Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Well. You are all wrong. In this case, "S.O." refers to "Sheriff's Office".
And it was a long day yesterday. In my folly, I went in about an hour early, thinking to get a jump on the day. I had no way of knowing that my day would run long....
Long story short, my coworker had a very bad dude on her caseload. He violated his conditions of release, and we tracked him down. He went to jail, eventually, and I got to remember what it is like to be a "real" cop.
The downside is , it was nearly 7 pm before I left work. I was late to church (almost didn't make it), and finally got home about 14 hours after I'd left for the day.
I'm totally bailing early today. And I'm off tomorrow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I read it as "supervising officer" haha.

I'm eating bacon. So all is well.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Day 3 of captivity wasn't too awful bad. Work was busy, but okay. We finally got our birthday and attendance bulletin boards up all the way at church last night.

Day 4 of captivity.. while it isn't over (which is terrifying).. it's going VERY fast. I get here an hour early every day since I'm car pooling with Jeremy, and I looked up.. it was already lunch time - 4 hours later. LOL. I've been training a girl to do payroll while I'm gone next week. Most has gone well, but hiccups that are better NOW than next week for sure! :) We almost had our vacation cancelled today by Jeremy's work. One of his fellow carriers' dad passed away today and she is off work for a few days, and another one's dad is about to pass. Another coworker should've been fired a long time ago for threatening violence against his coworkers, showing up to work hungover (smelling of alcohol as well), and just generally being completely foolish and uncooperative with his coworkers/superiors.. He's suddenly developed appointments all the time now. SO.. They tried to get Jeremy to come in anyway, but ... we have plane tickets that are nonrefundable. So.. If they push the issue, I'm pushing for reimbursement. LOL. You DO get paid well when they mandate you off your vacation, but boy will HE be cranky.. even more so than I would be, LOL. Hopefully they're able to get things covered for a few days so we don't have to miss our vacation.

Cats are doing better. Still hating our not-all-the-way-done remodel job in their room, but living through it. I'm going to get a couple of rugs and some extra litter boxes so they'll feel a little more at home. Maybe a couple of extra toys. :) Catnip seems to really be working on the boy cat lately. He's quite entertaining.

MsJennJenn

Nelle - why are you in captivity? lol Did I miss that post? Or is it because you're carpooling?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Glad I have begun the weekend. There doesn't appear to be hardly anything at the fall swap meet so far though...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 20, 2018, 05:35:08 PMNelle - why are you in captivity? lol Did I miss that post? Or is it because you're carpooling?

I think it's the cats that are in captivity for a week do some reason?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

LOL. Sorry guys. I've been calling this workweek a week of captivity since my vacation starts at 3:30pm today. The cats also feel like they are in captivity, but theirs is just beginning. LOL. They're pretty independent so they're stuck at the house all week next week without us. Oh the havoc they will probably cause.. haha.

Today's the last day! We are NOT packed, BUT.. I do have a large stack selected for final drafting when I get home. :)

Roscoe

It is cool compared to recent days,and rainy. I have done very little...smoked a pork butt so we can have loaded baked potatoes tonight for dinner,and washed dishes. I haven't even changed out of my sleeping shorts and really don't intend to either. Sometimes it is nice to have a do nothing day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Good. I'm beginning to worry about all of GP's supporting cast. Heather, Mel, Mini, Isaac, Chel- rare to post. Jenn and Nelle run in, but not near as often as folk should.....
Morning all. I am at work. Dreading this week- I have a new guy to train and I'm scared I don't know enough to train someone..LOL

mini

Fine.  Ill post.

Been a crazy few weeks.

2 weeks ago my mother in law passed away.  She had been diagnosed with an aneurysm, and it ruptured.  It was an unexpected blow, that's for sure.  Been dealing with all that for the last bit.

Saturday, we had to go pick up her truck.  I don't know if they check in here anymore, but a special thanks to Cletus and Sarbaann for checking the truck over for me.  My son finally figured out that the truck would be his driver in 2 years and has talked about nothing since then except that truck.  He discovered LMC (Roscoe, you would be proud) and has decided that we needed to put $10,000 dollars worth of stuff on there in the next 24 months.  I told him no.  My wife loves that old truck (it was her Uncles, then Dads, then Moms...) and may not let my son drive it.  Our first order of business will be to replace the motor.  Shouldn't be hard...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Bobby I can't post all the time about nothing. My life is quiet and comfortable, but nowhere near interesting to other, more normal people.

The most exciting thing in my life recently was making 28 loaves of bread last Wednesday. My supply was getting low and I needed to reload.

The next most exciting thing in my life recently was the discovery of Breaking Cat News, a comic strip that I spent my free time last Sunday catching up on.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

My little gray bantam hen got out and the neighbor's dog killed her. :(

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 24, 2018, 06:21:51 PMBobby I can't post all the time about nothing. My life is quiet and comfortable, but nowhere near interesting to other, more normal people.

The most exciting thing in my life recently was making 28 loaves of bread last Wednesday. My supply was getting low and I needed to reload.

The next most exciting thing in my life recently was the discovery of Breaking Cat News, a comic strip that I spent my free time last Sunday catching up on.
Lol. Mine is also. I just enjoy seeing what is going on in my friends' lives too.
And fuzz I'm sorry to hear that about your Banty hen.
The new guy is just a kid. A big as a house kid, but a kid nonetheless. I really hope he is a quick learner.
And one of the Einsteins on my caseload came in today,  talked about how good he was doing- and two hours later,ran from police and got two brand new shiny felonies. They'll go really nicely with the one he was awaiting trial for..

sunlight

I've had to work full time this week and last. I'm so glad I don't have to do this all the time right now. The check will help with bills- but dude. It's hard at the moment.

MelodyB

Ive been working a lot. I pulled in 83.75 hour check that will be paid to me on this friday. Thats pretty good for part time!

I really am loving my new job. Taken some ajustments being on overnight shift. And several of my residents Ive already grown attached to has been sent out to the hospitals and some will not be returning due to a decline in health. And we also lost a lady this past sunday morning. I was the last one to care for her, and I felt death in her room the whole night long. I was scared she would pass on my shift, while in my direct care, but she waited. 45 minutes after I clocked out for the day, she passed.

She was 102 and had declined to 61 lbs.

So its been an emotional ride this week. Other than that, things are great and Im doing well. My roommate is moving out soon and there is a possibility I may move into a mobile home closer to work. Waiting on word from that, but in the meantime, I am content to stay here. Whatever God wants.

Headed to ladies prayer this morning. :hi: 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Glad you're getting good hours Melbs! :hug:

It's all rainy and dreary here. And only 68 degrees this morning! What!  :o
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Cool here as well. Busy as a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest...

Lynx

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!

Excuse me. I have had yet another brush with the "That's not MY job!" attitude. Got some irritation to get out of my system. You can skip the rest of this post if you don't feel up to dealing with irritation right now.

Wednesday is my day off, but I went to w*rk anyway to cover for somebody who quit without notice. If I do w*rk on Wednesday I have to leave by 4:30pm because church night. Toward the end of the w*rk day I noted to one guy that it looked like I won't get all my stuff done today, and I speculated the manager would probably ask him to finish what I didn't get done. He replied, "I ain't doin' it! You better get your job done!"

Really?

I felt like saying "You know what? Today is Wednesday. None of this is my job! My job on Wednesday is taking a long nap and making a casserole for church tonight, but I'm not getting my job done because I'm doing somebody else's job, because he decided to quit without giving so much as one day of notice! I'VE SPENT THE WHOLE DAY DOING STUFF THAT ISN'T MY JOB!"

I didn't say that, but that's what I felt like saying. I'm still regretting not saying it - even though I know it would probably have not been the best way to deal with the situation, there's a part of me that really hates that I passed up the opportunity.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

I would have said it. :grin: I'm not the best example. Lol.

MsJennJenn

Me too Chel. lol

I'm grumbling cus my GPA is a 3.9. I could and would have a 4.0 for my entire masters degree except for that one ethics class! Arg! The ethics classes always get me! Got a B in ethics in my undergrad too.  :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Duly noted that JenN is unethical.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Man, it's like every demon in hell is stalking me,workwise. Like they are competing to see who can make me lose the most godliness. Today, one of my offenders flipped a switch I haven't had flipped in a long time. All of my office mates came over to see who had torqued me off so bad the whole office could hear me. I finally told the idiot to get out of my office because if he was there any longer, I'd wind up going to jail myself.
I really love my job and thank God for it, but my patience is wearing thin lately.

Lynx

I don't think I want to know what would make Bobby yell...

In local news, there is no local news except rain. Lots and lots of rain. My wallet has started cussing about the gas money I'm having to burn, and my bicycle is pressing charges against me for abandonment...

Mind you, I'm not biking to w*rk to save gas money. I'm biking to reduce my gut dimensions. But saving money I could get used to, at $4.50 a day.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lying to me. That is pretty much a good way to flip me to yelling mode. LOL
And man, I HATE having to tell a friend "No". I've a close friend who worked for me a few years ago as a police officer. He's a great guy, and I love him and his family. But some things I can't do. We are currently stretched for cash ourselves, because of Lou's surgery and other bills, and to be honest some poor choices we made in the past that has resulted in credit card bills. We're not bankrupt by any means, but really have to watch our money. My buddy called a few ago wanting me to cosign a loan for him. Lou and I made the decision long ago to not cosign for anyone, because it puts us at risk if they can't pay it, and it ALWAYS results in bad feelings. We've turned family down....It still hurts to tell someone you care about that you cannot help them.