News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 20, 2014, 05:54:01 PM
Depending on chronological perspective, one might say the same thing about the United States. We are a bunch of different groups from all around the world, many of us outcasts, and we haven't been a going concern for even 250 years yet.

And I think there would definitely be some validity for the native Indians.

Chseeads

Melody

Nathan went into Sprint to see if he could do anything to save money and they checked and we are gonna save $50/mo now!  Plus they gave him a free galaxy tablet3. I guess they are going to no contracts soon.

It pays to ask I guess!

Heather

I think I'm trying to get a sinus infection. I have somehow NOT been sick in a while. I just hope it passes either completely or swiftly.

Brandon bought a new car today. Well new to him. 1996 Subaru Legacy Wagon. Only 121000 miles on it. Which is remarkable for Subaru's!! I don't know if it's everywhere but definitely around here. He's so excited and giddy its cute.

Well off to revival services....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 20, 2014, 08:28:01 PM
And I think there would definitely be some validity for the native Indians.
Precisely. The parallel is not exact, but very close.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I guess this is where our faith comes into play. God gave the land to Israel, He told them to rid the heathen out.  It is in the Bible, we can point to it. There is one physical Israel, one place God put His name.  So while I benefit from being here in America, I don't think we were as justified.  Not everyone coming over here were chosen people/ Christians.

Lynx

And we are not a theocratic government as Israel (though only ostensibly, at times) was.

Our position is more that of the Jews in Rome, in the time of the first church.  Though I think the USA, for all its faults, is a better place to live than Rome was.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 20, 2014, 04:38:00 PM
Anyone following Scotland wanting to be their own country again?  I guess there is also a portion of Italy that wants to be free.  WWI converted multiple regions to singular nations.  Many cultures were lumped into a nation together and to this day long to be separate.

I find it very interesting. 

You know who this doesn't apply to?  "Palestine" which is a bunch of outcasts from all over the ME acting like they are a "people."
I think Scotland gaining independence would be hilarious. Then the Quenn of England would really be a mostly a German with one lonely Scottish ancestor of royal ancestry. lol 

Just goes to show you the world is one big mixed up place.

Also, as a big ole white boy with four different kinds of Native American blood in my family tree I am okay with the way things turned out.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Ive had time to ponder on the 'no guys teaching small children' comments from earlier in the thread. I disagree. I have friends [both in church and in schools] who are male who teach from middle school age and down. There are children in both places who grow up with no father and no male role model. These are good men who can show children [both male and female] that not all men are bad [or however it is perceived by them their should be male role model is]. Also surround children with female teachers all the time [and at home if that's the case] and then be surprised when boys turn out effeminate.........sadly it's just how our world has turned out.

Awesome service with Bro Chavis this evening. Looking forward to hopefully returning tomorrow night. Good night GP.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Oh brother. I never said no guys should teach small children. I also clarified that obviously not all men who work with children are bad.  :roll:

My husband co teaches a type of Boy Scouts class at church for ages 8-12.  There are lots of Godly men working with children.

Doesn't mean that I don't wonder what the motives are for guys who are heavily involved with kids.  In this day and time, as a parent, it's a valid question.

taco_harvell

I think male influences are strongly needed in all age ranges of development. However, you wont find me alone with anyone under 18 male or female. Never alone one on one with females except maybe the elderly. In this day and age a rumor can ruin your ministry. Kids need a family atmosphere. When a male influence is missing it needs to be provided in a godly way, but with common sense as well.

If I hear of anyone I know hurting a kid they better pray the cops find them before I do. I'll go into jail ministry. Sorry if that's to blunt for some.

Speaking of independence has anyone seen this; http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/plan-to-split-california-into-six-states-gets-ok-to-gather-signatures/

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 21, 2014, 03:56:35 AM
Oh brother. I never said no guys should teach small children. I also clarified that obviously not all men who work with children are bad.  :roll:

My husband co teaches a type of Boy Scouts class at church for ages 8-12.  There are lots of Godly men working with children.

Doesn't mean that I don't wonder what the motives are for guys who are heavily involved with kids.  In this day and time, as a parent, it's a valid question.
Speaking on a very personal level, it gives me a small taste of fatherhood God didn't bless me with. Yet any way.

Melody

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 21, 2014, 01:34:01 AM
Just goes to show you the world is one big mixed up place.

Also, as a big ole white boy with four different kinds of Native American blood in my family tree I am okay with the way things turned out.
Taco, Idk if I can say it exactly like that. I'm glad we have some good Christian principles at the foundation of this country but I don't think I can exactly say I'm ok with the people it's forever affected negatively. Like issues plaguing reservation communities or that there should have ever been any. I don't think it actually turned out that great or this country wouldn't be in some of the mess it's in.  We have handed down blessings but also curses and we still fight them today. Not valuing human life is still an issue America fails at, just as it did back then.  So how things turned out is reflective of how they began. I keep that in mind when the direction of our nation comes up.

Chseeads

Oh brother. I never said no guys should teach small children.

You did broadly brush it saying you were suspect of men who want to work with children.

Melody

I do pay extra close when men do.  Suspect at first is far from calling all of them pedophiles. 

And bluntly, being in church, at church, with a good church doesn't make kids safe.  A few have risen in ranks even in our org before they were outed.  I'd rather be suspect at first than assume because they seem great they must be and then they aren't.   

I know the world doesn't have Jesus but that's A LOT of fooled parents/employees/employers/friends over the yrs of people who were child abusers.  And it's certainly not like apostolic kids haven't been compromised. One grown woman confided she had been at church by a church person, when she went to the restroom.   

I want to think its a rare thing but seriously, I'm on guard. Like a mama should be. 

MsJennJenn

I get what melodya is saying.
Truthfully while the majority of us can agree or disagree with her, we truly don't have her instinct yet because we aren't parents. So we can have opinions and thoughts, but they're truly just those until we become mothers (or fathers). A mothers instinct is unlike any others and I do think it's God given.

My :twocents:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Hello.

All is ok here. My cousin is still sick, she has been sleeping in the living room for over a week, trying not to keep her husband awake. Meanwhile, I hear her coughing all night, which is only fair cause I keep both her and Aaron up with my coughing and talking almost every night. Lol I have a chronic cough that never goes away, and just gets worse when I'm sick.

My body is TRYING to catch her mess. I'm sneezing and stuffed up at times, but I've been fighting it off with large doses of nyquill at night and vitamin C drinks during the day. I think I'm winning so far.

In Panama city, where I grew up, my former Pastors Wife passed away Wednesday night. She has been down and sickly for awhile. The funeral is Saturday, and fortunately I am off work so I'm going. I'm spending the night with my brother (Chad) and going to my other former church on Sunday. I am really looking forward to the trip...even the viewing and funeral, not cause Sis Carter has passed, but because I know I'm gonna see friends that I haven't seen in YEARS! Plus Justin an his family will be there and I get to have breakfast with them and hang out some on Saturday morning!

I'm excited!

Gotta work early tomorrow...at 9 instead of 2. But that means I'm off early so I can do the things I need to in order to leave early Saturday morning.

Mom is still in the hospital and doing well. No more major updates in that area thank God! No news is sometimes good news!

Goodnight.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Howdy :hi:
This going from the upper 70s back to the 30s in one day is rough on the sinuses.

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on February 21, 2014, 05:03:06 AM

You did broadly brush it saying you were suspect of men who want to work with children.
That's why I questioned it the first time. The way it was phrased at first, it looked like we were saying all men who want to work with kids are by default pedophiles.

"Broad brush statements can paint things you didn't want painted..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Suspect is not decided and, oh nevermind. Lol

Thanks Jenn.

What a nice reunion it'll be despite the circumstances, Mel. (:

It's supposed to get in the fifties today!

Lynx

I'm about to shoot that blankety blank groundhog... 6 more weeks of winter. Yeah. Right.
"Do you sing at church?"

txlnghrn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 21, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on February 21, 2014, 05:03:06 AM

That's why I questioned it the first time. The way it was phrased at first, it looked like we were saying all men who want to work with kids are by default pedophiles.

"Broad brush statements can paint things you didn't want painted..."

Now this is more like the GP i left....LOL *stirs the pot*

HEHEHE
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

So glad I'm not allergic to strawberries. or any other type of fruit really.  :fork: :freaky2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: