News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Don't anybody get too close to me for the next couple of days. I might blow my nose on your shirt sleeve. I hate colds.

The kicker is I'm supposed to sing a solo tomorrow night. Maybe I'll sing "If you're happy and you know it... hold your nose and gently blow it... if you're happy and you know it, honk your horn."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Niki

I don't know if any of y'all remember the many times I posted about my husband, asking y'all to help me pray that he would get back in church. (He had quit church in early 2006.) In case anyone does remember, I wanted to let y'all know that he got back in church on March 15th of last year. When he's not out of town or out of state working, he is in church with us on Sundays and most Wednesday nights. :)
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Heather

Niki, I had often wondered what the outcome of your situation had been. So glad for an awesome report!!!!!

I really don't want to work today [or tomorrow] but alas.....also I still have a mountain of homework to get caught up with before monday. Piffle.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Niki!! I'm SO SO glad!! I've thought of you and prayed for you, even when I didn't take the time to tell you so. And I know it can be very wearying to continue answering questions about a situation that is extremely hurtful, so I haven't bombarded you with queries. But I'm SO pleased to hear your good news about answered prayer!!

Jason - Good. Grief. I would have been furious. I despise deceitful people.

Random sharing....
If anyone has ANY ideas about how to keep teen boys' laundry and bedroom and... err, SELVES... from smelling completely vile and making everyone around them want to vomit, I would love to hear suggestions. We force them (yes, I mean that literally in the case of one particular teen) to take daily showers and change clothes every day, but their room continues to reek. And every time their laundry is in the washer/dryer, the smell is so completely repulsive that I seriously want to vomit. Not kidding. The only thing close to help you understand the smell... well, you ever smelled something that has been dead for a really really long time and is rotting?? Think that. But on steroids. I only wish I was kidding.

Mr Teddy has two teeth now. And keeps trying them out on me. And then looks quite shocked when I smack him. LOL Poor child. I'm sure it's completely bewildering why biting your mommy isn't acceptable behavior. :roll:  :lol:

Miss Bella is being very very two this week. With a good dose of 16 thrown in for good measure.

Chris is applying for (second) job(s). Disheartened and discouraged. The two oldest really need to be helping out with expenses, but without jobs of their own... well, it's not like we can charge them rent, with no money. :smirk2: Here's hoping God opens up the right door(s) soon!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

Work was as ridiculous as I thought it would be. I had to work with crazy drunk man. He still doesn't remember threatening to kill me. He asked for a ride home. I obliged. He wanted to be dropped off at the gas station to buy beer.  :roll:

We are possible looking at moving out of our campus housing. We are discussing finding a house or townhouse with another couple. Could be interesting. We shall see.

Time for a shower and homework. Work tomorrow at the smoothie shop.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Happy to hear Nikki's news. I've wondered about that...
And in sharing, yesterday was grand. Got to move an old car off of my yard to my junkyard, and began work to bring my first truck to the shop to began work on it. then I enjoyed mowing the front yard and cleaning up, and a ride with a good friend in Rusty, capped off by some delicious smoked chicken.
 Today, that's past. I'm back at work, and I feel like crud. Sick as a dog. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Heather

Roscoe-when is your vacation toward my end of Tennessee?

Somehow motivation hit last night and I got a good chunk of homework done. I still have more than I'm comfortable with considering I have to work this afternoon.

Brandon was approached about a supervisor position with WM. Pay would jump from 10/hr to 15/hr but it's at a different store about 30 minutes away. Definitely something to consider since we are talking about possibly moving. Plus if we were to move to the midpoint between our college and his work place then, I'd be in the same town as church!

Lynx

Yay for living in the same town as your church!  I can't count how many times I have had to pop back home for an audio adapter or computer gadget someone needed to borrow. Every time I say thank you Lord I live 2.5 miles away.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

So I've been thinking about how simple the world could have been. God didn't have to make a complex ecosystem with millions of different kinds of animals and plants, all balancing each other out. God could have made us and grass, and us able to eat grass. It would make a slightly dull life for us but it would have worked.

But apparently God is an artist. With all the things to enjoy in this world it boggles the mind how anybody can be bored.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I had a new experience today. I had a chicken lick my arm.

Heather

Be careful PF!! It was tasting you!!!

Work was about as stupid as I suspected it would be. A line of people all day long going 'it's such a shame you are at work today missing out on all this sunshine'. My response in my head 'yes maam. thank you for making sure i have to work on sundays. especially beautiful ones.'

Roscoe

:hi: Feeling tons better today. I felt terrible yesterday....stomach bug, I guess. And Heather, we are supposed to be in that area starting Friday the 18th. I think that Elona and Jason are gonna try to wander down that Sunday and Monday....All that is fluid though, depending on how my job interview Wednesday goes.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 29, 2016, 12:53:02 AMWell, I had a new experience today. I had a chicken lick my arm.

I didn't even know chickens had tongues. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Got a 93 on my stats test! Bam! Currently in my hammock catching up on homework. It's such a beautiful day today. I'll just have to remember it as we are supposed to have rain for the next 4....

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 29, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 29, 2016, 12:53:02 AMWell, I had a new experience today. I had a chicken lick my arm.

I didn't even know chickens had tongues. lol
That's what adina said. This chicken is a little black bantam and it's tongue is kinda white.

Lynx

Well yank it out and fry it up. Nothing like a mess of fried chicken tongues.  :thumbsup2:

Okay I shouldn't have said that. I haven't eaten breakfast yet and now I don't want to...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Rainy. Nasty. Wish I  were at home. Getting butterflies over the job interview tomorrow. 
And In sharing,  last night I sliced a pork loin lengthwise,  stuffed with diced apples and onions, wrapped in bacon and smoked for 3 hours or so before basting with honey and letting it smoke another 30 minutes. It was divine.
And while I was waiting on that, I drug my beloved old Dodge home to be worked on. Twas a grand day..

taco_harvell

You've had a bad day when you literally have to start quoting ''be angry and sin not'' out loud to yourself in public. You also realize how intimidating that sounds coming from a person my size when people start backing up.

Heather

My pastor's wife opened her bakery doors today. The location they have came stocked with everything they would need. It had been closed though for at least 4 months. She sold out of cupcakes within 4.5 hours of being open. By the time I got out of class they were all gone.

It's been a good school day, but I feel completely unmotivated and blah this evening. Probably had something to due with going by my parents this evening after going home to vote in the primary. They always bring me down. Plus I was on edge driving back in the severe thunderstorm. I don't like driving at night or in the rain and here I was driving in them both.

Keva supposedly finally hired someone today. Thank ya Jesus!

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful day here. Supposed to get to 72*

Lynx

Bakery?

*perk*

Did someone say bakery? :D :D :D

Any cinnamon rolls left?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Interview went okay- I think. In any case, it's in God's hands. Supposed to have a few storms possible today, but be beautiful tomorrow- my day off...Ahhh...