News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlee

Poor Ruby.  :(  Hi everybody :hi: I should have got on earlier.  I see it was fairly busy then. 

I'm up again.  Another late night.  That's ok.  I start school on Wednesday so I'm preparing.  I'm so looking forward to it.  Going to keep me really busy tho.  I start with Medical Terminology and Human Anatomy & Physiology I.  I dare say there will be much to keep me busy with that. 

I'm trying to switch back to sleeping at night again instead of all day.   I need to watch over my husband while he sleeps but I get absolutely nothing done anymore.  Tomorrow I'm going to work on laundry which I absolutely detest.  I don't mind washing and drying the clothes, I just hate folding/hanging/putting away.  You would think with all the technology we have today then there would be a way to get all that done.  :smirk2:

Lynx

Bobby: So if I go to the coast I shouldn't bother looking for music in the thrift stores there?  They should hang a sign over the CD rack, "Lou was here."

The penny story sounds about right. With the South printing out money as fast as it could, the penny would go up to about fifty cents.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Looks like it's going to be another beautiful sunny day but I'm stuck inside.

Roscoe

Urgh. Think we are headed for Moss Point and an airboat ride with gators.......hope it's a good tour.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

The airboat ride he speaks of is directly across the hwy from the house we had that was destroyed during Isaac. I live three years across from there but never went on the ride...Chel and I discussed it once, but never got around to it.

Let us know how it went.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on March 24, 2015, 05:06:27 PM
The airboat ride he speaks of is directly across the hwy from the house we had that was destroyed during Isaac. I live three years across from there but never went on the ride...Chel and I discussed it once, but never got around to it.

Let us know how it went.
We enjoyed it. A bit expensive- right at $100 for the three of us, but we only vacation once a year. Got to see some gators, then the airboat ride was about 30 minutes long. Guide was very knowledgeable, gave a mini lesson on gators, then really got on the airboat and sent us flying across the swamp. The look on Chey's face was priceless- little face was split from ear to ear with a grin when he sent the boat skipping sideways and did a donut in the middle of the pond.  She says it's the best we've done ...:lol:
For Mini and the other gearheads- the boat was powered by a big block 454 Chevy engine with straight headers. when he got on it, it sounded like all of heaven's calvary coming. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

MelodyB: I had nothing to do with any house getting destroyed. :P

Yeah, I know you meant the hurricane. I got so much teasing when that one went through...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Ashlee

MelodyB

So how early is early in Roscoe-land?

I was told they were leaving "early" Wednesday morning, but would meet me for breakfast before they left my area...

I'm up. It's 7:00am...really to go, just waiting on the call to when and where to meet.

:teeth:

Lynx

Bobby eats breakfast a lot later than many. Usually about 9:30am from what I've seen. A man could starve by then...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

One for all you Texans on the forum:

A Californian, a Texan and a New Yorker were attending a convention in a little town just outside Las Vegas They were standing in a seedy bar enjoying a few drinks.

The Californian grabbed his wine spritzer, knocked it back in one gulp, then he threw the glass against the back wall, smashing it to pieces. He told the other startled drinkers that the standard of living was so high in California that they never drank out of the same glass twice.

Next the New Yorker finished drinking his Manhattan and threw his glass against the back wall. He loudly proclaimed that in New York they were all so rich from banking and imports that they never drank out of the same glass twice.

Next the Texan drank his beer, drew a revolver and shot the Californian and the New Yorker. As he was returning the gun to his holster he told the wide-eyed bartender that in Texas they had so many New Yorkers and Californians that they never had to drink with the same ones twice.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on March 25, 2015, 12:03:32 PM
So how early is early in Roscoe-land?

I was told they were leaving "early" Wednesday morning, but would meet me for breakfast before they left my area...

I'm up. It's 7:00am...really to go, just waiting on the call to when and where to meet.

:teeth:
Uhhhh....Isaac's right. We just got up. Will text shortly...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

MelodyB

We met and ate at 8:45. Not bad. I was up early cause I like to have time to shower and dress and be ready...I hate people to have to wait on ME. I want to always be first. And I didnt want to miss his call and be rushed...

8:45 was perfect. We had Denny's. It was yummy and after a sad goodbye, they went on their Merry way.

Now I guess I will return to my regularly secheduled life.

:sadbounce:

Roscoe

We had a ball, and really appreciated Mel taking time for us. Sometime with more notice, we'll show up and do the place up right....
And, I have now invaded another GPer's town, and set up headquarters at their local motel-possibly the only motel- and am walking out the door to further intrude in their life by showing up at church. :teeth:

Heather

I started out my day by trying to oversleep. Then the rest of the day went downhill from there......  :smirk2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Bob picked the wrong motel. If only he had asked someone before booking a room... like his wife told him to...

Hush Isaac.

So my good friends Bob and Lou
Bobbed into the state and came through
They bobbed about
And then bobbed out
And I bid them all adieu.

Bob talked to uncle Fred about cars, motorcycles, law enforcement and a lot of other stuff. Then he talked to my pastor and senior (retired) pastor at great length. Lou talked to our piano players because they are all music nuts of a feather. Their daughter Cheyenne ran around with the kids at church and made me tired just watching her.

Either I know some good people in my church or I know some really talkative people on the forum, because I've noticed whenever people I know from the forum come through town they find a lot of people to talk to at my church. Ah well, it's good to know good people.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I rarely speak...but I had to do something while Lou was talking music. :hypocrite:
I actually liked everyone I met there...his pastor and I hit it off immediately, and I thought he was a great guy until he threatened me with the pulpit if I should ever happen by again. But he does have a great church. And the motel is okay..not great, but survivable.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, if they'd have come here they wouldn't have had to get a motel, they could have stayed in our cabin. We've added on to it since the time chellebelle came through. I was so embarrassed then, she had more folks with her than I knew & there wasn't enough room.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 26, 2015, 03:13:16 AM
Well, if they'd have come here they wouldn't have had to get a motel, they could have stayed in our cabin. We've added on to it since the time chellebelle came through. I was so embarrassed then, she had more folks with her than I knew & there wasn't enough room.
Never can tell where we'll pop up, Fuzzy.....so far every time I get close to y'all, something happens. :sadbounce:

Ashlee

Can't sleep.  So I decided to get up and get some school work done.  Now that I'm up, I'm on GP instead and very, very tired.  ugh.  lol  That's how my life goes.  If I go lay down again I'll be wide awake. 

Lynx

Corporate inspection today. Everyone at work is going to be strung as tight as a high tension power line. I'm going to try to keep in mind that it's just their nerves talking when I get snapped at, but it might be hard to remember at times.

We have more workers on corporate inspection day than at any other time. I sometimes wonder why they go through this charade. They know perfectly well they are not seeing a normal day at work. We go through it because it means our jobs, but I don't know why they bother.

Fortunately I have two boxes of "Thin Mint" girl scout cookies. As soon as these corporate people leave I'm going to dispel a bit of tension with chocolate. Nobody doesn't like thin mints.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I guess I'm nobody.  I don't care for Thin Mints. ;)