News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

My eating healthy  has gotten  hosed this morning. I  carefully  ate a banana  for breakfast. Packed a salad for lunch with an apple for snacktime.
 Then my favorite  representative  brought in 8 BOXES of fried pies, in every  flavor possible  from chocolate  to blueberry  to apple....ect.  At that point , it wasn't  whether  I was going to eat one but whether I would stop at one or eat 4. ...:fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

So did you stop at 1 or 4? lol  :nono:

Praying for our Melbsss! :hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

So I'm listening to my Bible on my phone and reading along on my iPad this morning.

Roscoe texted me. I respond and turn my phone back over to finish reading/listening.

Suddenly the Bible goes silent. I look at my phone just in time to hear a voice ask "did you butt dial me?"

Let me assure you, that was NOT in the Bible.

I accidentally dialed Roscoe... LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Oh, Heather. I'm so glad you're going to be with Mel. Please give her a tight hug from me, too.

Jenn, I'm sorry you had such a horrid day.

Roscoe, I'm guessing you ended up eating 5. So far.  :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on February 10, 2016, 05:04:34 PMOh, Heather. I'm so glad you're going to be with Mel. Please give her a tight hug from me, too.

Jenn, I'm sorry you had such a horrid day.

Roscoe, I'm guessing you ended up eating 5. So far.  :P

You would be wrong. I stopped at one. So far. :P
And now I'm "enjoying" my salad. And laughing about being the voice of God for Mini..... God: "Get off your butt and dial Me!! No! No! Don't butt dial me! Get OFF your butt and dial Me!" :rofl:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Lol! Nice. 

And yay for heather! I wish I could go too.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

I just saw on FB where Mel's Mom passed. We will be praying..:sadbounce:

Heather

She messaged me this afternoon when it happened. It's so weird how each person goes through things. Even though you know something is going to happen, the punch in the gut when it does happen. I'm just incredibly thankful that I was able to work out to be able to go. I'll be taking my laptop and tablet. If anyone can/does skype let us know. I'm sure she would like to see some friendly/familiar faces.

Now to finish my burger and get finished packing!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Praying for you Mel. Elona's first reaction was to jump in the car and drive down, then reality set in.

Got kind of a major wake-up call at the doctor yesterday. I kind of wished they would of let me sleep a little longer.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 10, 2016, 05:17:23 PMAnd now I'm "enjoying" my salad. And laughing about being the voice of God for Mini..... God: "Get off your butt and dial Me!! No! No! Don't butt dial me! Get OFF your butt and dial Me!" :rofl:
Well if you're the voice of God for Mini I'll be the voice of Seth for the forum.

Weirdos, all of you. :p

And in local news, Bobby refused to share any of his fried pies. Not a SINGLE ONE! When I win the lottery he's not getting a dime.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 11, 2016, 12:30:50 PMPraying for you Mel. Elona's first reaction was to jump in the car and drive down, then reality set in.

Got kind of a major wake-up call at the doctor yesterday. I kind of wished they would of let me sleep a little longer.

:waits:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

I'm with Elona. Except my thought was plane. That reality thing stinks sometimes.

I have a new dishwasher! :D Well, not new. New to me. Same difference. ;) My dad had someone give him a really nice one, and my old one was... Well, lacking. Lol. And since my dad loves me, I got the dishwasher. :D

Seriously starting to wonder if some of Miss Bella's ongoing sleep issues are because she's itching really badly. Her eczema has been awful lately. I've been cutting down on her dairy intake, knowing that's often the cause, but I may need to try cutting it out completely. Ugh. My poor baby has had SO many tummy/food issues. I wish there were some easy fixes, but there aren't. Can't help but wonder if an unknown food intolerance was the root of the horrendous tummy aches I would get when I was little. I remember curling up on the floor trying not to move and being totally miserable.

Teddy is exploring the onion bag. If he tries taking a bite of his new discovery, I'm going to laugh.  :biglaugh:

MsJennJenn

Ruby - dunno if you're into essential oils or haven't ever tried them; but trying coconut oil, 5 drops of tea tree, and 20 drops of lavender mixed together is supposed to be good for eczema. The lavender might help her sleep too! :hug:

* MsJennJenn is a crazy oiler lady these days

Diffusing lemongrass, peppermint and lavender to ward off headache/migraine. Been doing it since Tuesday nights awful migraine. So far so good!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Usually I like songbirds. There's this one mockingbird that sits on the roof of my workplace and flat-out tears it up. I like that.

But when I'm trying to sleep and a bird perches on my air conditioner and cuts loose... NOT good! Those birds can get loud and he sounded like he was right next to my ear.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I walked to the truck stop beside my hotel this morning in a knee length skirt and a t-shirt. Husband says it's pouring snow at home  :cool:

I'm currently working on homework related items prior to the services today. I've only gotten in 2 Mel hugs but don't worry, I will get all yalls requested hugs in before I leave. Also got some Knut snuggles last night.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on February 12, 2016, 12:27:59 PMUsually I like songbirds. There's this one mockingbird that sits on the roof of my workplace and flat-out tears it up. I like that.

But when I'm trying to sleep and a bird perches on my air conditioner and cuts loose... NOT good! Those birds can get loud and he sounded like he was right next to my ear.

I have 2 turtle doves (so my parents say based on their coloring, sounds, and because there are two of them) that have been hovering on my stoop for the last 2-3 days. Mom thinks they must have a nest close by. But I can hear them coo'ing at certain times. Thankfully not at night so far. lol

Quote from: HeatherB on February 12, 2016, 02:45:51 PMI walked to the truck stop beside my hotel this morning in a knee length skirt and a t-shirt. Husband says it's pouring snow at home  :cool:

I'm currently working on homework related items prior to the services today. I've only gotten in 2 Mel hugs but don't worry, I will get all yalls requested hugs in before I leave. Also got some Knut snuggles last night.

Hitting 70's this whole week. Supposed to stay this way into next week too. I LOVE it.
And yes give Melbs our hugs! :hug:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Jenn, I do like using essential oils. I just have to be ultra-cautious with her because her skin is even more sensitive than mine.  :-? And that's on top of her being so little. Wonder how far I'd have to dilute that. Hmmm.... We already use copious amounts of coconut oil on her. And I do have both the other oils right now. Maybe I'll try something along that line tonight before bed.

MsJennJenn

Maybe cut those amounts in halves, or thirds for the first time? And then if her skin doesn't react, maybe then just add a few drops each time?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It's beautiful warm and sunny here. The trees are blooming. I hope we don't have a cold snap that kills everything.

Roscoe

:hi: Been busy today...but sadly I don't think I got anything productive done. At least not until I got home and turned my attention to the ham room. I move my antique file cabinet in to the room, and tore apart an old dvd player that had quit. A little persuasion, and it works again. I am the man. :hypocrite:

MelodyB

Hello. I'm still here. I've been in and read some this week but didn't feel much like posting.

Things are over now. Funeral is done and everyone is gone back to their respective places in the world.

I have a move ahead of me now. My brothers have paid me two months advance on a one bedroom apartment here in this complex...but now I have to pack, move, have a yard sale to get to of the stuff I don't need or want or have room for, I need to find and buy a stackable washer and dryer for the new apt, and get a full time job to be able to support myself.

And I have till May 1st for the job thing.

*sigh*

I'm ok, really. It's just an adjustment. Gonna be difficult for awhile. I can do this. I just have to remember how.

Thanks for the prayers and support.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Today at 3pm we are having a funeral for a wonderful elder lady of our church. I have been asked to be a pallbearer and I consider it an honor. She was a bright spot in our church.

I hope they don't have a gloomy funeral planned, because that's not at all what she was like. But I think it would appeal to her sense of humor that the funeral is on Valentine's Day.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Helped Chel cook and cut about 25 briskets yesterday.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We also cooked about 20 or so pork loins. I almost forgot about those. She's doing fundraisers again.