News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Man Accused Of Robbing, Then Hugging Mo. Victim

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, July 03, 2008, 10:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

:eyebrow:

Man Accused Of Robbing, Then Hugging Mo. Victim

POPLAR BLUFF, Mo., Jul. 3, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) Police in the southeast Missouri town of Poplar Bluff are looking for the gunman who robbed a man on Monday night, then gave him a hug before fleeing.

The victim, Heath Chandler, 31, of Naylor, told police he was in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart store when a man approached and put a semiautomatic gun to his stomach.

The assailant demanded money, so Chandler gave him the $25 he had. The man then took Chandler to a Jeep Cherokee driven by a woman. There, he gave the victim a hug before fleeing in the Cherokee.

Detectives are studying Wal-Mart videotape as part of the search for the suspect.

___

Information from: Daily American Republic, http://www.darnews.com

Link to story:  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/03/ap/strange/main4232311.shtml

Sister_Mom

Maybe the robber read the *Hugs* thread and was inspired to be a nicer thief. Maybe?  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

yosemite

nayyyy! he felt sorry for him because he only had 25.00$ to his name and now he didnt have that. LOL

really, i beleive the theif wasnt a theif or should i say he didnt like to do what he did.
my thought are that normally he may have been a straight up guy who hit rock bottom
or a tight spot that he had no recourse on.

lets not be too quik on the draw here because things are getting bad and we have not seen the worst of it yet. maybe he didnt have insurance and needed money for his wife or child to go see the doctor.

here lately my wife has been sick and without insurance nobody wants to see ya.
we have had a time with it. some doctors have just gotten plum rude about it and told us that they werent running a free clinic for charity cases. after all this i kinda ran the event through my mind. but i dont think i could do it.  -yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

EricShane

maybe the thief had to do it... I dont know, sounds weird... but, maybe thats his way of saying thank you, because he felt he had to do this
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Sis

yosemite

it hasnt been proved to be a real gun yet, or has it. may have been a plastic toy.
when the guy hugged the other one why didnt he overthrow him? the robber was distracted and was caught in a bad perdicament being so close to the victom and seemingly in a different state of mind than a regular theif.

i mean yeah, it was wrong to steal wheather or not it was a real gun or not, but i dont think he was out to harm anyone. i mean he appreciated 25.00$ for petes sake. he was desperate and gracious. i didnt click on the article cause i got strict orders from headquarters to not stray to other sites. LOL   -yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther