News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Gog?

Started by drummr, August 22, 2008, 06:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummr

I know there is much debate over the identity of Gog from Ezekiel 38 - 39, but
looking at this as being Russia makes the events of the last few weeks particularly
interesting.

Ezekiel 38
10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

So, if this is Russia, we are certainly seeing the same attitude that will ultimately lead to an attack on Israel.

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Wow!  Sounds like the western alliance protesting, much like we are doing today with Georgia.

Moving to Ezekiel 39:3
And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.

Sounds a lot like missle defense . . .
"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"
1 Peter 1:22

World Traveler

It sounds a lot like Russia from the days when it was the USSR.

Hmmm, sounds like Germany during the 1930's, too.

There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

drummr

Yes it does, however there are characteristics of this battle that
describe neither Germany or the USSR during those particular times.
"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"

onli-one-jehovi

I'm not quite sure this is the time or not. I know it's close. Further along in Chap 39, it speaks of a world war occuring at the same time. That could happen quickly.

My concern is not so much over Israel, per se, but over America. I believe America to be Babylon - in one sense - and Jeremiah tells how an enemy from the north, with men from all the coasts, will destroy her. He speaks of the Medes {modern day arabs} who have been stirred up and driven mad by her deeds.

Let's face it, we'll probably be toast before Gog goes after Israel. Can't say that we don't deserve it. The nation that is. America is prodding the bear. How smart was it to foment a conflict on Russia's borders? Russia isn't Iraq. Russia will bite back - hard! I fear our foolish, blind leaders have quaranteed a nuclear exchange - sooner rather than later. I expect the next major move will be to dump all their reserve dollars back into the economy, prompting other nations to do the same. That happens, we're in a shambles as the dollar collapses. This will probably cause stronger martial law, as well as another limited Civil War; further weakening our defenses.

Then all it would take would be a couple of EMP's over the country, nuke a few cities and all the silos, troops to swoop down from Alaska, up from Florida & Mexico, west from California, and east thru the Carolinas. It would be over relatively soon. All our troops are off "defending democracy" everywhere but here. We're defenseless.

Bleak, I know. But it's gonna happen in one form or another. The foolishness begun the last 7 yrs is going to kill us all. This is the time. This is the generation. Pure relationship with the Lord will save us. Prepare for the night. Prepare to really shine. The harvest is here.
Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

Scott

Gog and Magog appear to be Russia and Iran
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

drummr

Quote from: Scott on August 22, 2008, 10:14:25 PM
Gog and Magog appear to be Russia and Iran

Could be.  If Israel was to attack Iran now, this scenario could be quickly fulfilled.