"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on February 18, 2014, 03:07:09 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 18, 2014, 02:01:22 AM
Beautiful and sunny today, upper sixties to around seventy, would be my guess, although I didn't see a thermometer today.
I got up early this morning and went to an older friend's house to help him a computer program for his ham radio installed.
I then came home and began working on my tower project, only to discover I had need of a ladder. My older friend heard of it and drove 30+ miles to bring me a ladder, then stayed to help me install the bracket I was working on. It's good to have friends.
But now I have to return to work tomorrow. Bah.
I'm assuming the ladder just across the street from you didn't work out?  oh well, I tried.
Well, it actually would've....I went and got it, and drove back home, but before I could unload it, Jim showed up...lol. Had no clue he was coming. I really appreciated it, sissy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Lynx

Wow... Bobby helped someone with a computer program?  Next he'll be trying out different Linux distros.   :cool:

As for winter heating, my mother runs a humidifier and keeps the thermostat set at 60 degrees and it feels warm.  Anyone ever tried using a humidifier?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 18, 2014, 11:38:23 AM
Wow... Bobby helped someone with a computer program?  Next he'll be trying out different Linux distros.   :cool:
Don't get carried away. It was a ham radio program that I have had to stumble through and learn myself.. :biglaugh:
Morning, all. I am back at work...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

txlnghrn

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

Roscoe

Quote from: txlnghrn on February 18, 2014, 03:30:46 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 18, 2014, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on February 18, 2014, 01:38:01 PM
:pound: s the whole crowd.
I think Seth needs a hug.  Come on everyone.
:grouphug:

NO, seth needs a thump on the head by the TTOD! (blast from the past eh seth?)
*like* And while I don't know what the TTOD is, if it involves thumping Seth, I'd like to be a part.  :P
Fuzzy, Seth DOES need a hug. From a boa constrictor.  :lol:

Heather

*HUGS* Mel

Have gotten tests back finally. 110 in Sociology. A- in Theatre. 88/B+ in Anthropology. HOORAY!!!!  :cool:

This week has filled up fast. Tonight after class I go housesit [just for the night]. Glad I get to see Susan's animals and love on them since my dad stole my cat. Tomorrow is work then church. Thursday is school then youth revival with Bro Cortt Chavis. Friday is work then youth revival. Saturday is work then a 'praise gathering' at another church. Our church and 2 others in the area are joining together for a praise concert so to speak. Sis Jina McCool is going to be there.

Alright to eat some dinner and head to English class. Where I have to turn in my first paper  :smirk2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

HeatherB:  Ooooh, the McCools!  I am officially jealous!  Any McCool is worth making a trip to see. 

Bobby:  Um... getting a bit vicious there. 

In local news I went across the county to pay the light bill, and while I was in town I stopped at the McDonald's where I used to work.  STRAWBERRY CREME PIES ARE BACK!   :clap: :clap: :clap: Manager said they're going to be a permanent item now!  It's the one thing McD's does right. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on February 19, 2014, 04:34:47 AM
And the TTOD is the Texas Toothpick Of Doom. 
Ah. We should have an ATD. After all, the Bowie knife was known as an "Arkansaw Toothpick".  :freaky2:
And Strawberry creme pies from McDonald's are awesome. :fork:
Closer to the weekend....ahh.

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

A little girl was abducted yesterday and found dead today.  He was a teacher's aid? and a elementary coach.  This is why I'm suspect of men who want to work with children. 

Oh my heart is broken.

The police were chasing him but could not stay caught up with him.  I can't imagine how they feel today.  There has been much debate here over the last few months on whether police should chase bad guys into residential areas (mostly the ghetto) because of the risk to pedestrians.  I wonder if it will affect the views?

txlnghrn

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

Roscoe

*Tap,tap*  Is this thing on?!? Lord. No posts since 10:38 am? Come on!
I'm back at work. Thank God it is my Friday. And the severe weather they thought was coming through here- tornados, ect- apparently has went past us. Thank God. Hope everyone has a great day.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: Howdy, I'm at work.  It was really windy on the way in, my little car was swaying at times from the wind.

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 19, 2014, 04:16:26 PM
A little girl was abducted yesterday and found dead today.  He was a teacher's aid? and a elementary coach.  This is why I'm suspect of men who want to work with children.
Um... I help with children's church. What are you saying about me?
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Nothing in particular.  Obviously, not all men who work with kids are bad.   :roll:

I have re-emphasized to my kids though that NO man besides their dad has any place to call them in a room alone.  And I know a sensible good man would never call a child to a place alone. Not even my pastor would do that, nor any men close to our family. 

Melody

Anyone following Scotland wanting to be their own country again?  I guess there is also a portion of Italy that wants to be free.  WWI converted multiple regions to singular nations.  Many cultures were lumped into a nation together and to this day long to be separate.

I find it very interesting. 

You know who this doesn't apply to?  "Palestine" which is a bunch of outcasts from all over the ME acting like they are a "people."

Lynx

Depending on chronological perspective, one might say the same thing about the United States. We are a bunch of different groups from all around the world, many of us outcasts, and we haven't been a going concern for even 250 years yet.
"Do you sing at church?"