Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I hate that. I also hate giving my email at stores to check out. So rude.

MsJennJenn

You can decline. I never give mine out. It's just the digital era we're in. Savings in emails are easier these days it seems. I have a "spam" email address - specifically for this type of request. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Was mostly getting rid of the unnecessary subscriptions in preparation to get offline more after Christmas

The Purple Fuzzy

I hardly talk on the phone at all... my husband uses the phone much more than me.

taco_harvell

Doctors update; More med changes. My blood work is showing that my kidneys are reacting as if I weren't even on a fluid pill. All kidney function is normal, but the things diuretics usually elevate in order to increase output aren't happening in me right now. They are trying to figure out if I'm immune to what I'm on or what's going on

We are still playing a waiting game on both the migraine and cluster headaches. They changed a med for pain that God somehow took from $687 to $91 to $19.26 leaving me and the pharmacy worker amazed. God also used someone to provide us with an unexpected blessing today which enabled us to get that and all the medicines today.

Thank You God For What Your Doing In This!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on December 23, 2013, 09:53:40 PM
My Pastor passed away today.
Ouch.  Praying for your church family that they will come through this without all the junk that some churches have when they lose their leader.

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 23, 2013, 07:16:31 PM
I hate that. I also hate giving my email at stores to check out. So rude.
When a store asks for my email or phone number I just look at them kind of fishy and ask "why would you need that to ring up my order?" They always admit it's for future advertisements, at which point I politely decline to give them it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Praying, Mel..While I know it is not much consolation, I've spoken with two ministers today outside of here that both informed me that your pastor was a great guy and a great man of God., who they knew and loved personally. I hope that when it comes my time I have as good a reputation amongst my peers.

In other sharing- I just finished a delicious dinner of chopped steak in mushroom gravy, mashed tators, corn, and baked beans. For dessert was a tasty homemade buttermilk pie. :fork:  Last week I tried the recipe out, but it called for a cup and a half of sugar.  :o I made it as the recipe stated, but it was really too sweet to eat. Tonight I cut the sugar in half, and  it was almost perfect.. I *might* try to cut it back to half a cup from the 3/4 cup I tried tonight, but this one is so bad close to perfect I may not mess with it. Chey made me laugh too- after protesting that she HATES buttermilk and " that pie will be nasty", I got her to taste it- it's now her favorite and she's getting on to Lou for eating a piece, claiming "Mama's gonna hog ALL MY PIE!"  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

So post the recipe already!  With your version of the amount of sugar, not the original spec.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 24, 2013, 01:34:26 AM
So post the recipe already!  With your version of the amount of sugar, not the original spec.
Easy Peasy...

(1) Piecrust, unbaked
Mix 3/4 cup of sugar,1/4 cup of flour (all purpose, not self-rising), 3 beaten eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter,1 cup buttermilk, and 2 tsp of vanilla- mix well...Pour into crust, bake @ 350 degrees until "not jiggly"  :laughhard:- that's how it was described to me. :biglaugh: Seemed to be around 30 minutes or so, but don't quote me on that. Ten minutes' prep time if you use a frozen crust. And I still think we could cut the sugar back to 1/2 cup without issue, but my "test group" here says don't mess with it.

One of the easiest pies I've ever made, and since I love a buttermilk pie, I was overjoyed to get the recipe.. :thumbsup2: 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Oh... you use a prefab crust.  Rats.  I was hoping you used the traditional buttermilk pie crust with cornmeal in it.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Getting really tired of being unable to work and having my boss treat like trash over it. I might need prayer for my attitude.

taco_harvell

Backseat Radio

Got off work to find a text message from dad that says:
"News Flash ------- Fat man sighting at your end of the street? ? ? ? ?  (mumbling something about Ba -  Humbug - Ho - Ho -  Ho  - Ho)"

Dad got into my house while I was at work and put up a bunch of coat hooks in various rooms and a clothes bar on my back porch / laundry room.

taco_harvell

Weird odor coming through vents when heat comes on. Can't access unit to check it turning it off and praying it's safe till morning.

SippinTea

Quit leaving your dirty socks by the cold air return. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on December 24, 2013, 07:00:48 AM
Quit leaving your dirty socks by the cold air return. :P

:beret:
Nope, this is a burning smell, and our brilliant landlords put our heat unit in a basement under another apartment we can't access. The breaker for the unit is in their to. Three times they have called out AC guys to find out I could of fixed it if they would have put our unit in our apartment. This old building and this landlord just baffles me at times.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 24, 2013, 03:09:43 AM
Oh... you use a prefab crust.  Rats.  I was hoping you used the traditional buttermilk pie crust with cornmeal in it.
I've got a crust recipe, but I haven't tried it yet....don't think it has cornmeal in it, though..

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Backseat Radio

Way too cold out today for my liking.  4 degrees with  a -14 windchill.  brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr