News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

Roscoe

Y'all been too quiet all day. Post, thou varlets! I have commanded thee. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mesipie

Great pics jj, Landon's fave thing ever is animals, he absolutely loves lions and elephants.
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Woke up early. Finished theatre homework. Went to church. Ate mexican. Came home. Started laundry. Worked out. Now I'm delaying writing an english paper.... Guess I should just get on with it......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 16, 2014, 05:04:57 AM

We had the same thing last year. Nobody had to say anything I don't think, there's just not place for it. And our sound comes out half a second later than out voices so her beat would frustrate the worship leader.  I still miss it though.

Well how do you clap to that either then?  :-?

I think tambourine playing was done a lot more around here amongst we honkies in this area, but it lost popularity over the years as did many things.

Lynx

My brother used to play drums at our church and tambourines was one of his pet peeves.  Four or five different "players," all through the congregation, all keeping different beats... 

Now we have only one in our church who plays the tambourine, and the drummer has noise canceling headphones on a direct monitor line from the sound board. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I am pleased. Y'all listened to your better and posted. :hypocrite:
And the tambourine has been the bane of my church going experience.  I can't count the number of times I have had to fight the very carnal urge to take one from someone and see just how close to a crown it would appear placed on a elaborate Pentecostal bun... Forgive me, Lord. :pray:
Fortunantly, I don't think we have anyone "playing" it regularly now. :lol:
And in sharing- Bro Wilson texted me at 2:45, while I was an hour away, asking if I had anything for Church tonight, as the Sunday School teacher was out of town and his substitute had called just moments before advising he'd had an emergency and couldn't make it. I didn't, but had a thought and a verse, so I went straight to church and worked up a message, with God's help.
Then the visiting minister showed up and delivered me- and my message. Preached nearly exactly what I would've. Nice to have confimation that you had the mind of God......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on February 16, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on February 16, 2014, 05:04:57 AM

We had the same thing last year. Nobody had to say anything I don't think, there's just not place for it. And our sound comes out half a second later than out voices so her beat would frustrate the worship leader.  I still miss it though.

Well how do you clap to that either then?  :-?

I think tambourine playing was done a lot more around here amongst we honkies in this area, but it lost popularity over the years as did many things.

Great question. Idk. I asked Nathan and he thinks they've improved the sound since last year to minimize that. We used to have to wear ear pieces because the sound bouncing of the wall threw us off.  Hahaha we are a work in progress. Nobody plays the tamb. so perhaps it wouldn't throw us off now?

*makes mental note to bring tambourine when visiting Roscoe's church*

MelodyB

*sigh*

Short version...(cause Im so weary with this already, its really starting to stress me out to the point where I am not sleeping anymore and the nightmares have returned with full force...the yelling and screaming, the exhaustion, and last night I woke my self up THREE times cause I was slapping myself in the head while asleep...good grief)

Anyway. Mom was in a sorry state this last week since she got out of the hosp and back in the house with dad. Messing all over their new apartment, dad refusing to help clean her up, she cant walk cause of her broke leg, hims screaming at her cause she is helpless to help herself...just a mess. She even called the ambulance Friday and they wouldn't take her to the hosp cause she wasn't hurt or anything worth an ambulance trip, she was just dirty in her own mess and her husband was being stupid...bad yes, but not a reason to be hospitalized. :roll:

So this morning I get a call from my brother saying that Mom had been hospitalized cause she was severely dehydrated. Apparently with the stomach troubles, and dad being like he is, she wasn't getting enough fluid to replenish her system...so somehow she got hospitalized...Im not clear on the story if she got picked up by the ambulance or what happened...I was just glad she was admitted. if she is in the hosp, that means she is getting taken care of. Cleaned up, fed, and dad cant hit her or scream at her without a scene.

So on my way to work this afternoon, I called the hospital so I could talk to her...they connected me to SICU...I didnt know she was in there. So I couldnt talk to her, but the nurse said she was fine. Looked great, getting fluids and rest and was acting lucid and eating and talking normally. GOOD. Thats all I needed to know. I was satisfied, and continued my work day.  Tonight, John called and said Mom had a heart attack. Apparently, :headslap: they put her in the VERY SAME ROOM that her Brother died in not even two months ago, and when Mom realized where exactly she was at, she snapped and got all anxious and caused herself to have a pretty big heart attack. UGH.

