News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

o.O  A guy at our church was talking about how he was bad to sleepwalk.  He got kind of nervous about it because he has a handgun, and no telling what he might do in his sleep.  He finally had his wife hide it and not tell him where it is.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Kim

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2013, 02:37:36 AM
Quote from: Kim on October 12, 2013, 02:31:31 AM
Just to share a little something....the other night I went to the cemetary where my daddy is, and some of his flowers were missing.  Couldn't get back there for a couple of days to replace them,  so when I finally got the chance, as I'm driving there, it starts raining----really hard.  I will admit I don't pray as I should, but the only thing I could think was to say a little prayer.  So, I ask if He could please make it stop, or at least slack up just long enough for me to get those flowers put on my daddy.  To my suprise, about a half mile from the cemetary---IT QUITS RAINING!!!  As I pull in, it starts misting.  I jump out of my car and run across the cemetary.  There were four vases I needed to repair.  Put the first one in...the second one...the third one...then just as I got the fourth one in, a clap of thunder hit, and the bottom fell out!  I got soak and wet before I got back to my car, but was laughing because I did ask for just enough time to replace the flowers.  Guess I got what I ask for. Hmmmm...maybe He does still listen to me!
Of course He does.... :P
And it's about time you got back on here....and how did MY homemade carrot cake you made that I never got a piece of turn out?  :pound:
Well, I didn' know it was YOUR carrot cake, but it turned out ok.  A little too rich for me, so since you can't ever come over here, and I didn't want it to waste,  I took it to Tyanna and the kids. 

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2013, 03:44:30 AM
Is the nursing home thing for rehab, or permanent? That'll be rough to deal with if he is as independent - read bull headed- as my Daddy was..

Rehab.  Hopefully he'll get strength back and get back to his normal decrepit self instead of his current state of really bad off decrepitness.  He's just got all kinds of problems from this crazy junk.  Sigh.

Melody

Heather

*praying for Jason and Elona*

up and in theory getting ready for church. that will be as soon as I get off this computer and get out of my jammies.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 13, 2013, 12:32:54 PM
Quote from: mini on October 13, 2013, 12:48:35 AM
Guys, pray for Taco.  He needs it.

-mini

I don't think I'm connected to him on FB. What's wrong?
He's been in the hospital for the past couple of weeks. Unexplained migrain symptoms that mimic a stroke for one thing...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Awesome service this morning. We went to my home church. Brandon said this week he can tell a difference in me between the two churches. During praise and worship God just dropped into my spirit to go up front and have Bro Ketron pray for us as a couple. Of course in my mind i'm like 'really God. the guy who takes 5 smoke breaks during service?' And God's answer was 'well yeah...' So I turned to Brandon and asked if he'd go up front with me to let Bro Ketron pray over us. He just looked at me and said ok. He never goes up to the altar for anything. Praise and worship. Altar call. Anything. But Bro Ketron prayed for us and a couple seconds into it I though he was gonna squeeze my hand off!!! It may not seem like much to anyone else but it's a chip out of that wall he has up about God. A dear lady in the church who I absolutely adore came up to Brandon after service and told him she understood how Pentecostal churches can be different and bit scary but if he'd hold on God has amazing things planned for his life. He seemed flabbergasted by it. We went to eat with friends of ours after service and on the way back to my parents he asked if it would be ok to come back to my church all the time.  :clap: :hyper: :clap: That although he likes his church it wasn't family like it is at my church. I just feel like shouting now.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 14, 2013, 11:38:07 AM
Good morning everyone.
Urgh. Merning, snerd. And all others. I overslept, drove way over the speed limit to get to work and blew my weekly fuel budget by doing so. And I didn't get a Dr Pepper. It's just me, water, and the Lord. He's gonna have to really work with me, cause it ain't looking good from my side of things.  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

In local sharing, I finally, FINALLY got a chance to make a batch of sourdough.  The General Conference trip wiped out the last two loaves I had, I didn't have time to make more before this weekend and I'm NOT using that spongy, floppy, gummy store bread, so I've been without bread for a bit. 
There is nothing like a garden-ripe tomato, sliced thick, on whole wheat sourdough bread.  Very good lunch.

In other sharing news, our church is trying to do Hezekiah Walker's "Celebrate."  Unfortunately our church has trouble with songs that are supposed to be sung mostly on the half-beat, so it's a bit of a mess right now.  Also unfortunately, they told me "you're Hezekiah Walker."  In other words, I'm doing the descant.  Does anyone have any tips for how to get a group of people who were raised on southern gospel to learn how to sing black choir?

HeatherB: I rejoice with thee. :clap:

Bro. Bobby:  I have some Moser Roth 85% cocoa bars, very smooth for that high a cocoa percentage, but no way to get them to you.  If you have an Aldi, stop by and see if they have some.  Stronger than Dr. Pepper, guaranteed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It's all gray and dreary today.  Makes me want to go back to bed.

Melody

*said in an infomercial voice*

Do it!  But record it and put it on YouTube.  You just might get famous and not need a job.

Or.
You might get fired.

Take life by the horns!

:P

Roscoe

I'm thinking the only thing with horns here aint life, it is Meller. :ugly:

Melody

:pound:

It's going to get in the THIRTIES this week!  I feel like fall has come fast.  Good grief.  It's already in the 40's when I take Andrew to school.  So...

Soup time.

This is one of my all time favorite dishes. So hearty, so flavorful! So easy. I just throw it all in the crockpot.

http://www.cookincanuck.com/2011/11/hearty-chicken-stew-with-butternut-squash-quinoa-recipe/

MsJennJenn

I soooo wish it was in the 40's here. Alas - we won't get that consistently until around January. :sadbounce:

Entering a writing contest at school. Gets me 5 points extra credit for my Comp II class. Woot.
I can submit up to 4 submissions. I have about 20 writings to choose from. Excited.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Im here.

Roscoe is helping out with a parade at the capitol.  He is leading it in a pink squad car.

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Contrary to Mini-ster, I was NOT leading a parade, especially not in a pink squad car. :pound: I was *working*, something that clown knows nothing about. :hypocrite:
And yes, Taco is out...talked to him for nearly an hour on the way home yesterday. Still having some pain, still in need of prayers, but much better than he was, praise God.
And in sharing- I is up. I has Dr,. Pepper. And I is ready to return to the house. Not sick, not really tired, just don't wanna be here. :P