News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

A day like any other day - Please read!

Started by Scott, April 10, 2011, 10:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

It was a Cold December Morning in a small town in Mid Michigan.  Bob got up and just like any other day drove to pick up an elderly lady and took her on her errands and then out for a quick bite of lunch.

Bob pulled into her driveway after the errands were finished and died!  Massive Heart Atack on the spot.

He did not wake up planning to die that day, he just intended to what he normally did and did not live out the day.

One year to the day later!

David was  returning home from work, he and a friend from church had been laughing and cutting up; telling jokes, talking sports, laughing and just enjoying life.

30 minutes after walking in his door - he died!

He did not wake up planning to die. When he was laughing and telling jokes, cutting up with a friend and enjoying himself, death was not on his mind.

A day just like any other day -

James 4:13-14 (3 diff translations - NIV, KJV, NSB)

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit." Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

A day just like any other day.

No plans to die that day. No plans for life to end!

How are you living your life right now?

Are YOU Ready for your ''Day just like any other day"?

Are you ready for that final tick on your life's clock? 

Deep down, where you live! Are you right with God?

If life were to end, if the Lord caught you away today, if Life as you know it now, ends, today - where will you spend eternity.

2 of my best friends went on to the Lord, neither planning to die, neither expected that next breath to be the final breath!

So -

Live for Jesus!

Enjoy your day!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Please do not consider the above as a downer. I just feel that someone needed to know this.

I was thinking back a few years when someone logged on to Godplace and left a Suicide note around midnight one evening. I just happened to log on a minute later and spent 3 hours on the phone with the Internet provider and the police. The Police made it to her house in time to save her life.

Life is not fair, life can be tough, problems and bad things happen to good people. We all go through up times and down times,  but no matter the situation, we can still have Jesus in our life and we can still make it.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle