Evidence that the Apostolic Truth Reached Great Britain by the Second Century

Started by Scott, February 26, 2012, 06:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

http://www.apostolicnews.org/2012/02/evidence-that-the-apostolic-truth-reached-great-britain-by-the-second-century/

(quoted in part)
MICHIGAN – January 14, 2012. In a recent interview with the British apostolic historian and author, Mr. Kulwant Singh Boora, who was kind enough to share with Apostolic News some insight into his recent forthcoming publication entitled "British Views on The Oneness of God With Observations on The Doctrine of The Trinity" which has unearthed a number of important studies that suggest that the apostles' doctrine reached the shores of the United Kingdom sometime in the second or third century.
What is interesting in author's study is that he cites to several British authorities and scholars that express the view that the ancient British church held to a high Christology of the God in Christ or Jesus is God theology as explained in the New Testament. It has also cited to several scholars, one in particular from Oxford University who has defended the view that the British Celtic church was ex-communicated by Roman authorities for baptizing in the name of Jesus only in seventh century in England.

In addition to this, the book has also cited another British scholar from central England who follows the same line of thinking as the British Oxford theologian that the Celtic Church was ex-communicated for baptizing in the name of Jesus only, coupled with evidence that an ancient tribe in the ninth century may have also cited to such a formula as contained in Acts 2:38 with such evidence being preserved in Great Britain. The work also notes the interesting comments of a renowned British and international scholar (who was also noted for his work in America and Canada) who begged the realistic question that whether we are afraid to admit that it was God who came down to us in Jesus as oppose to the second person of the trinity, thereby alluding sabellian view of God.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

BroTrey

I like the idea, but I would have preferred that the article would have named names rather than just elude to people.

I have heard great things about other books by the author, so it might be worth my time....IF he puts out an eformat version.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill