News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Hello everyone.

Been a busy few days.  Im feeling it today.  :yawn:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been fixing busted water lines a little at a time. They were wrapped pretty good. We had stuff freeze that has NEVER frozen. It's a pain.

Roscoe

We survived with no visible damage that I could tell this morning. Not sure if my antennas are all okay- I intend to check when we get home tonight.
And in sharing- had a wonderful weekend. Mini and I, at Rainbow Jingles' instigation, jumped in Mini's ride and pulled out of my house Friday morning about 4 am. Went over to ze Taco and clown's area to surprise the decrepit old guy for his 40-0th birthday.
 It was a very time limited trip, so there weren't a lot of stops...but it was epic.
 A few things learned are, in no particular order:
1) that Mini's ride has a nagging warning symbol/tone if you cross a center or fog line and his GPS gets testy when it is ignored.
2) Mini sometimes sounds like a Freightliner's jake brake going down a hill when he goes to sleep
3) I should never try to talk and answer Lou's texts at the same time, as it results in me calling folks things I don't mean to
4) Virginia is beautiful
5)Mini has a weakness for chicken.
6)Arkansas is the most beautiful sight ever after a 2000 mile trip.
7) It IS possible for a secret to be kept
8) Taco sputters like a Model T when he's surprised

We pretty much rolled on the interstate. Stopped briefly at Nashville, where we checked a bucket list item- we ate at White Castle. Meh. They okay. I wouldn't drive out of the way for them though.
Sadly, despite the fun, I find myself back at work today...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 22, 2018, 06:56:58 PM1) that Mini's ride has a nagging warning symbol/tone if you cross a center or fog line and his GPS gets testy when it is ignored.

It should also be noted that Roscoe is flat out jumpy when driving.  Phone rings and comes through the radio system, he jumps.  You roll down a window to take a picture and he nearly says a wirty dird.  :ugly:

Quote2) Mini sometimes sounds like a Freightliner's jake brake going down a hill when he goes to sleep

And Roscoe sounds about the same way...

Quote3) I should never try to talk and answer Lou's texts at the same time, as it results in me calling folks things I don't mean to

We are driving along.  I make a offhand comment about the weather or something.  He says something along the lines of "I agree, baby."  I look at him.  I say "What did you just say?!?"  The look of horror that crossed his face was priceless.

Quote4) Virginia is beautiful

I agree.  Kudos on the beautiful state.

And while this photo was in Tennessee, this was a beautiful place too!

Quote5)Mini has a weakness for chicken.

I also agree.  And why did it take me so long to find this place?!?

However, I would like to point out that I took you to a Chicken Express and you ordered $36 worth of chicken, not me.  And just look at this crazed look of sheer joy you had on your face.

Quote6)Arkansas is the most beautiful sight ever after a 2000 mile trip.

See?  You had to go ruin the moment.  Oklahoma is the most beautiful sight...
Quote7) It IS possible for a secret to be kept

Poor JinbowRingles, she was about to die trying to keep the surprise!  LOL
Quote8) Taco sputters like a Model T when he's surprised

That he does...LOL

QuoteStopped briefly at Nashville, where we checked a bucket list item- we ate at White Castle. Meh. They okay. I wouldn't drive out of the way for them though.

Yeah.  White Castle was not the best.  Its off my bucket list now, but McDonald's dollar burgers has better flavor and is much cheaper.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

I would like to also add that after nearly 40 years of searching, I found someone shorter than Roscoe!

And the 3 bubbas all in one place.

Well, two Sasquatches and a leprechaun...

RainbowJingles

Goodness. It took 6 tries to remember my password! Methinks perhaps I should maybe come in here more often? lol

One word: WOW!

Pulling off an epic surprise for your spouse is ALMOST worth the last-minute pressure. lol Okay... it IS worth it. lol  It is just NOT easy!

I mean, how many times in 3 hours can you play the "just trust me" card?

But that shell-shocked moment when 2 completely unexpected friends show up at his car door... now THAT was...

...ummm... no words, y'all.  Yup. You heard it here first: rainbowjingles has no words. lol  I am still savoring the indescribable feeling of being able to name it, plan it and help execute it.  *contented sigh*

sunlight

That is awesome. :grin: I wish we could have made it! I'm glad you guys went!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on January 22, 2018, 07:50:51 PM
Quote3) I should never try to talk and answer Lou's texts at the same time, as it results in me calling folks things I don't mean to

We are driving along.  I make a offhand comment about the weather or something.  He says something along the lines of "I agree, baby."  I look at him.  I say "What did you just say?!?"  The look of horror that crossed his face was priceless.
Literally laughed out loud at this one.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Morning all. Beginning my day by tormenting Taco and Mini. I have a LOOOONG day ahead,- not alot of people scheduled to see, just endless paperwork...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Lynx

I agreed to come to work tomorrow on my day off, because the person who should be here tomorrow is sick.

