the hay field that we let the cows eat on early in the year has been super slow growing back.  And the guy that cuts our hay said unless it was a field that had been fertilized, hay fields he had cut weren't growing back very fast. 

Now, if it's in a place that you don't want it to grow, by jove, it'll grow like wildfire.  Down around my strawberry patch and stuff, it's a total jungle.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Fuzzy:  Well ain't that grand! :D  Say hi to all concerned for me willya?

Bobby: No, no, no, NO!  Never ever ever get a Murray.  I thought you of all people would know better than that.  There's a reason Wal-Mart carries Murray machines.  Same reason they carry HP and Acer computers, they are cheap junk that will break in no time.  I'm a nerd but even I know not to get a Murray.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Congrats, Rat's Nest. I'm sure you'll have it spoiled in no time.
Quote from: Lynx on August 30, 2014, 01:23:18 PM
Fuzzy:  Well ain't that grand! :D  Say hi to all concerned for me willya?

Bobby: No, no, no, NO!  Never ever ever get a Murray.  I thought you of all people would know better than that.  There's a reason Wal-Mart carries Murray machines.  Same reason they carry HP and Acer computers, they are cheap junk that will break in no time.  I'm a nerd but even I know not to get a Murray.
Strangely enough, Isaac, one of the best weedwackers I ever had was a cheap Murray, even though I know they are junk. Unfortunantly, this one is not of the same inclination. I wish I could find a good small engine mechanic to rebuilt the carb on my four stroke Troybuilt. I loved that thing.

And Cheese, here, we've had enough rain that the farmers have already got several cuttings off of their fields. It's been kinda like a 6 month spring...we've only recently had days in the upper 90's, low 100's, which is usually normal fare all summer. And it is raining here again, now. Bah. So much for working on the Stude's bodywork. I'm going to have to do it outside because I have no shop room....

Lynx

If it was a good Murray they probably have a factory recall on that model.  A mistake was made in the manufacture. :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on August 30, 2014, 01:42:52 PM
And Cheese, here, we've had enough rain that the farmers have already got several cuttings off of their fields. It's been kinda like a 6 month spring...we've only recently had days in the upper 90's, low 100's, which is usually normal fare all summer. And it is raining here again, now.

It's done that here, but the grass didn't grow.  :smirk2:

I drive this tractor like Mr. Magoo.  Needs practice.  It's the same basic thing as any tractor, yet different from the old antique ones I'm used to. 

It's a shame I can't drive it around without getting dirt on it. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Congrats on the tractor. That should make your life easier.

Chseeads

I don't know.  Everything always makes my life harder.  :P

Chseeads

Went to church.  Came home.  Eating a salad. 

Roscoe

2 o'clock service and potluck today, which means I'll get zero service and probably zero food, as I am at work. Thinking of eating the two chili dogs I brought from home. It seems a bad idea, as we had them for dinner last night, causing my coworker to suffer today.:P
I think I'll save them for tomorrow, as I have to work with a certain annoying twit- if I can cause him discomfort in any way, it'll bring me joy. Yes, I know, not Christian, but he is REALLY a pain...
And in non-TMI sharing, I have listed the Lincoln AND the Corvette on craigslist. I can't wait to see what moronic trade offers I will get this time. Probably a goat and "$5 a month fer the next ten years" offers...:lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, the mental picture of you riding a goat is interesting.

Roscoe

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

It would be just his size though....but I hope it has stout legs and back otherwise the poor thing will crumble....

Been cleaning the garage out so I can park the tractor....got most miscellaneous that was piled on top of my lumber pile at scooted out of the way at least....gotta move my lumber (somebody send the Amish to just go build my building, please?) and get that bay of the garage cleared. 

My aunt and cousin's wife brought granny over to see mom today.  Since her last fall she fractured something in her back and hasn't been getting out to church the last little bit.  And hadn't seen mom since they came over here a couple months ago....cause mom doesn't get to get out anywhere either, cause she's here with dad all the time.

All these poor old folks.  *sigh*