News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

My faith boost of the week

Started by SippinTea, July 02, 2013, 02:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Saturday night -
For some reason a friend came to mind. The friend who gave me free massage during my pregnancy, knowing there was no possible way I could pay her with my hubby not working currently. Sometimes she let me swap her ToB stuff for a massage. Sometimes she just did it because she cared that I was hurting and didn't take payment OR a swap. Anyhow, my back has been really bothering me lately, and I had thought numerous times about calling her, but I really hate asking for favors (even though I know she'd be very disturbed if she knew I was hurting and didn't call), and besides that... finding an hour where I even COULD get a massage would be next to impossible most days. In the middle of my sort of rambling thoughts about massage and my friend and how sweet she'd been to me, this thought suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks: TAKE HER A BOX OF FOOD. So then I found myself thinking "hmm.. we're on foodstamps. And I do budget. I could definitely swap her a box of food for a massage. Someday. When I actually have time to go see her." And then it hit me again. TAKE HER A BOX OF FOOD. This time there wasn't any thought of swapping food for massage. I suddenly realized God was just giving me a command. Not a thought for the future. Okay then. I can do this. I told hubby that I felt like God was telling me we should take her a box of food, that I hadn't talked to her in ages, and I didn't have a clue what was going on, but that I felt pretty strongly that it was indeed God giving me orders. He didn't even ask any questions, just said "Okay then, we'll do that." I texted her, told her I needed to drop something by her house on Sunday afternoon if she'd be home. She said she wouldn't be home til after 6. I knew we'd have a weird Sunday schedule (long story) but told her I would try to make it work (and intended to MAKE it happen - somehow). It felt a bit weird. I mean, I don't generally go around saying "God told me ____" but I really felt like He had. But what if I showed up with food, and she said "Sweet of you, but we have plenty of food." And then I'd feel pretty stupid. But on the other hand....... it almost felt like more of a test from God. Not sure how to explain it. But it kinda felt like He was saying "if you are obedient, you'll be blessed. If not....." Well, I didn't want to think about that. In any case, I wasn't sure that the point was the food for her, or a test of obedience for me. Either way, I planned to do what I felt like I should do.

Sunday afternoon -
We show up at her house, and she's in the driveway with her hubby. She smiles and waves as we pull up, and walks to meet us as we get out. Chris grabs the big box, I grab the little box.
Her (smiling): Hey! What's up?
Me: God told me to bring you this.
Her (quick look at the box Chris is carrying, suddenly looks more sober): Do you know.... we don't have any food in the house. I mean.... NONE.

Yep. Guess I did in fact hear from God.

Oh, and I should mention.......
Sunday morning at church we were handed a check of considerable amount.

Maybe I heard God right about that test thing, too.

Regardless, I'm REALLY glad I paid attention. Sometimes I don't listen well. SO glad I did this time. And I intend to work harder at that whole listening to God thing. I can't imagine how horrible I would feel if it was ME that didn't deliver groceries to someone when it was my assignment.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Niki

When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

WHOA.

:great:

Glad  you obeyed God and was able to bless someone in need. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

clark thompson

God's blessing are good and all believers have many things to be thankful for if they just look. I am glad to here how you were blessed.
The Lord made a Way.