News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Evil In The World (Don't Read if at all Squeamish)

Started by Newsman, June 16, 2008, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death Mon Jun 16, 1:14 AM ET

Police killed a 27-year-old man as he kicked, punched and stomped a toddler to death despite other people's attempts to stop him on a dark, country road, authorities said.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child they say he killed Saturday night. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old based on his size, according to county sheriff's deputy Royjindar Singh.

"It's been a long night of wondering, 'Why?' — not only for the officers and the passers-by who stopped and tried to help out, but for anyone. Why would somebody do this?" Singh said.

Singh said the coroner does not plan to confirm the identities of the suspect and victim until Monday. Because his injuries were so severe, the child will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test, he said.

The suspect had a child's car seat in the back of his four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction, Singh said.

As they got closer, the couple saw the man brutally beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground, according to Singh. Two or three other cars stopped, an unusual number to be passing through the remote area surrounded by a dairy, a cow pasture, a cornfield and a farmhouse, he said.

"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

Paramedics tried to resuscitate the toddler, who was not breathing when they arrived. The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No children within the dead boy's age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, Singh said.

The incident happened on Bradbury Road about 10 miles west of Turlock, a city located about halfway between Sacramento and Fresno.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

Newsman

Some of the hardened folks on the medievalist forum Im part of were speechless, even.

John

Ashlee

When you're talking about someone injuring children, that's enough to upset anyone. 

Newsman

More details in the Modesto paper...again be warned..very potentially disturbing reading.

www.modbee.com/1618/story/330185.html

John

Sis

The child was probably crying or something. And the dad didn't have enough self-discipline to deal with it correctly. Another message about spoiling your children. They learn no self discipline and can't handle every day problems.

Side note: This is the second news story (The other one was our newspaper) that doesn't know when to use A or AN.

Suggestions of what's lacking in today's education, I guess.

Quotebeating a infant boy

Chseeads

Part of it talks about the father saying there were demons in the child and the witness that confronted him saying it was as if his eyes were hollow....  Makes one wonder if either the guy was strung out on some kind of drugs and/or under demonic influence himself.

Sis

yosemite

yeah!! that was my first reaction when i read that. i thought he was tweeking out.

one time a while back, i was out west getting some fuel at a truck stop and a guy was on the hood of his big truck(peterbuilt 379 ext. hood) running as fast as he could go from the windshield to the grill. he was hollering for someone to help him and get these spiders off him. he got help alright!! the cops came and brushed all of them right off to jail! road dope or dope in general is a bad deal.

i am very lucky to have never had the hankering for any of these vises that alter the mind.                     -yo
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

1legRooster

If there is any time that we need to change our world.  Now is the time.  How much worse can it get to be like the times of Noah.

The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

MelodyB

I personally think that this is worse than Noahs day. So how much more....yeah.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

dnr1128

When I first read this story on FNC, I was moved to tears.  Being a father, I don't at all comprehend how any person, let alone a parent, could harm a defenseless child.  Hopefully he'll get the death penalty. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.