News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

We know!  ;)  Think it's a family resemblance or something?  :cool:

:beret:

SippinTea

"For I have a great sense of obligation to people in our culture and to people in other cultures, to the educated and uneducated alike." (Rom. 1:14)

Can I truly claim that? Do I honestly have 'a great sense of obligation' to make sure others hear the Message? What lengths am I willing to go to, to see that they hear? Or perhaps a more accurate barometer would be--what am I currently doing to see that they hear? What energy, what resources, what personal convenience am I giving up for the sake of sharing the Good News? Or do I just say 'yes, I care that they don't know about God's grace' and then blissfully stay in my own little bubble of happiness?

Do I cluck my tongue at the wickedness?
     Do I turn my head at the sight of suffering?
          Do I walk away in disgust when they tell their sordid stories?
               Do I shake my head when I see the hurt and wonder at the cruelty they've been shown?
Or do I offer them a better Way?
     Run towards the suffering, and offer help and hope?
          Let them know I don't appreciate the sordid stories, but then tell them there is a happier, fulfilling life they could choose?
               Embrace the hurting, cry with them, and then offer them an introduction to the Healer of hearts, minds, and bodies?

"For it is not merely knowing the law that brings God's approval. Those who obey the law will be declared right in God's sight." (Rom 2:13)

"For the more we know God's law, the clearer it becomes that we aren't obeying it." (Rom 3:20b)

"No, O people, the Lord has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8 )

"But if you keep looking steadily into God's perfect law--the law that sets you free--and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it." (James 1:25)

More Meandering Meditations...

SippinTea

I remember reading a quote somewhere that said 'sin is trying to fill a legitimate need in an illegitimate way' (may not have been those exact words, but something to that effect). Makes sense to me. When there is a lack in our lives and we set out to fill it with anything other than God or His endorsed behaviors, we end up with something fake, a substitue, a cheap imitation.

Classicrambler

:thumbsup2:

One of my favorites:

"We should repent, not to be forgiven, but because we are forgiven!"

titushome

"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Classicrambler

Well, I just did...but I got it from Brennan Manning, and I can't remember how he worded it; so I wasn't going to blame him for my version.  :(

SippinTea

Mumbled (and Muddled) Musing...

Surrender is difficult. Even when you're sure you've made the right decision. May not understand the 'why' of what God says to do, but He never asked us to understand anyway, He just requires obedience. Doesn't mean it's easy.

Classicrambler

Sister_Mom

Quote from: SippinTea on April 19, 2007, 05:52:49 PM
Mumbled (and Muddled) Musing...

Surrender is difficult. Even when you're sure you've made the right decision. May not understand the 'why' of what God says to do, but He never asked us to understand anyway, He just requires obedience. *sigh* Doesn't mean it's easy.

You can never go wrong doing right, no matter what the cost. (My pastor said that last night.  :grin: )
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

That is true, Sis Mom. It's just that sometimes what is right and wrong gets a little cloudy when it's not something clearly spelled out in Scripture. My method for deciding is to follow Colossians 3:15--"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts..."  But even then, sometimes I'm not completely sure. It's easy to rely too much on feelings, and fool myself into thinking that's God's voice....when really it's just my wants or hopes or even fears.

Here is the latest installment in disjointed ramblings...

Esther 5:1-2
Esther 8:1-4
Never noticed before that Esther went TWICE before the king unbidden. Not sure that there is any great significance to that, except perhaps this: when you have once entered the presence of a King, and found yourself accepted, and listened to, and your requests granted....somehow I don't think the second entrance would be even half as frightening. Somehow I think you'd enter with more confidence.

Hebrews 4:16--Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

I John 5:14--This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

SippinTea

When I can't see the path:
James 1:5,6--If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

James 3:17--But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

When I don't get the answer I thought I would:
Psalm 84:11--For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Matthew 7:11--If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

James 1:17--Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

And when I'm confident of the promise, but the fulfillment doesn't seem to be appearing:
Heb. 11:1--Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Heb. 11:39-40a--These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us...

.....and we're back to that word TRUST. Trust Him to lead when I can't see the path....trust Him that the answers He gives are the right ones...trust Him to fulfill the promise in the right time and in the right way.

Why is it that I arrogantly assume I can arrange my life better than the King of Kings can? Completely ludicrous. And shows how pathetic I really am....

Okay, God...it's me again. I choose to trust You. All my questions, all my fears, all my hopes, all my wishes and dreams, all my insecurities, all my inadequacies, all the gifts you've already given me...I place them back in Your hands. But please, Jesus, use them to grow me more like You. My life is in Your hands...right where it belongs.

SippinTea

Okay, I'm know I'm rambling quite a bit today...but I've got the house all to myself and I'm enjoying the chance to spend some alone time with God.

Two songs keep running over and over through my head today. One is Renew Me (Avalon)...

"Why am I such a dusty window
For your light to shine through?
Why am I just a tiny star
In a sky already blue?
Why do I offer everything
With my heart closed like a fist?
I want to love You better than this

Why do I live like I'm in chains
When You have set me free?
And why do I have to break Your heart
Before I fall to my knees?
I know it's time to pray for change
Give all I have to give
I want to love You better than this

So renew me
Remake me
Undo me
Unbreak me
Come into the empty spaces
Of my broken places
And consume me
Complete me
Pursue me
Redeem me
Let Your Holy Spirit living through me
Renew me

I need You as my refuge
My first and last resort
Be the river always running
Through my deepest thoughts
Keep me in Your arms
'Cause even when I drift
I want to love You better than this"

The other is Alabaster Box (Winans)...

"I've come to pour my praise on Him like oil from Mary's alabaster box
Don't be angry if I wash his feet with my tears and I dry them with my hair
You weren't there the night he found me
You did not feel what I felt when he wrapped his love all around me
And you don't know the cost of the oil in my alabaster box"

No comments to add. The songs speak for themselves.

MelodyB

I love Alabaster Box, but you havent lived or FELT it till you have SEEN it.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

MelodyB

SippinTea

Scripture on my mind tonight:

John 14:27--Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Psalm 27:14--Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalm 31:24--Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Psalm 34:4-5--I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

Psalm 48:14--For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Psalm 55:22--Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Psalm 56:3--What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Psalm 62:8--Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.

I know this isn't a typical ramble....but since I started this thread, I guess it's okay. LOL

MelodyB

SippinTea

Psalm 138:8--The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.

1 Thessalonians 5:24--Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

This won't come as a surprise to you, but....I'm a work in progress. And I'm hoping that God will take even my mistakes and use them for good. Ever let fear cloud your thinking? Yeah, me too.

If it was somebody else talking this way, I could probably give them some answers. As it is, I'm at a loss for words. So...all I can do is hang on to the above verses, and hope God is still leading my steps. Strange, isn't it....how easy it is to see answers for other people, but not so easy to see them for your life?

Hmmmm...that brings to mind another verse:

Matthew 7:3--And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

*ramble ramble ramble*

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on April 29, 2007, 11:45:34 PM
*ramble ramble ramble*

"Rumble, rumble, rumble.
  Mutiny, mutiny, mutiny." - from The United States of America, a Stan Freberg production.

SippinTea

newkris

good stuff.  lots to think about. 

work in progress. on the Potter's wheel.  not where I want to be, not where I thought I'd be, not where He's taking me. 
growing.
changing.
stretching beyond my ability.

and all along the way . . . learning.

compassion - mostly - blood breeds compassion, you know.  ever been really hurt?  yeah, next time you see someone hurt in the same way you don't feel casually bad - you feel their hurt.

grace - abundance grows out of adversity when you realize how very much God really does care for you - personally - specifically.

no reason to close into yourself if you realize that all of the complications of life have made you an even better person, more valuable to the world around you.

in the words of a wise friend of mine:  YOUR WORTH IS FAR GREATER THAN YOU KNOW.  ONLY LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH GOD. 

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sister_Mom

So many wonderful ramblings in here. Good stuff all around. But your ramblings are especially hitting me to the core this morning Kris. Thanks, I needed to see that.  :great:

Still praying for you.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

titushome

Quote from: newkris on May 01, 2007, 12:11:39 PM
in the words of a wise friend of mine:  YOUR WORTH IS FAR GREATER THAN YOU KNOW.  ONLY LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH GOD. 

Where's that GP quotes thread?  That's one for the record.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine