News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

...Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones...

Started by The Cold Water Kid, March 05, 2010, 07:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cold Water Kid

A thought occurred to me the other day. I'd like to run it by the experts here to see if it holds water.

I was thinking about Moses and the tablets, and how God required Moses to chisel out the second set after he'd destroyed the first. Can this be seen as a type of Christ? God provided Jesus and wrote His Law on his heart, but now it seems the man of God must prepare the hearts of the people through preaching and teaching to make it ready for God's Laws to be written there. The stones (hearts) must be prepared before they can receive God's Word.

RainbowJingles

I'll have to come back to this one.

The LORD said to Moses, "Cut for yourself two tablets of stone like the first, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke.
Exodus 34:1 (ESV)

yosemite

the first set of stones may be thought of as the first adam and the second as the second adam that restored the broken stones but it is a stretch, but im no expert either.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther