News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

Newsman

Don't worry, dear (Stacey), I'll just hold Yoop responsible for stressing you so!

John/IBOB  :waving:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: TheGirl on November 21, 2010, 07:57:27 AM
oh dear ...

Quote from: Newsman on November 21, 2010, 11:32:09 AM
Don't worry, dear (Stacey), I'll just hold Yoop responsible for stressing you so!

John/IBOB  :waving:

Another instance... hmmm...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

oh dear ...

Now you've got her begging her "dear" for forgiveness and understanding. Way to go,YYD. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on November 21, 2010, 06:56:47 PM
oh dear ...

Now you've got her begging her "dear" for forgiveness and understanding. Way to go,YYD. :lol:

:biglaugh:

Just trying help out...   :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

kkay

I think it has been said by others, but I would say it depends what he says about the other girls. My boyfriend talks about girls he works with and his friends' girlfriends but it's usually something they've done or said that he tells me about. I like the fact  that he can tell me about these things because it shows me that he's not hiding anything  :thumbsup2: So...does he talk about other girls romantically or does he just say he saw them...or they did something interesting...?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

upcchris

Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Lynx

I'm not confusing, I'm confused!  Big difference upcchris.

I do think I have a lot more fun though.  If I were not permanently confused life would be a lot more boring.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: upcchris on March 15, 2011, 02:55:40 AM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on March 14, 2011, 02:56:13 AM
Girls are confusing and distressing... lol

you've also just defined blokes in general.

I love that word! I really need to come to Australia so I can hear it in person when it is said! LOL... that or we need to do a GP skype call, with you on it... lol. The only thing better than a sweet southern accent is an Aussie or English accent...! LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

British people use that word too.....probably more so than Aussies.

LOL, I'm Australian born and bred. I say g'day, I use the words bloke and fancy instead of guy and like. I probably use some other Australian coloquialisms too, although I don't think my accent is recognizably Australian.

I think the bottom line as to why the opposite genders are confused by each other has a lot to do with vulnerability issues; to put your heart on the line makes you feel incredibly vulnerable - and no-one likes that feeling...so when either gender is completely straightforward with the object of their affection about the way they feel about them, they're putting a lot on the line, and always running the risk of rejection if the affection is not reciprocated.

To that end, very few are willing to take the risk - especially when they're talking to you about someone else they may like.

Just my 5c
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

EricShane

theres a brittish girl that works at the pet store and for so long I thought she was aussie! lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

RainbowJingles

Crazy thread.  *shaking my head*

I recall the phone calls from one particular gentleman when he simply called because he wanted to have someone to talk to...  to share ...  someone to listen to him talk about loss...  and about the wonderful life that he had enjoyed with the woman he loved that God saw fit to take Home to be with Him long before what seemed like her time.

And then I recall the evening he told me that it somehow went from needing to talk about her to just wanting to hear my voice...

:chairspinud:

My final analysis on this one: if he confides in you, he trusts you...  regardless of the topic.  And trust is a mighty good thing upon which to build a relationship.

Newsman