News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cancer and Coma

Started by Niki, March 12, 2013, 11:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niki

Pray for my mom. She's been diagnosed with uterine cancer. It was caught really early, so the doctor says chemo won't be necessary and she isn't going to die. She has to have surgery next week.

A guy I've known since I was a teenager is in a coma. He went to the hospital with pneumonia and there have been serious compications. The doctors have done all they can do. Now it's in God's hands. Mike is only 35 years old and has four young children. I think he's also backslidden.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Niki

Mike passed away yesterday morning. His funeral is this Saturday at 2:00 at the church in Fayetteville, NC. Keep his family in prayer.

Melody

I'm so sorry to hear that Niki.   :sadbounce:

Niki

My mom found out Monday that the cancer is stage 2. She is scheduled for surgery on April 11th. They'll be removing her uterus, ovaries, and cervix. She may or may not need chemotherapy. They haven't said for sure yet about that. Prayers appreciated.

Niki

My mom had surgery Thursday, April 25th. She stayed overnight, but is home now recovering. She's in a little pain (meds help), of course, and is taking things slowly. Lymph nodes were removed (in addition to cervix, uterus, and ovaries) and will be tested. She should find out later this week or sometime next week what the results are.

The Purple Fuzzy

Praying for good results.

Niki

Of the 13 lymph nodes removed, cancer was found in one of them. She will have to have chemo and radiation beginning in 2-3 weeks. We don't know yet how long or how often. The doctor said this is just a pre-caution.

We also found out that her cancer was actually stage 3 rather than the stage 2 they thought it was prior to surgery. The cancer was halfway through the uterine wall.