I am thankful however that she was already in ICU when she had it, cause they were right there and helped her.

Tomorrow they are doing a heart cath and they may put in a pacemaker or stints or whatever they think is needed, but as of right now, she is looking pretty bad.

I keep reminding myself that God had His hand on my move here to Florida....but my flesh cant help but wonder if I somehow could have prevented some of this if I had not have left...and would Bro Ramsey still be alive if I had of stayed away from Allan the FIRST time we broke up? *sigh* Im just so confused and hurt by everything...I dont know what to think anymore.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

taco_harvell

Mel you can't keep questioning God's timing in somethings. It will just drive you insane. Been there done that!

Tambourines are evil! A lady who bangs one loud and off beat always sits right behind me knowing the headache issues I'm having. I want to break it!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 17, 2014, 04:32:29 AM
Great question. Idk. I asked Nathan and he thinks they've improved the sound since last year to minimize that. We used to have to wear ear pieces because the sound bouncing of the wall threw us off.  Hahaha we are a work in progress. Nobody plays the tamb. so perhaps it wouldn't throw us off now?

When Bro. Stanger was still pastoring and I'd visit there and sing I couldn't stand their piano set up....the sound of the keyboard coming from the monitor was delayed from what you were actually playing.  HATED THAT.  Couldn't tell if I was supposed to sing with what I knew I was playing or what I was hearing.  I started playing the organ instead of the piano if I'd sing there, cause it wasn't run through the sound system.

Chseeads

Lynx

They must have been running a digital soundboard and it had a latency issue.  That could be, and should be fixed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

I don't know what it was, but it was a horrid, horrid thing, I don't know how they stood it.  lol

I'm not a sound person.  We don't even use monitors.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

RE: Zoo - I'd live at a zoo if I could. I really sincerely think I enjoy them more than any kids I know. I always ask to visit the zoo when we're near one.

RE: Tambs! - My former church had one WAAAAAAAAAY back, but the person playing it wasn't very good. Now my current church had a guy who played (also not very good), so it was hidden from him. I feel a little more.. personal.. about how people handle it. It's very frustrating to have it played off-beat, but the Bible says "joyful noise." Who are we to take away someone's praise? I've always felt that we were somehow wrong for having it taken away.

Mel, I pray for peace for you. Don't question what's happened and how, and don't feel guilty for decisions you've made to change where you are.  Your situation was extremely tough from what I've read through the years, I'm not even so sure I could've handled it in any way as well as you have. I believe that God opened those doors for you, just right in His time. We don't control life and death.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 17, 2014, 09:38:23 PM
Woo-wee, it's time for an air conditioner, it's already 77*.

No way lol - not turning mine on repeatedly (at home anyway) until it's over 80.
Winter electricity is breaking me! lol I spend half as less during the summer months though. Thankfully.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Folks around here have had their electricity bills double the last couple of months.

Melody

Heat bills are a pain. We keep our thermostat at 65*. I'll turn it up to 70* momentarily at bed time and first thing in the morning. Otherwise if we are cold I go through the check list:

Footies?
Leggings?
Long sleeves?

If it's evening we might wear our fluffy robes.  Lol

It got up to FIFTY DEGREES today!!!  We didn't even need the heat.  I am SO ready for spring!!

Chseeads

Roscoe

Beautiful and sunny today, upper sixties to around seventy, would be my guess, although I didn't see a thermometer today.
I got up early this morning and went to an older friend's house to help him a computer program for his ham radio installed.
I then came home and began working on my tower project, only to discover I had need of a ladder. My older friend heard of it and drove 30+ miles to bring me a ladder, then stayed to help me install the bracket I was working on. It's good to have friends.
But now I have to return to work tomorrow. Bah.

Kim

Quote from: Roscoe on February 18, 2014, 02:01:22 AM
Beautiful and sunny today, upper sixties to around seventy, would be my guess, although I didn't see a thermometer today.
I got up early this morning and went to an older friend's house to help him a computer program for his ham radio installed.
I then came home and began working on my tower project, only to discover I had need of a ladder. My older friend heard of it and drove 30+ miles to bring me a ladder, then stayed to help me install the bracket I was working on. It's good to have friends.
But now I have to return to work tomorrow. Bah.
I'm assuming the ladder just across the street from you didn't work out?  oh well, I tried.