Now the manager who asked me to come in tomorrow is being a total turd. Not being a turd about me coming in tomorrow, she's just always got an attitude. I am currently asking myself WHY IN THE WORLD did I agree to come in tomorrow?

*sigh*

At least I don't have Bobby's wayward children to chase after.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

My radio was just delivered here at the office. This next 30 minutes needs to hurry up so I can go home and test it out...

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on January 23, 2018, 10:08:22 PMMy radio was just delivered here at the office. This next 30 minutes needs to hurry up so I can go home and test it out...

The same one that was doa?

Heather

I know yall drove right through Bristol and not so much as a 'hey weirdo'.....i choose to feel forgotten.....

It's husbands birthday and he has had classes/work all day. I did make him salted caramel brownies though for this evening.

Still haven't heard anything along the job front. Had to give myself an attitude adjustment pep talk yesterday.

Mel-I'm trying to figure out how to get to southern MS again this year. I'll have to see how the work situation unfolds and if me and mom go on our beach trip in the fall.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on January 23, 2018, 10:43:40 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 23, 2018, 10:08:22 PMMy radio was just delivered here at the office. This next 30 minutes needs to hurry up so I can go home and test it out...

The same one that was doa?
No. A better one.
Quote from: Heather on January 23, 2018, 11:08:17 PMI know yall drove right through Bristol and not so much as a 'hey weirdo'.....i choose to feel forgotten.....

Actually, we talked about you and thought about trying to find you, but we didn't know where exactly you were working.
We rolled through pretty quick getting out there to see Taco, and didn't spare the horses on the way back either.

So, we DID say hey weirdo. Well, not exactly, but we did not forget you....

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 24, 2018, 01:52:07 AMNo. A better one.
Quote from: Heather on January 23, 2018, 11:08:17 PMI know yall drove right through Bristol and not so much as a 'hey weirdo'.....i choose to feel forgotten.....

Actually, we talked about you and thought about trying to find you, but we didn't know where exactly you were working.
We rolled through pretty quick getting out there to see Taco, and didn't spare the horses on the way back either.

So, we DID say hey weirdo. Well, not exactly, but we did not forget you....

True dat.  We talked several times about stopping in to say howdy to you and Lynx.  On the way up we were pressing for time and same on the way back. 

And let me say this for you Tennessee people.  You have the longest state Ive ever been in.  We crossed the bridge at Memphis around 6:30 am.  We rolled into Virginia on 81 at 3:20 pm.  We had 1 or 2 stops for gas and a 45 minute stop for lunch and walking in Nashville.  It took forever to get across your state!

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 22, 2018, 10:56:03 PM
Quote from: mini on January 22, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

We are driving along.  I make a offhand comment about the weather or something.  He says something along the lines of "I agree, baby."  I look at him.  I say "What did you just say?!?"  The look of horror that crossed his face was priceless.
Literally laughed out loud at this one.

I was plotting on how to use his flub to my advantage when Taco called him...Roscoe confessed all to him.  He stole my thunder...LOL

Heather

I can get to Michigan quicker than I can get to Memphis. You boys are excused this time. Next time, I'll have my lookouts waiting for you.

Woke up feeling terrible, again. Made myself go to the doctor. I have walking pneumonia. Estimate is i got it while dad was still in the hospital and I've been fighting it off and on since then. Here's to meds, fruits, liquids, and Netflix.

sunlight

I need to borrow a few of Seth's Amish workers please...

Roscoe

:hi: I could use the Amish as well, in a few weeks. They could help me lay tile.
Morning all. Currently engaged in explaining to my supervisor that it's a bad idea to let a violent felon parole out to live with another violent felon, even if they are cousins. I hope she listens, 'cause if not, it's like storing nitro and blasting caps on top of each other. Not a matter of will there be an explosion, rather, when.....

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

My boss decides the weirdest times to actually be a boss. She called me in middle.of church last week begging me to go in for her 1 shift she had scheduled. This week, I asked to be back on Monday and she flat out refused to let me come back until Wednesday. She says I've been too emotional lately and I need to get over it. Hello crazy lady, my dad died!!!!

On better news, my background check with AZ has gone through. I should be back there in a couple weeks max.

Still home in my jammies. Currently watching Fixer Upper and contemplating my 2nd nap before another cough med.

Roscoe

I spent all day on the road doing home visits... and tomorrow will be some more travelling.