Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Kids who say Yuck may be racists

Started by bishopnl, July 07, 2008, 07:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopnl

Claim: Kids who say 'yuck' may be racist  
Jul 7 12:42 PM US/Eastern

LONDON, July 7 (UPI) -- Toddlers who say "yuck" when given flavorful foreign food may be exhibiting racist behavior, a British government-sponsored organization says.

The London-based National Children's Bureau released a 366-page guide counseling adults on recognizing racist behavior in young children, The Telegraph reported Monday.

The guide, titled Young Children and Racial Justice, warns adults that babies must also be included in the effort to eliminate racism because they have the ability to "recognize different people in their lives."

The bureau says to be aware of children who "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuck'."

"Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships," the guide says.

Staff members are advised not to ignore racist actions and to condemn them when they occur.

Copyright 2008 by United Press International  

~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

The Purple Fuzzy

HolinessPK

n/a

Sis

Oh brother! So if they don't like spaghetti, that means they hate Italians?    :laughhard:

I think it means they don't like new foods.

I don't like [East] Indian food but that doesn't mean I hate them. What nonsense!

dnr1128

Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

The Purple Fuzzy

We are no longer allowed to have an opinion of our own.  We are expected to conform to everyone else's ideas...

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

yosemite

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 07, 2008, 10:54:10 PM
I read this and thought yuck.

nawwwwww, no wayyyyy!! who'd a thunk it!! yuck!!

*waves at 68*
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on July 07, 2008, 11:42:53 PM
Oh brother. What utter nonsense.

:beret:

Dont make the cows out to be racist!

Quote from: yosemite on July 07, 2008, 11:00:59 PM

nawwwwww, no wayyyyy!! who'd a thunk it!! yuck!!

*waves at 68*

*waves @ yo*

Quote from: Sis on July 07, 2008, 11:23:38 PM

Racist!

Old woman!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Ashlee

So, in other words, no matter what kids do these days they're going to be wrong and terrible people.  :roll:  Gee, with odds like that, no wonder our world is falling apart.

Sis

They have to be declared sick so the STATE can fix them their way. Psychologically of course.

SippinTea

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 08, 2008, 12:34:01 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on July 07, 2008, 11:42:53 PM
Oh brother. What utter nonsense.

Dont make the cows out to be racist!

I wouldn't think of it! Cows are people too, ya know.

*snicker*

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

I personally think cows are spiritual.  At least before i eat my steak, I pray.  And if my kids say yuck about steak....

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 08, 2008, 03:59:36 PM
I personally think cows are spiritual.  At least before i eat my steak, I pray.  And if my kids say yuck about steak....
That means more steak for daddy! :)

Sis

yosemite

mannnnnn! if a food tells if a person or child is racist then i must be the most non racist here!! i love those chocolate drops with the white center they called them something about a toe....?
Quote from: teacheroftheLord on July 08, 2008, 04:31:23 AM
So, in other words, no matter what kids do these days they're going to be wrong and terrible people.  :roll:  Gee, with odds like that, no wonder our world is falling apart.
the kids arent the problem, it is the raising and the examples they are given. the kid gets the idea of being bad all by themselves. they arent taught to be good.
but haveing the government to do surveys like this and trying to brainwash the parents into beleiving such nonsence is... well..., pittyfull.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther