Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer

Started by johndoherty, December 06, 2008, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolinessPK

n/a

Jallen

I remember a sermon I heard a few years ago. The Pastor was talking about a man who'd decided he would disprove that speaking in tongues is a language. He came to a few services with a recording device intent on later analyzing what he heard. On the last night he was there an altar call was given. God spoke to him and told him if he didn't go down to the altar and repent he would die; God would take his life. The man went to the altar, prayed through, and as far as I know is still living for God.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: HolinessPK on January 18, 2009, 08:00:19 AM
God did create this world in 6 days, 6000 years ago, like the Bible says and its provable. The oldest tree in the world, under 4500 years old. The oldest coral reef.......under 4500 years old. The oldest desert..........under 4500 years old.
The oldest living plant is 11,000 years old--A creosote bush in the Mojave Desert.  The oldest living tree is a Bristle Cone Pine in California.  It was 4,789 years old when dated by core sample in 1957.  An older one was 4,844 years old when it was cut down in 1964.

Quote from: HolinessPK on January 18, 2009, 08:00:19 AMMy answer - Read Josephus for one.
The passage in the writings of Josephus often quoted as evidence of the existence of Jesus was not even written by Jospehus.  It was a 4th century addition believed to have been added by a Catholic priest named Eusebius.  In fact, Origen, an earlier historian who knew Josephus' works well, expressly affirmed that Josephus had never acknowledged Christ.

Move along, nothing to see here.

eager4TRUTH

Well I must say reading that was very interesting.  If we don't have logic to discern scripture well what can I say. W must have  Logic to be able to make a rational  decission is how we prove that which we believe.   Lets take the big bang theory, Angels with wings,  One God versus trinity, and other things as was there a place called UR or Babylon or any other thing which the Word of God says as four corners, reaches to heaven, to name a few. A lot of these things has been proved by the very people that was trying to disprove the Word of God.  Have they not proved a place call Nineveh, and a place where Daniel was put to be eaten by lions.  This just gives me more faith in that which I believe.  Now the big bang theory is said to be fact well if be then what made the thing that went bang, the scientist say also there is life on other planets so what put them there?  My Bible says God did whose Name is Jesus.   The tree that reached heaven well that be easy we walk in one type of heaven and the birds fly in another and planes in another and space ship still in another.  Paul even said he went to third heaven and the Word of God says there is the heaven of heavens.  Now what about Jesus being tempted the kingdoms of the world.   Any person with the least bit of knowledge should know that one kingdom would represent all that satan was offerring to JESUS.  I do use logic to understand God's Word  if what is said in the N.T. is not backed by the O.T.  did not Christ and the Apostles teach from the O.T.  Scientists and Archeologists and
others are absolutely proving the Bible infalible.  One thing for sure without faith you are lost anyway  remember Stephen.....