News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ex 9:1-7

Started by clark thompson, October 06, 2013, 12:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Exodus 9:1-7

King James Version (KJV)

9 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

2 For if thou refuse to let them go, and wilt hold them still,

3 Behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thy cattle which is in the field, upon the horses, upon the asses, upon the camels, upon the oxen, and upon the sheep: there shall be a very grievous murrain.

4 And the Lord shall sever between the cattle of Israel and the cattle of Egypt: and there shall nothing die of all that is the children's of Israel.

5 And the Lord appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the Lord shall do this thing in the land.

6 And the Lord did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died: but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one.

7 And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go.

Exodus 9:1-7

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

9 ΒΆ Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go that they may serve me.

2 For if thou refuse to let them go and wilt hold them still,

3 behold, the hand of the LORD is upon thy livestock which are in the field, upon the horses, upon the asses, upon the camels, upon the cows, and upon the sheep: there shall be a very grievous pestilence.

4 And the LORD shall separate between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt so that nothing shall die of all that is of the sons of Israel.

5 And the LORD appointed a set time, saying, Tomorrow the LORD shall do this thing in the land.

6 And the next day the LORD did that thing, and of all the livestock of Egypt many died, but of the livestock of the sons of Israel not one died.

7 Then Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the livestock of the sons of Israel dead. But the heart of Pharaoh hardened, and he did not let the people go.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)
2000, 2001, 2010 by LIFE SENTENCE Publishing

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Moses done this before every plague was sent but Pharaoh did not ever listen. Pharaoh most recently decided to let the people go but then changed his mind after the plague was taken away.

2 Another warning from God given by Moses, you think Moses would listen to God's word and let His people go but we often reject the truth before we are filled with the truth.

3 People this God attacked the land but after this the plagues get worse and attack the animals and the people. God starts to lose his patience with Pharaoh. The Egyptian god of protection was taken out here by God and they found no protection.

4 This was to show that God could protect but nothing else could. God is where there is safety. Israel would not be affected by any of the later plagues. I think they were not affected by any of the plague though.

5 Pharaoh had a day to decide he is given less time than before as God loses His patience.

6 So at this point Egypt had the Nile turn to blood, frogs invade the land, flies, and lice. Now their cattle was dead but it was about to get even worst as the plagues continued.

7 Pharaoh's heart was hardened again much like the times before soon God would harden Pharaoh's heart. Pharaoh again does not let God's people go.
The Lord made a Way.