News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

It was worse than I thought. I was one of the volunteered judges. I'm not saying it was bad, but in Texas where chili is it's own food group, some of the folks would face the death penalty.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Their word no pots of good chili? Only bad and, at best, mediocre?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 07, 2019, 08:23:34 PMTheir word no pots of good chili? Only bad and, at best, mediocre?
I'll put it this way- the best pot of chili there was chicken chili, which, although it was delicious, had about as much business being in a chili contest as I have being in the Miss America pagent- which for the record , I have no business in said pageant even as a janitor. :lol:

In sharing, I did next to nothing today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

o.O

I mean yeah, chicken chili can be good... But... that was the BEST ONE THERE?!

What did y'all do? If you claim chicken chili as the winner there would be a riot. Did you lie and say a more traditional chili won?

Next year you'll know to enter the contest yourself, if only to give the poor judge palates a respite.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

I still have some chili in the freezer, in Grandma's little meals ready to eat, that turned out pretty good. A pound of sausage, two pounds of sausage with sage, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, garlic, just a touch of brown sugar and red pepper (not enough to make it sweet or hot, just enough for character,) basil.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well, there were ten contestants and three judges. We scored based on aroma, color, consistency, taste and aftertaste....at least that's what the score sheet said. Each category was scored from one to ten, ten being the best. My second place was a deer chili- it was decent, but not something I'd drive for. Apparently everyone agreed- it got the most total points so it was named the winner.
I would enter, but I've never been totally happy with my own chili. Always seems to miss something.

And in sharing, it is Sunday. It is cold. And I intend to do nothing until church time, where I hope God will have His way. As is usual lately I have a few verses and a core thought... He apparently don't trust me to not mess it up so I don't get everything early. :lol:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 08, 2019, 05:17:02 PMI would enter, but I've never been totally happy with my own chili. Always seems to miss something.
Add a pound of pork sausage. Do not drain the grease after browning the sausage. The grease emulsifies the whole pot of chili, gives it that texture that you can't get any other way.

Also very unhealthy, but nobody ever ate chili for health reasons. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work. Steadily plugging along. Overcast, and they say tomorrow we could get a dusting of snow, which is weird since it's in the 50s or so now...
Hope y'all have a good day.

The Purple Fuzzy

The high today was 79. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 44.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

It was 61 when I was cleaning the cat room last night, and it was 37 when we went to bed. I'm trying to keep my husband well enough to work, and the weather is helping me 0%.

Finally got my work Christmas tree on my desk and the mini lights on it. Still no tree at home, and honestly I doubt it appears this year either.

Roscoe

Huh. I posted last night, I thought- but apparently it didn't save.  ???
In regards to Christmas- I set up our Christmas village inside complete with the Polar Express. The mantle has greenery and plaid ribbons, and our slightly hokie 1970s foot tall letters spelling out "PEACE" is on the mantle as is our tradition.
But- the outdoor decorations, including the dozen or so holiday themed M&M characters, have NOT made an appearance, and probably won't this year. I've been too busy to worry about them. In fact I still need to take down the fall themed decorations and scarecrows...

Morning all. Chinese have attacked. I am majorly dragging and the coffee is not working...

The Purple Fuzzy

It's 29 this morning but supposed to be back to 70 this weekend. These weather swings are crazy.

Nelle

@Work.

I feel like we're not in winter, but maybe fall instead. It's 29 when I get in the car, and it'll be 44 sometime in the day. It's really hard to know what to wear for work all day when the temps move around from 29 to 44 to 61.. haha.

Nelle

Reheated Progresso Minestrone soup for lunch. I do had Cholula and grated parmesan cheese. of course, I also add an absurd amount of crackers. So much that my coworker is grossed out everytime I eat chili or soup LOL. It's a texture thing. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove it. :)

Lynx

Wait, what? What's so gross about a lot of crackers in soup? Absurd maybe, depending on the amount, but gross?
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

She likes hers a little more soupy.. lol. Her husband eats it the same way I do tho, and we both gross her out. She won't even look at me when I'm eating it. :)

Roscoe

I'm weird. I prefer a few slices of bread, preferably homemade, to eat with my soup. And even weirder, I like to throw a slice of cheese into it too. In fact, that's what Lou made for supper and I pigged out. I enjoyed homemade bread that I didn't make too. Down the road from the house a Pentecostal Holiness couple have opened a bakery/restaurant/wholesome foods store. Just getting started but they sell fresh farm raised beef and pork, homemade sourdough bread- some of the best I've had- homemade Salsa, Old time homemade blackstrap molasses, homemade jams and jellies...absolutely delicious.

mini

I don't like any crackers, bread or cornbread in my soup or beans.  I dont know why, but I never have.

Roscoe, we must visit there the next time I am over.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

If I'm eating potato soup or broccoli cheese soup, I use bread to eat the soup. Like a dipping bread. YUM! I might have to do that this weekend.

Roscoe

I'm not a big soup person, by and large. I prefer meat. God made me a Carnivore.
 And hi, all. I'm over halfway through the day. Managed to take some time out for a break a few minutes ago. Ready for the weekend, regardless of my current money-less state. LOL
If all I have to do is sit in the recliner, I'm fine with that.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Well tomorrow's going to be "interesting." Children's Christmas play tomorrow morning.

The last practice was last Sunday. Some of them still don't know all their lines. I cobbled together a cue sheet for starting and stopping the soundtrack, but I haven't had a practice to test it. We aren't going to get the stage put together until tonight, so the kids won't even get one practice in with the props in place. And we still have no idea where the microphones will be placed on stage. While they are speaking I'll be trying to remember which field microphone is closest to that quiet kid so people can actually hear him, and trying to remember to turn all the other over-amped microphones down so they won't make feedback.

Very "interesting" indeed. Maybe I'll call in sick. Can you call in sick at church?
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Quote from: mini on December 13, 2019, 01:55:14 PMI don't like any crackers, bread or cornbread in my soup or beans.  I dont know why, but I never have.

Roscoe, we must visit there the next time I am over.

I just never have preferred soup. And mini- that's my thoughts! We need to see this store!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!