News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

And the LORD said unto Gideon

Started by yosemite, June 07, 2010, 02:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

Jud 7:5  So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink.
Jud 7:7  And the LORD said unto Gideon, By the three hundred men that lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midianites into thine hand: and let all the other people go every man unto his place.

1. the people who didnt get aboard!!
Ge 7:23  And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
2. the first chosen
De 14:2  For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
3. the gentiles
Mt 15:26  But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27  And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

one group went back home of their own accord. the next group was sent home. the next was chosen to fight.
the dog is generally talked of as gentile, that linked me to this subject. could this be a fore shadowing of the water,(spirit) dog,(gentile) and lapping tongue,(as in tongues of evedence).
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

nwlife

I think the bible is full of symbolism at places, but I think it would be stretching too far to read more than what is written in this passage.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

yosemite

Quote from: nwlife on June 14, 2010, 11:10:14 AM
I think the bible is full of symbolism at places, but I think it would be stretching too far to read more than what is written in this passage.

How so?
God chooses to whom the kingdom is reserved for, such as he did in the battle of Gideon when he chose the victors.

1. those who dont beleive or are affraid.  (sent away)

2. those who try to come up some other way, as a theif and a robber.   (sent back to his place)

3. those who are chosen to be victors.   (won the war and claimed their victory)

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

nwlife

I was refering to the part you highlighted in judges " Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth"....
The only thing it "might" fortell (and it's a stretch) is those in the vineyard movement that started howling in services, and being led by the ties as a dog on a leash, and even there the following part of that setting was to set them by themselves and let them go on their own path seeking their own ways, like the clouds being blown by the wind.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

yosemite

well we must be seeing differently. please go on and explain.

nwlife

1. there is nothing in that setting of judges to "Infer that it symbolizes" something.  It is not a parable, only a statement of what is happening in that time and space of how men were drinking at the river.
2.  the only "stretch" would have refered to the vineyard movement....just look at youtube and you will find many videos of socalled worship that has no place outside of voodoo.

yosemite

Quote from: nwlife on June 14, 2010, 10:43:34 PM
1. there is nothing in that setting of judges to "Infer that it symbolizes" something.  It is not a parable, only a statement of what is happening in that time and space of how men were drinking at the river.
<<<<yes, but the Tabernacle was not a parable, and Jesus is the Tabernacle spoken of in the old & new testment.

2.  the only "stretch" would have refered to the vineyard movement....just look at youtube and you will find many videos of socalled worship that has no place outside of voodoo.

A stretch by opinion only. dont do the tube!! got dial up, to slow!! you'll have to explain verbaly. well by discription on scripture only though. i dont care for hearing of witch craft and their ins and outs.

yosemite

Quote from: nwlife on June 14, 2010, 10:43:34 PM

the tabernacle in the wilderness is a symbolism though it is not a parable and it foreshadows Christ. even the funiture of the tabernacle foreshadowed Christ. the furniture was layed out to form a cross. explain to me how Gideon's army doesnt foreshadow what i have layed out. I do feel there is something that i am missing, but am on the right track on the symbolism.

Melody

just heard a sermon on this.

The enemy in this story: their name somehow was connected to lapping water.  God chose the men who knew their enemy.  They were paying attention to the facts and being prepared. 

I'll ask Nathan if he remembers any more specifics on the sermon.

yosemite

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 23, 2010, 04:40:57 AM
just heard a sermon on this.

The enemy in this story: their name somehow was connected to lapping water.  God chose the men who knew their enemy.  They were paying attention to the facts and being prepared. 

I'll ask Nathan if he remembers any more specifics on the sermon.

thanks.  :thumbsup2:

nwlife

Dividing this into 2 parts.

Since most of you strictly believe that the pentecostal experience is essential to salvation, look at the passage (judges 5:5-7) from that perspective- salvation.  For this is the only possible logical symbolism that could even begin to be inferred.

1. group 1, God sent them packing right off, representing those who the word of God when preached never took root.  Their desire for the world was too strong so No grace of God was imparted to them to receive the gospel.
2. the group sent home for lapping like dogs.  Nothing about foretelling pentecostal outpouring.  This group never got any part of the reward at all.  The closest to this in the new testament would probably be those who come and say to God, Lord, look at all we have done for you, Have we not done great things in your name?  And he says, Depart from me, I never knew you.  These were the tares, the ones who are “all about me” and nothing about God.  They are the ones who could do all the motions, but never were regenerate in their hearts. They are the ones who God tolerated, but ultimate rejected so that his majesty and riches of his mercy and glory would be more evident to those he has elected for salvation.  (Romans 9:22-24)
3. The 300 that were left.  These were the ones that God Chose.  They were the representation of the ones God would choose to regenerate, to impart grace unto, to give the reward of his Spirit to.   These were the few God has destined to be come his Elect. (Acts 13:48 Act. 4:27-28, Rom. 8:28-30, Jeremiah 1:5, Eph. 1:3-5)

God “called” all 30,000 or so people to war.  He only “Chose” 300.
When you look at it, It’s very simple, the ones “Lapping” up the water are still part of those that God rejected, regardless of when the rejection took place. God chooses who will be the elect of God, those that will be saved.  So those that God rejects have no part in the reward of salvation. So how can that which God rejects with no hope be a symbol of those who God elects? They can not be.

nwlife

[Part 2}
To infer that the “lapping dogs” are the gentiles who become pentecostal  can be a very dangerous thought.  For there is nothing there to infer that.  It is almost as bad as saying Jeremiah 31:31-34 is foretelling of the immaculate hearts of Christ and Mary that will save mankind in the end times as the catholics believe.

Pentecostal history is full of people saying we gathered our beliefs through dreams and revelations of the Spirit through the word of God. And Pentecostals still say that God is still working primarily through those means.   If  this is so, then it means Pentecostals need to be very wary of anything that might seem to be a new revelation and not accept it at first glance.  That is how Todd Bentley and his “bam“ miracles, the Toronto Blessing movement with it’s dog howling and cow mooing “worship” (Those who go seeking any new “signs“), and the TBN crowd (Benny Hinn, Jessie Duplantis, Joyce Meyers, Steve Munsey) and other prosperity gospel proponents is saturating the pentecostal movement.  And  one of many  great reasons why I choose freely to follow the Leading Of God out of the pentecostal movement.

If this is enough to get my access to the godplace forum cut, to where I can’t even log in, so be it.  I stand where I have to stand.

yosemite

Quote from: nwlife on June 24, 2010, 03:38:32 PM
Dividing this into 2 parts.

Since most of you strictly believe that the pentecostal experience is essential to salvation, look at the passage (judges 5:5-7) from that perspective- salvation.  For this is the only possible logical symbolism that could even begin to be inferred.

1. group 1, God sent them packing right off, representing those who the word of God when preached never took root.  Their desire for the world was too strong so No grace of God was imparted to them to receive the gospel.
2. the group sent home for lapping like dogs. ( you err in your studies!!) Nothing about foretelling pentecostal outpouring.  This group never got any part of the reward at all.  The closest to this in the new testament would probably be those who come and say to God, Lord, look at all we have done for you, Have we not done great things in your name?  And he says, Depart from me, I never knew you.  These were the tares, the ones who are "all about me" and nothing about God.  They are the ones who could do all the motions, but never were regenerate in their hearts. They are the ones who God tolerated, but ultimate rejected so that his majesty and riches of his mercy and glory would be more evident to those he has elected for salvation.  (Romans 9:22-24)

the ones who lapped like dogs were the 300 who went to receive victory!! lapped at water with tongues!!drank of water= spirit, tongues=Holy Ghost with evidence.

3. The 300 that were left.  These were the ones that God Chose.  They were the representation of the ones God would choose to regenerate, to impart grace unto, to give the reward of his Spirit to.   These were the few God has destined to be come his Elect. (Acts 13:48 Act. 4:27-28, Rom. 8:28-30, Jeremiah 1:5, Eph. 1:3-5)

God "called" all 30,000 or so people to war.  He only "Chose" 300.
When you look at it, It's very simple, the ones "Lapping" up the water are still part of those that God rejected, regardless of when the rejection took place. God chooses who will be the elect of God, those that will be saved.  So those that God rejects have no part in the reward of salvation. So how can that which God rejects with no hope be a symbol of those who God elects? They can not be.

good study. just polish up the rough edges and you'll get it.

yosemite

Quote from: nwlife on June 24, 2010, 03:39:31 PM
[Part 2}
To infer that the “lapping dogs” are the gentiles who become pentecostal  can be a very dangerous thought.I dont tend to cement myself to that thought, only that God said he would make a people of those who wernt a people to make his people jellous.
For there is nothing there to infer that.  It is almost as bad as saying Jeremiah 31:31-34 is foretelling of the immaculate hearts of Christ and Mary that will save mankind in the end times as the catholics believe.

Pentecostal history is full of people saying we gathered our beliefs through dreams and revelations of the Spirit through the word of God. And Pentecostals still say that God is still working primarily through those means.   If  this is so, then it means Pentecostals need to be very wary of anything that might seem to be a new revelation and not accept it at first glance.  That is how Todd Bentley and his “bam“ miracles, the Toronto Blessing movement with it’s dog howling and cow mooing “worship” (Those who go seeking any new “signs“), and the TBN crowd (Benny Hinn, Jessie Duplantis, Joyce Meyers, Steve Munsey) and other prosperity gospel proponents is saturating the pentecostal movement.  And  one of many  great reasons why I choose freely to follow the Leading Of God out of the pentecostal movement.

If this is enough to get my access to the godplace forum cut, to where I can’t even log in, so be it.  I stand where I have to stand.

you have bad seed no matter where you go. where ever you do go, there will always be Jesus!! in defence of pentecostals though, moses didnt have scripture for the red sea opening!! it just happened as God made it to.
there will be new revelations and happenings till the end of time. we just have to make sure we are in tune with the word.
Joh 1:50  Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
Joh 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

you aint goin no where for what you said!! there has been much worse said, and the vandals are still here. LOL but really you havent furthered any study i have already covered. you came up with almost the same thing, except you erred in who was chosen.